Recent experience with family-based immigration application at NBC?

montanagriz said:
No news, forms received by CIS on 5/3. Looks like this could be next week, going by Amherst22 timeline. And it's Memorial Day :(. Actually my next big worry is the wait for fingerprints, as some appoitments are 6 weeks out at some offices from what people have posted here. And no walk-ins accepted in the local office, either.

You know, the usual situation here. Job offer waiting, but the job will go away if no work permit in time...

I am grateful for this forum, being in the dark is no fun at all, and this way at least we have some reliable tracking data, but it still seems the wait times are all over the map.

Got my notice of action this evening:

4/25/05: sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to chicago lockbox facility
4/26/05: Received at lockbox
5/24/05: All checks cashed
5/26/05: Received all NOAs

Where to send RFE for Chicago lockbox AOS?

vroom said:
According to them my Marriage certificate was missing with my paperwork, I had to resend it

Can you give me the address to send the RFE? I submitted my I-130, I-485 and I-765 applications only to find out later that I forgot to include current employment information with the affidavit of support. I'd like to send it before they ask for it but I'm not sure where. Please let me know where did you send your RFE paper. Is it just the Chicago lockbox address for the application? Thanks!

Can anyone know the EAD I-765 application is approved by the local district centre or NBC? I live at Houston, TX, I finished my finger print last week, but no news until now.? Thanks,

Hi, everyone! I'm also (in)patiently waiting for my EAD as some of you are here. I am starting to feel a little panicky :( since my current EAD (Practical Training) will be expiring in 1 month. I really want to get my new EAD by then so that I don't have to stop working... According to USCIS tracker updated on 5/18/05, they are currently processing EAD applications received on 4/4/05. So, hopefully I will be receiving my EAD soon (my NOA date is 4/19/05). I am applying from Los Angeles, by the way. I will keep you updated ;) !

F-1 on Practical Training married to USC:
Paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765, medical exam etc) mailed to Chicago Lockbox via express mail: 4/15/2005
Paperwork received by USCIS: 4/16/2005
Notice of Action for I-130, I-485, & I-765: 4/19/2005
Fingerprint and Biometric done : 4/26/2005

From previous post:
Paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765, medical exam etc) mailed to Chicago Lockbox via express mail: 4/15/2005
Fingerprint and Biometric done : 4/26/2005​

That timeline is amazing. Biometrics done on day 11? That's about the fastest I have seen anywhere. I hope you know you're extremely lucky.

montanagriz we are on the same boat. USPS shows may 2 as date of receipt. Have never been so eager to see a check I wrote get cashed :). I'm hoping that notices are received next week after holidays. Best of luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485

I-130/ I-612 approved 2002
I-485 recieved by New York city Nov 21, 2002
my name check cleared April 20, 2005, only 17th month after fingerprinting, I am still waiting for the final approval, can you guys tell me what you think

ead approval

gatorlink said:
no i got an email stating it was mailed, so hopefully tomorrow if not monday
after approval of ead when did u get another email saying that your card was mailed cuz mine got approved on the 23 may and no email of mailing card or the card yet did everyone who got an ead approval got another email stating their card was mailed thanks.

I-693 filing

We live in LA and are getting ready to file the AoS packet to the Lockbox

- How long does the medical exam take?
- Does one need to submit the medical exam form I-693 along with the AoS packet? On the USCIS site, I read some district offices require it at filing time but other offices need it at time of interview.

Thanks
Julie

Medical Exam

Julie,

Medical exam is now needed at the time of submitting all other applications to Chicago lockbox. I submitted applications (I-130, I-485, etc) without medical exam back in March, and everything was returned to me stating I do need to submit medical exam with everything else. It took me only a few days to get a result of medical exam. I made an appt, went in the next day, it took about 45 min for a doctor to do exam and shots, etc. I got a sealed letter (that needs to be submitted to USCIS) from the doctor in 2 days. It did cost me a lot though ($300)... Good luck.

Fingerprint and Biometric done : 4/26/2005

Documents NBC processes vs ones that DO and SC does

Thanks Mspiggy for the quick response.

I have trying to find the processing time for various documents. But for that first I was trying to find out which office processes what. Reading various threads, it sounds like:
I-485 is processed at the local DO (NBC does pre-interview work & fwds case to District Office)
I-130 is processed at the service center (NBC does pre-interview work & fwds case to Service Center)
I-131 (AP) and I-765 (EAD) are completely processed at the NBC

Is that correct?

Thanks
Julie

Hello everybody,
I have an application at NBC for AOS. I am on H1B and my husband is USC. I live in LA. Hoping to get my EAD approved this week.

Here is my timeline:

Day 1 04/11/05 Mailed the package to NBC
Day 4 04/15/05 RD
Day 9 04/20/05 ND on my AOS,AP,EAD
Day 10 04/21/05 Checks cashed
Day 19 04/30/05 Fingerprints done

amishah said:
Hi All,
Just received a mail saying that my I 131 was approved on May 25th and they have sent me the approval notice. Hurrehhhhhhh..
I am one step closer to visiting my family.

Hi amishah,
it looks like we have very close dates on our Receipts. Congratulations on your AP approval :) No news on EAD yet???

gamze said:
Hi amishah,
it looks like we have very close dates on our Receipts. Congratulations on your AP approval :) No news on EAD yet???
I have not received my AP in mail yet. I am hoping for today. No words on EAD yet.

got my interview date!!!!

I received the NOA for my I-485 interview.
I will do the interview on june 20th
wish me luck

gatorlink said:
I received the NOA for my I-485 interview.
I will do the interview on june 20th
wish me luck
Good Luck for your interview. You are going at super fast speed. What is your DO?

gatorlink said:
Thanks, my DO is jacksonville
Gatorlink!! Congratulations on your smooth procedure!^^
I'm waiting for my interview schedule.
By the way, did you receive NOA for I485 interview from your DO or Lee's Summit, MO?
I'm just a little worried because my DO, New York City is very slow though.
Wish you good luck!!