received dallas IL letter..questions..

kmurali70

Registered Users (C)
Below are my dates, i received my IL today for aug 9th.
Did my fp on june 6th.
So does that mean that my checks for name and bg are done ?
or are they pending.
How do i get my oath to be scheduled on the same day.
Also me and my spouse have the interview scheduled at the same time/day, so who will
carry the original docs, are the interviews separate, or together
can we take toddlers ( 2yrs). ?
The online message still has not changed on the status..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my fp on june 6th.
or are they pending.

Technically, USCIS should only schedule the interview after name check is completed. But, it is a still hit and miss situation. So, it is always possible after interview, IO could tell you the check result is still pending.

Depends if your particular DO has the same day oath option. If so, and assume your name check is completed, you will be offered automatically unless there is pending issue or you requested name change, which needs to be done at Federal Court.

Also me and my spouse have the interview scheduled at the same time/day, so who will

The interview has to be seperated. You can informe the IO that you are couple and have shared original documents. And most likely, the same IO will interview both of you one after another. There is no chid allowed. Personally I would not see bring a child is a professional mater for such event. So, find a baby sitter for the best.

Forget about on-line status. Mine still showing "...we received your N400 aaplication....." and pending status. The last update is 12/06/2006. I believe the on-line status stops after finger printing notice.

Thanks

See above corespondence remarks.....

I would not think so ...... the way I interpret this is as follow;

If those whom apply last year have not gotten an FBI name check clear why should the system stop there .....the IO should work on other cases while the issue of the previous recipient is clear, and judging for what I know that is the way it works......How would you like for and IO to stop production because of one case have additional work to be clear? do you think is just or is it unfair. From what I hear from lulac and other organization that is the way the former INS used to work and that is how the back log was created also when USCIS today talk's about backlog they are refering about cases that are still pending due to adverse situation and they have to report working on those cases from those month...................

Did my fp on june 6th.
or are they pending.
Thanks

Congrats on your IL.
since you received your IL it does mean that your NC and BG are done.
I do not think that Dallas does same day oath anymore. I had mine the following week. The interviews are seperate one of you can carry the original Docs and the other photo copies. You are not permitted to take any children in the office. They can stay in the waiting room but not a toddler.
Dont worry about the online status mine never showed up. Hope the info helps.

If those whom apply last year have not gotten an FBI name check clear why should the system stop there .....the IO should work on other cases while the issue of the previous recipient is clear, and judging for what I know that is the way it works......How would you like for and IO to stop production because of one case have additional work to be clear? do you think is just or is it unfair. From what I hear from lulac and other organization that is the way the former INS used to work and that is how the back log was created also when USCIS today talk's about backlog they are refering about cases that are still pending due to adverse situation and they have to report working on those cases from those month...................

I respectfully disagree. Using my own case as an example, my name check was cleared on January 8, 2008, and I was placed in queue for interview scheduling on January 30. Meanwhile, numerous NYC applicants who submitted their applications AFTER mine was placed in queue have already been interviewed. Some are already citizens. It's common knowledge that USCIS processes recent cases to pad their case processing statistics.

Also, mine is not the only case like that. There are still several forum members on the NYC thread who are waiting for interviews since 2007, with all background checks cleared.

niceuser,

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR AND VERY CLEAR TO YOU... i DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR LEVEL OF EDUCATION IS ...nor do I know from what third WORLD country you came from, but I read your post very clear. What I AM TRYING TO EXPLAINED TO YOU IS THAT IF THAT PERSON HAS NOT YET REACH TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN THE PROCESS IS BECAUSE INS OR USCIS IS STILLTRYING TO DETERMINE IF HE IS A SECURITY RISK OR NOT ...ETC..........LET'S FACE IT AFTER 9/11 THIS COUNTRY HAVE TO BECOME MORE CAREFUL. REMEMBER THE TERRORIST DIDNT CAME FROM MEXICO.

