Received asylum GC from TSC

Just received my green card based on asylum approved more than 1yr ago.

See below for my timeline. Feel free to ask me anything. Always happy to help out members of this forum.

Congratulations for getting your green card.
Thank you for helping other members of this forum.

Did they ask you for interview for your I-485 ?

Hi , congratulations bigbonustoday ! can you please give me your time frame ?
My application still on "On January 21, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent" (TSC).

Hi , congratulations bigbonustoday ! can you please give me your time frame ?
My application still on "On January 21, 2016, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent" (TSC).

my online status said "accepted fingerprint fee" as yours does until last week. if everything goes well, you should receive your green card soon. see my detailed timeframe below.

Congratulations to bigbonustoday! Pls I applied in February 2016 and went for finger printing in March 2016, pls will I be called for interview soon and when? And when will I be eligible for EAD? Can you help with the questions?

@Teeboom why would you need to apply for EAD if you applied for green card? If you got asylum status you don't need to have EAD card and you are eligible to work.

@Teeboom why would you need to apply for EAD if you applied for green card? If you got asylum status you don't need to have EAD card and you are eligible to work.

i think he's saying that he put in an application for asylum but hasn't been approved yet.

But in any case, i'm not actually familiar with the EAD process when asylum is pending. pls repost as a new thread.

Hi Everyone,

I am about to submit my I-485 Application in the month of February 2017 and I live in Kansas area and wanted to submit the application by myself, but when I checked in the website it shows that the lock box in Arizona, so should we send the application to Arizona? if yes, should we choose USPS or UPS/Fedex/DHL?
Also, I have children is included in my application, I saw there is only $750 if children applying with the kids, I am not sure which one is correct and I don't want my application to be denied.
If any one on this forum have experience on this matter, please give me more information.

Thanks
Shyam Kumar

Hi Congratulations on the Green card. Your interview was in July but you were granted asylum in November. Normally they ask you to come back in 2 weeks. Did they mail the decision, is that why it took so long? I was told that the decision will be sent to the mail after I bring in additional documents . Thanks
Just received my green card based on asylum approved more than 1yr ago.

See below for my timeline. Feel free to ask me anything. Always happy to help out members of this forum.

Hi Congratulations on the Green card. Your interview was in July but you were granted asylum in November. Normally they ask you to come back in 2 weeks. Did they mail the decision, is that why it took so long? I was told that the decision will be sent to the mail after I bring in additional documents . Thanks

they mailed the decision to me. Yes you are right usually they ask you to come back in two weeks to pick up the decision. But in my case, I was actually in legal status when I applied for asylum so they thought it's ok to make me wait longer.

Hi all

I called USCIS NCSC: 1-800-375-5283 Yesterday regarding change of address and was able to get a 'live Person'. Then inquired about my case and they gave me the "guesstimated" processing time at uscis.gov which is "6 months" and ''Within normal processing time''. later in the day I got a text message from USCIS saying that my i-485 was updated on USCIS check my status. So I checked and it says New Card is being produced.

On November 14, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN#####, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Next steps:
We will notify you if your document cannot be produced and provide any instructions

Applied back in July 2017 to Nov 2017 [4 months 15 days]