Received a letter from FBI regarding Name Check

Friends,

I have had Infopass appointment this morning, I just wanted to update with you what happened at USCIS office today. Officer had informed that my file is in “transit” but case is pending. I have again asked when you guys take an action to get my file to move transit stage; she replied that this March it happened to move in transit. Again I have asked them what it means about “transit”, they replied that before going your case to be reviewed, it needs to be transited physically to an officer where he/she can process your file and take a decision, until to that stage your case status is pending.

Again I have asked what is the status in your system shows regarding my Name Check, she replied that your Name Check is still pending , then I have shown a letter which I have received from FBI that FBI has forwarded Name Check results to USCIS, then she said may be your Name Check status might not have been updated in our system, probably after USCIS received a letter from FBI , then they started moving your file to “transit” stage in the Month of March, the “transit” stage will take approximately 2-3 weeks.

Guys, please update me any one had this kind of experience with USCIS before?

Regards,
TXLCRIR

if i were u, i try to call TSC and open a serivce request and tell them that u got the fbi letter. they r the one who have ur file. at the infopass they can't do much. so just let the TSC know that ur name was cleared by fbi.

You will nor hear anything until ou are current. If your FP is expired you might get an appointment o renew your FP. It does take almost a month fo the information to enter into USCIS records. Be patient until the 7-10th of May and then approach the USCiS via an infopass.

I have not received any approval mails, I am still waiting to hear from USCIS

I have not received any approval mails, I am still waiting to hear from USCIS

ur PD is current. the only missing thing is a new notice for u for a new FP.did u hear back from uscis? what action u did lately? why don't u contact ur senator or congressman and let him open for u an inquiry with uscis?

also call TSC and open with them an inquiry. did u do this?

From your fbi letter...'The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washinton, D.C.'

Is this where the result supposed to be sent? Not TSC or NSC?

From your fbi letter...'The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washinton, D.C.'

Is this where the result supposed to be sent? Not TSC or NSC?

FBI Name Check results are sent to the USCIS HQ in DC after they're finalized by the feds. The cases are updated at HQ after processing and this information percolates down the system regardless of filing service center.

Hi All, I just faxed a letter to First Lady (to white house contact fax) 3weeks back. Is this OK or do I need to send a snail-mail?? please help

Hi All, I just faxed a letter to First Lady (to white house contact fax) 3weeks back. Is this OK or do I need to send a snail-mail?? please help

Hey nc_victim....

u can send signed letter and ur copies of I 485 recipts ..
i sent by mail to FL , next VP ...in Jan i got reply from both letters
saying they informed to FBI like that ...after no result ..i got one more letter
from VP .again stating ur got struck in NC ...they r going to inform ASAP.after 2 times LUD ....no message ...i'm going this week infopass
lets c:confused:

so u can send by mail also .
all the best

Hey nc_victim....

saying they informed to FBI like that ...after no result ..i got one more letter
from VP .again stating ur got struck in NC ...they r going to inform ASAP.after 2 times LUD ....no message ...i'm going this week infopass

all the best

it is not clear to me what u said.

1-are u saying u got back a reply from first lady office saying that they talked with FBI or what? what about VP?

2-when did u send exactly the letters to FL and VP?

3- from who u heard abck and when ?

4-did u hear back from fbi or USCIS? please explain what u got and from who.

5- what do the letters that u got back say?

Last edited by a moderator:
finaly my NC cleared

Hey nc_victim....

all the best

today went to infopass...same imm officer came again last time i saw that imm officer, after checking my status , he told my NC all cleared, i asked when it is clred date, he didn't mention the date ,he told recently...its on progress..check ur status online ..finally my NC cleared , i asked 2 to 3 times abt my NC , he told its cleared ..:D
may be happend after contacting FL , VP ,next Senators ...
its happend like that all credits goes to all who helped in this NC.
lets wait for approval .........???chk my signature updated...

today went to infopass...same imm officer came again last time i saw that imm officer, after checking my status , he told my NC all cleared, i asked when it is clred date, he didn't mention the date ,he told recently...its on progress..check ur status online ..finally my NC cleared , i asked 2 to 3 times abt my NC , he told its cleared ..:D
may be happend after contacting FL , VP ,next Senators ...
its happend like that all credits goes to all who helped in this NC.
lets wait for approval .........???chk my signature updated...

congrats on the clearance of ur name. u r al;most there now.

can u share some inforamtion about ur letter to first lady and VP?

