Received 45 day letter from BEC for NEWJERSEY

NJ 45-day letter received

I just got an e-mail from my lawyer that they received the 45-day labor continuation letter from BEC.

My NJ Labor PD is 1/25/03
RIR - Most likely EB3.

I have posted this info on the Philly BEC thread, but it appears like some has already copied my posting info on this thread.

This is what my lawyer sent to me

"This email is being sent to inform you about a notice received from the U.S. Department of Labor Backlog Processing Center for your Labor Certification Application. The received cases are:

<benificiary name> - <sponsoring company name> ETA Case Number P-05130-027xx"

I will try to get some more information on what the actual contents of the BEC notice was.

gcforwhat said:
Hi
i am from NJ and my PD is 8/2002
I got email from state that my case has moved to Philly BEC on 13th jan '05.
No 45 days letter yet.
Hope this helps

Guys,

My LCA was filed on 10/28/2002. I haven't heared anything regarding 45 day letter. So I wrote to Governor's office and received a letter from Department of Labor that my application was received on 10/28/2002 with a case number from NJ state and it was forwarded to BEC on January 10, 2005. However the letter says BEC will issue a new case number.
Details
State: NJ
Non-RIR

Hi,
My company has two cases pending in NJ. Both are RIR. One was filed in August 2002 and the second, November 2003. The second one was transfered to Philly BPC in Feb. 2005, but as yet, no 45-day letter. We don't know where the first one is. I called the Backlog center, but they can't tell you anything.

Senator Corzine's Immigration staff response

Thank you for contacting my office in your effort to resolve the difficulties that you have experienced with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (U.S.C.I.S.) and the United States Department of Labor. I share your frustration and I am happy to assist you in any way possible.

My Deputy Director of Immigration contacted U.S.C.I.S. and the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center (B.L.P.) on your behalf. She was advised that B.L.P. is unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications at this time.

All the Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case Identification Number.

Please be advised that B.L.P. may request additional information from your employer. If you are seeking a status update or information on your case, you must contact your employer or attorney. For frequently asked questions and status inquiries, you may visit the following internet address: http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp. To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website: www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp.

It is my pleasure to have been of assistance to you and I hope this matter is resolved successfully. Please do not hesitate to contact my Newark office by email at immigration@corzine.senate.gov or by phone at (973) 645-3030 with any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

JON S. CORZINE

United States Senator

Got the 45 days-letter

My PD is October 2002. My attorney just told me that they have received the 45 days letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. Somehow it does not make me feel any good since I've waited too long...long enough for me to loose hope. I cannot help to think that it's just the beginning of another long long time waiting.... Anyway, hope this message would help.

Good news! But to measure with a pinch of salt, I hope you did not ask for any labor certification pending status confirmation request with respect to a h1b 7th year processing. In that case, we all could be more hopeful of receiving letters!

NJ Oct02-PD said:
My PD is October 2002. My attorney just told me that they have received the 45 days letter from the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. Somehow it does not make me feel any good since I've waited too long...long enough for me to loose hope. I cannot help to think that it's just the beginning of another long long time waiting.... Anyway, hope this message would help.

Nothing for me yet

diamond202 said:
Good news! But to measure with a pinch of salt, I hope you did not ask for any labor certification pending status confirmation request with respect to a h1b 7th year processing. In that case, we all could be more hopeful of receiving letters!

Have not received anything yet.

NJ PD June 25'02.

If there was no correction list that came with the 45-days letter, does it mean that there was no big problem and I will just need to wait until the result comes out, either LC granted or rejected. Or, the 45-days letter only meant that the BPC just opened my case and just wanted to make sure that I am still “exist”. After they got the answer from my attorney or company, they will then start to proceed the process.

Anyone who has got the 45-days letter plus correction list please share your experience. Thanks.

By the way, mine was a EB-2 RIR case and my PD was Oct. 2002.

Any new updates from NJ

NJ Oct02-PD said:
If there was no correction list that came with the 45-days letter, does it mean that there was no big problem and I will just need to wait until the result comes out, either LC granted or rejected. Or, the 45-days letter only meant that the BPC just opened my case and just wanted to make sure that I am still “exist”. After they got the answer from my attorney or company, they will then start to proceed the process.

