Received a letter from FBI regarding Name Check

TXLCRIR

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I have received a mail from Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation regarding a mail which I sent to Mrs. Laura Bush asking her help to resolve my Name check pending with FBI. Here is the mail content. Please let me know what does it mean? Does it mean FBI cleared my name check pending or something else? If FBI cleared pending name check, then how long does it take to get Green Card from USCIS?

Dear Mr. XXX:

Your letter dated November 11, 2006, directed to Mrs. George W. Bush
concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the
Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your
request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
on October 7, 2005. This submission was processed and finalised on January 24, 2007.
The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washinton, D.C.

I trust this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX
Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

It means you name check is complete. The FBI forwarded the results to USCIS and they will make a decision. Not sur ehow long it will take, but it shoudl not be too long.

Congratulations! Your battle is all but won.

Friends,

I have received a mail from Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation regarding a mail which I sent to Mrs. Laura Bush asking her help to resolve my Name check pending with FBI. Here is the mail content. Please let me know what does it mean? Does it mean FBI cleared my name check pending or something else? If FBI cleared pending name check, then how long does it take to get Green Card from USCIS?

Dear Mr. XXX:

concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the
Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) for reply.

request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
on October 7, 2005. This submission was processed and finalised on January 24, 2007.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX
Section Chief

Hi TXLCRIR ,

Can you tell me please , when did you send the letter to the First Lady , and how long it took from there to get the answer to your inquery ???? I'm asking because i did that last month also and i did not have a response yet !!! I apreciate your imput here !!!:)

Regards,
ghebauer

Friends,

Dear Mr. XXX:

(FBI) for reply.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX
Section Chief

Hey Ghebauer,

I have sent a mail to first lady on Nov 11 and I have got response on Jan 31st. Jan 1st week I have requested Seattle Senetor to help me out also. First Lady mail triggered out.

My suggestions to you all is read this forum completely patiently and come to a decision based on forum responses.
Regards,
TXLCRIR

Congratulations on completing your name check. I am also planning to write to the First Lady. Do you have the format/template of the letter that I can use.

Also, to what address did you write to?

Thanks

Your Name, Date here
Your address,
City, State, ZipCode.

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

My name is xxxxxxx live in xxxxx, XX. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly 1 year 6 months now. Traditionally the process takes maximum little over six months. Here with I am giving more details

/* Here Write about your hard feelings regarding your story since you came to USA and why you need green card blah blah…story should be like heart melting  */

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances of Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
xxxxxxxxxxx

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: INDIA
Citizenship: INDIA
Current Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanx dude!

Thanx dude!

Your Name, Date here
Your address,
City, State, ZipCode.

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

My name is xxxxxxx live in xxxxx, XX. I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly 1 year 6 months now. Traditionally the process takes maximum little over six months. Here with I am giving more details

/* Here Write about your hard feelings regarding your story since you came to USA and why you need green card blah blah…story should be like heart melting  */

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances of Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
xxxxxxxxxxx

Name:xxxxxxxxxxxxx
A#: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Place/Country of Birth: INDIA
Citizenship: INDIA
Current Address : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Ghebauer,

I have sent a mail to first lady on Nov 11 and I have got response on Jan 31st. Jan 1st week I have requested Seattle Senetor to help me out also. First Lady mail triggered out.

My suggestions to you all is read this forum completely patiently and come to a decision based on forum responses.
Regards,
TXLCRIR

congrats,

1-so u sent the mail to mrs bush in nov 11 by regular mail right?

2-did u sent any attachment with ur letter? like FOIPA , I485 receipt...?

3-u said that u got a letter back from fist lady on janu 31, what does it say and when it was issued?

4-do u have any idea when the first lady office processed ur request?

5-what is the date of the fbi letter and when it was sent to u?

thanks.

Dear Antonia77,

ans : Certified mail with acknowledgment

Ans :No I did not attach any FOIPA , but attached I-485 receipt

3-u said that u got a letter back from fist lady on janu 31, what does it say and when it was issued?

Ans : On Jan 31st itself I got mail from Department of Justice FBI saying current thread first content only.