2- when did u send exactly those letters to them?

3- did u her back from them and when exactly? and what they said?

4- what did u write in ur letter to them and what did u attach with it?

5- did u hear back from any agency after u sent ur letters to VP and FL?

please be clear on these questions bcs i'm goin through the same process with the FL AND VP and i need output from ur experience.

antonioa77

Hi antonioa77

Are you some sort of nut case ? You are asking the same question, again and again, and you did the same to me. The answer is the same doesn't matter how many times you ask. Many people in this forum have contacted the Senator, Congressman, First Lady etc. Format of the letter is available in this forum, and I am sure you have a copy.

I can only think of two possible things,
1. You are a total nut case and dont bother to do any research OR
2. You get a kick out of asking the same questions

Please dont waste others time

Hi antonioa77

Are you some sort of nut case ? You are asking the same question, again and again, and you did the same to me. The answer is the same doesn't matter how many times you ask. Many people in this forum have contacted the Senator, Congressman, First Lady etc. Format of the letter is available in this forum, and I am sure you have a copy.

I can only think of two possible things,
1. You are a total nut case and dont bother to do any research OR
2. You get a kick out of asking the same questions

Please dont waste others time

listen, i have an urgent case this is why i ask those questions. so please if u don't like my questions, just disregard them. thanks.

antoniao77

Quote antoniao77..."please be clear on these questions bcs i'm goin through the same process with the FL AND VP and i need output from ur experience"

...Not sure if anyone would care what you are going through, especially with that sort of language. Learn to be polite. There is no magic formula, you just do what is most appropriate for your case and hope for the best. I think you are wasting your time (and everyone else's) trying to analyse silly details. All I can say is to get cracking with your letters before they shut down the "first lady" avenue as well. I heard on other forums that FBI has started responding in the negative to these letters.

Friends,

As I have been updating my status , here it is one more update, Can you please share your expeirance after this stage.

After I have had infopass appointment, , right after next day , I have opened service request by calling 1 800 number and opened service request.

Today I have received following response from USCIS.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or
notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

Could you please share your experiances , did any one get approval in time after this message ? If they get how many days it will take to approve since I am in very edge of expiring my finger prints,

How many months finger prints are valid ? I have had finger print on Nov 17 2005.

I appreciate you sharing your experiances
Regards,
TXLCRIR

Friends,

As I have been updating my status , here it is one more update, Can you please share your expeirance after this stage.

After I have had infopass appointment, , right after next day , I have opened service request by calling 1 800 number and opened service request.

Could you please share your experiances , did any one get approval in time after this message ? If they get how many days it will take to approve since I am in very edge of expiring my finger prints,

How many months finger prints are valid ? I have had finger print on Nov 17 2005.

Regards,
TXLCRIR

hey is ur NC is cleared ....???

Friends,

Regards,
TXLCRIR

I think it is a good sign, although I have no experience with that. I got the letter from local congressman's office saying my name check cleared in march, but still pending so far. I also placed a service request two weeks ago, no reply. Please let us know when you hear something. I have the feeling that TSC is slowing down significantly recently. I cannot recall any approval for at least a week.

:) I had the same letter... here in CT, my name check was done 3/2/07 and the First Lady sent letter to the Feds. I got my stamp today and I m waiting for the physical green card. Check my signature...

Hey Colonel,

How many days it did take for your case to approve after you recieved a letter from USCIS ("File is under review"). I am very close that my FP would expired on May 17th. I dont know if FP is blocking issue then waiting period is big sucks, I have been waiting since 1610 days 4 years 5 months

Hey GC_Sankar,

According to FBI letter to me, my NC cleared on Jan 31 2007.

Regards,
TXLCRIR