I disagree with this as well. In many instances, the applicants from last summer (including myself) first had to endure several months of receipting delays followed by several months of waiting in the queue for an interview. My name check cleared several days after I did my FP in January and have to wait until August 28 (8 months in queue) for an interview. In the mean time several posters who have filed in spring of this year already had their interview.

The reason behind the discrepancy in processing times has to do with the way USCIS has decided to focus resources on last summer backlog without affecting current applications. Think of it as load balancing: USCIS most likely divided the applications whose PD falls into Fiscal 2007 and Fiscal 2008
and divided resources accordingly. Since the Fiscal 2007 pile is much bigger, it will take longer to process the applications, while Fiscal 2008 applications continue to be processed without delay.

Okay guy/girl, what does 9/11 and mexico have to do with this? THis is about organizational and procedural efficiency. USCIS says it has a policy of FIFO but it is common knowledge they do not follow that [Read the 2007 CIS ombudsmand report if you need more authoritative sources]
DO not let your desire to be processed early cloud your sense of reasoning. THe USCIS will not reward you for it. lol

PS: Injecting "third world country" sounds to me like someone has a rather skewed way of approaching issues.

niceuser,

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR AND VERY CLEAR TO YOU... i DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR LEVEL OF EDUCATION IS ...nor do I know from what third WORLD country you came from, but I read your post very clear and what I AM TRYING TO EXPLAINED TO YOU IS THAT IF THAT PERSON HAS NOT YET REACH TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN THE PROCESS IS BECAUSE INS OR USCIS STILL ARE TRYING TO DETERMINE IF HE IS A SECURITY RISK OR NOT ...ETC..........LET FACE AFTER 9/11 THIS COUNTRY HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL. REMEMBER THE TERRORIST DIDNT CAME FROM MEXICO.

Thoughtful

I understand your concern and by the way i have read the report. 9/11 has to do a lot with the way things are process today. In reality it have make it even harder in particular for people of Middle Eastern descend like some of us. I do research for living and believe it or not it does play a major role. I am not looking to be rewarded for defending USCIS as I know they can screw people up; but keep in mind reality vs. perception and the perception is ........you figure it out. FIFO or LIFO what ever method they used does have an impact but don't expect for them to stop processing other cases if a particular case has an indication of national security risk when they are processing a case. Organizational structure if you truly know what it means does not guarantee a beneficial outcome all across. But keep in mind that when people send their application they should be careful because USCIS get a big chunk of information from the application and if the applicant later forget what they put down is questionable. It is here where the organizational structure is broken down and they must pause and investigate.

niceuser ,

Anyhow .....that is why you will not advance to the next level, people like you have a problem with being subjective. Education! if you trying to make me angry ..........will not WORK but, good luck in your life and " GOD BLESS YOU"

Thoughtful

I understand your concern and by the way i have read the report. 9/11 has to do a lot with the way things are process today. In reality it have make it even harder in particular of Middle Eastern descend like some of us. I do research for living and believe it or not it does play a major role. I am not looking to be rewarded for defending USCIS as I know they can screw people up; but keep in mind reality vs. perception and the perception is ........you figure it out. FIFO or LIFO what ever method they used does have an impact but don't expect for them to stop processing other cases if a particular case has an indication of national security risk when they are processing a case. Organizational structure if you truly know what is means does not guarantee a beneficial outcome all across. But keep in mind that when people send their application they should be careful because USCIS get a big chunk of information from the application and if the applicant later forget what they put down is questionable. It is here where the organizational structure is broken down and they must pause and investigate.

I believe that you're referring to applications that have been delayed as a result of FBI name checks. However, the post that started this discussion referenced preferential processing of newer applications, not those that are stuck in name check. As I've already pointed out, there are many applicants who have already cleared all background checks and are waiting to be scheduled for interview, while many others who applied months after them are breezing through the process. This has nothing to do with national security or lack thereof.

Speaking of national security, I fail to see the benefit of flagging a potential terrorist as a result of the name check and letting him wander around freely for the next god knows how many years while the name check is being completed. Not only is that a direct THREAT to national security, but also gross mismanagement and squandering of government resources.