Ans : First lady office did not process , they forward to Department of Justice which inturns forwarded to FBI , eventually FBI taken care of it.

Ans : Jan 31st.

Dear Antonia77,

ans : Certified mail with acknowledgment

Ans :No I did not attach any FOIPA , but attached I-485 receipt

Ans : On Jan 31st itself I got mail from Department of Justice FBI saying current thread first content only.

Ans : First lady office did not process , they forward to Department of Justice which inturns forwarded to FBI , eventually FBI taken care of it.

Ans : Jan 31st.

i don't understand . the letter that u got on january 31 is from fbi or first lady? what does the letter says that u got on janu 31?

i thought that u got the letter that u attached before, is from fbi when u got that letter on march 3 or janu 31? i'm confused. please clarify.

I just got only one letter from FBI which tells the story ..but I did not get any mail from First Lady, please read completely.

I just got only one letter from FBI which tells the story ..but I did not get any mail from First Lady, please read completely.

the confusion that i have is that when u received the letter from fbi that says that ur namecheck results were finalised and sent to the USCIS? is it on 31 january or march 2(the day that u put ur posting in this forum)? this is the source of my confusion.

in other words, did ur namecheck clearance (from the day u sent ur letter till u knew that ur namecheck got cleared) took 80 days (nov11 to janur 31) or around 4 months (nov 11 to march 2)?

Last edited by a moderator:

If your NC was cleared on 24 Jan, Did you see any LUD in that date or week. I am trying to findout if USICS at least touch our files after receiving NC clear (That might explain ppl with LUD but no message change)

Thanks

I have recieved a letter from FBI on Jan 31st and I was on vacation for one month , three days back I got a chance to see my mails. so I put it on this forum. btw : There were no LUDs on 485 cases,

I spoke with USCIS customer service about current stage, they have asked me to take Infopass appointment.

so, I have taken Infopass appointment to talk to immigration officer about my situation. I will post the updates ..

Any suggestions from this forum for tomorrow Infopass appointment ?

Thanks

TXLRIR,

I can only think of FP Notice...You might be getting one soon in mail...since your namecheck has cleared and FP expired......
Keep an eye out for FP Notice

I have recieved a letter from FBI on Jan 31st and I was on vacation for one month , three days back I got a chance to see my mails. so I put it on this forum. btw : There were no LUDs on 485 cases,

I spoke with USCIS customer service about current stage, they have asked me to take Infopass appointment.

so, I have taken Infopass appointment to talk to immigration officer about my situation. I will post the updates ..

Any suggestions from this forum for tomorrow Infopass appointment ?

Thanks

I appreciate ur clarification. now it is clear to me. try to involve ur congressman or senaotr with uscis in order to work on ur i485.

Friends,

I have had Infopass appointment this morning, I just wanted to update with you what happened at USCIS office today. Officer had informed that my file is in “transit” but case is pending. I have again asked when you guys take an action to get my file to move transit stage; she replied that this March it happened to move in transit. Again I have asked them what it means about “transit”, they replied that before going your case to be reviewed, it needs to be transited physically to an officer where he/she can process your file and take a decision, until to that stage your case status is pending.

Again I have asked what is the status in your system shows regarding my Name Check, she replied that your Name Check is still pending , then I have shown a letter which I have received from FBI that FBI has forwarded Name Check results to USCIS, then she said may be your Name Check status might not have been updated in our system, probably after USCIS received a letter from FBI , then they started moving your file to “transit” stage in the Month of March, the “transit” stage will take approximately 2-3 weeks.

Guys, please update me any one had this kind of experience with USCIS before?

Regards,
TXLCRIR

Second code 3 fingerprint

TXLRIR,

I can only think of FP Notice...You might be getting one soon in mail...since your namecheck has cleared and FP expired......
Keep an eye out for FP Notice

Filed for I -485 in August 2005. Had first code 3 fingerprint in Oct 2005. Name check was pending for a long time. Filed WOM in Feb 6, 2007. Received a second code 3 fingerprint appointment. Will have it done next week. Does any one know how long it takes the I-485 to get approved after second fingerprint? I am FED UPPPPPPPPPPP.

Thanks