Bobsmyth ,

And in a way I do understand. first is the case that they needed to hire more people, then there is the issue that new people are frantic when they see names of Middle Eastern descend and add to that the FBI. As I said and from what have gather, they subject us and treat us as we are all trying to bring down this country but until we get that paper let them run their investigation. Sure they are making us bend and so on but remember the burden of proof is on us.

Vorpal,

Why do you think that when the FBI runs a name check they only tell you that it was send to USCIS ......a clear result does not mean that you are safe it means that they are done with your name check and now USCIS must do their own work.

niceuser ,

Anyhow .....that is why you will not advance to the next level, people like you have a problem with being subjective. Education! if you trying to make me angry ..........will not WORK but, good luck in your life and " GOD BLESS YOU"

Did you mean having problems being "Objective"
I understand that you have a different opinion regarding USCIS effeciency, objectivity and professionalism. That is fine. However what is the point of stating someone is from a 'third world' country. It is a rather derogatory term and anyway has nothing to do with nice user's, your or any other poster's opinion in this thread.
Please keep the discussion civil and yes'objective' that is informed by facts not just 'subjective' opinion.

Vorpal,

Why do you think that when the FBI runs a name check they only tell you that it was send to USCIS ......a clear result does not mean that you are safe it means that they are done with your name check and now USCIS must do their own work.

The USCIS doesn't actually perform any investigations pertaining to the name check. Once the name check is completed, an interview is usually scheduled comparatively quickly. Also, don't you think that if the FBI found something suspicious resulting from your name check, a couple of guys in black suits and sunglasses would pay you a visit?

The only work that the USCIS do is related to immigration, not criminal investigation and further background checks.

Vorpal,

they do.....go under the the USCIS Adjudication manual...

Let me walk you to a scenario that happens to a friend of mine in Atlanta.

X' person was going through immigration case processing I485 and the officer told him that his case was approved and he should expect to have his green card within days. It happened that he was at work one day and USCIS officer went to his house looking for him they questioned his wife and even made a threat to her ....as you can imagined when my friend got home he found his wife in tears they later revoke his green card and deported him..... he had passed background check interview and so on how do you explained that .... Later i discover that USCIS does process your case but even after they give you an approval they send cases for audit and so on .....My friend is now back in the US and is fighting back luckily they end up re -granting that green card thy took back ........my friend had been on processing for over 5 years and is the husband of a natural born usc

schandrag,

I agree with you. I still sustained that "subjectivity " is the tool USCIS uses to in a way mess with us. We are the one seeking citizenship and we are the one that have to proof the burden. That is why we have boards like this to keep us informed and up to date so we can fight back.

Vorpal,

Let me walk you to a scenario that happens to a friend of mine in Atlanta.

X' person was going through immigration case processing I485 and the officer told him that his case was approved and he should expect to have his green card within days. It happened that he was at work one day and USCIS officer went to his house looking for him they questioned his wife and even made a threat to her ....as you can imagined when my friend got home he found his wife in tears they later revoke his green card and deported him..... he had passed background check interview and so on how do you explained that .... Later i discover that USCIS does process your case but even after they give you an approval they send cases for audit and so on .....My friend is now back in the US and is fighting back luckily they end up re -granting that green card thy took back ........my friend had been on processing for over 5 years and is the husband of a natural born usc

Duly noted. However, was your friend deported due to criminal reasons or immigration reasons?

Please, all.

Let's all make one step back and stick to the original post. Someone is asking some ligitimate questions that concerns his/her upcoming interview. By answering or commenting that relates to the subject, will benefit not only the original poster, but also others in similar situation. If every posting isgoing to generat such heated argument, then, maybe it should be in its own thread to do so. Otherwise, the title of this thread will only mis-leading others who is here looking for useful information.

Just my 2 cents and take for what is worth.

Vorpal

Immigration reason.

In reality they sustained that my friend married his wife to gained benefits. USCIS officer failed to noticed his line of work. He is a pilot and spend numerous time away from home.