Anyone who has got the 45-days letter plus correction list please share your experience. Thanks.

Seems like there are approvals from NJ but they are not being posted on this forum. Please do so if you received anything from Philly. Thanks. :(

Yes, I agree. Let's get started sharing our experience.

My case:

PD: Mid Oct, 2002
RIR-EB2
45 days letter received: Mid June, 2005
Responsed: Same day when 45 days letter arrived
Still waiting for the result....

NJ Oct02-PD, did you get the approval yet?

"NJ Oct02-PD" - About a month back, you wrote that you had received (and responded to) the 45 day letter. Did you get the LC approval yet? I am trying to figure out how long the Phili BEC is taking to approve after sending the 45 day letter.

My status -

PD - March 2003
Regular (non-RIR)
Place - New Jersey
No 45 day letter received yet

Folks, any new updates/status? Any 45 day letters received other than the one received by "NJ Oct02-PD"?

No FIFO?

How come someone from Oct 2002 has received the 45 day letter; but not someone from Aug 2002?

Looks like the NJ cases are not being treated as FIFO at the Philly BEC.

NJ Oct02-PD said:

I don't think correction list means that they are processing the case.
My PD is Nov 2002 no BEC letter yet.

No, I have not heard a thing yet.

labor_headache said:
"NJ Oct02-PD" - About a month back, you wrote that you had received (and responded to) the 45 day letter. Did you get the LC approval yet? I am trying to figure out how long the Phili BEC is taking to approve after sending the 45 day letter.

My status -

PD - March 2003
Regular (non-RIR)
Place - New Jersey
No 45 day letter received yet

Folks, any new updates/status? Any 45 day letters received other than the one received by "NJ Oct02-PD"?

yes, it's been one month...anyhow I did not expect that it's going to be that quick. My personal thought about the best scenairo about my case is:

I will need to wait for another 5 months to get my LC certified. ( In other words, I am hoping RIR-EB2 applicants in NJ shall get their LC cleared around 6 months after receiving 45 days-letter.)

Then hopefully I will get my I 140 approval in around 4 months.

Then I can go back to my home town to do CP (councilor processing)

So by next Summer I will get my green card when I come back to the US (finger cross)...

By the way, anyone who's in NJ welcome to e-mail me to discuss our experience. carbwell@yahoo.com

NJ Oct02-PD said:
yes, it's been one month...anyhow I did not expect that it's going to be that quick. My personal thought about the best scenairo about my case is:

I will need to wait for another 5 months to get my LC certified. ( In other words, I am hoping RIR-EB2 applicants in NJ shall get their LC cleared around 6 months after receiving 45 days-letter.)

Then hopefully I will get my I 140 approval in around 4 months.

Then I can go back to my home town to do CP (councilor processing)

So by next Summer I will get my green card when I come back to the US (finger cross)...

By the way, anyone who's in NJ welcome to e-mail me to discuss our experience. carbwell@yahoo.com

Hey just so that you know, My friend got his I140 approved in 15 days and got his 485 in 3 months - this is from NJ. His case RIR EB3.
I am not saying that the same will happen to you - but just making you aware.

Please keep us updated on your case. Thanks

bsnf said:
Hey just so that you know, My friend got his I140 approved in 15 days and got his 485 in 3 months - this is from NJ. His case RIR EB3.
I am not saying that the same will happen to you - but just making you aware.

Please keep us updated on your case. Thanks
When the I-485 and I-140 steps are going so fast for NJ, then why are people not considering re-applying through PERM?

PERM maybe not a good way to go...

labor_headache said:
When the I-485 and I-140 steps are going so fast for NJ, then why are people not considering re-applying through PERM?

Guys, you know what? I know we all stuck in the same situation. However, I think we are actually the lucky ones since our cases were before PERM kicking in. PERM seems to be a fast way ...well.. to be rejected very quick. I know there are people out there got their approval so quick through PERM. Somehow majority of my friends applying through PERM got rejected so quick. For example, I have a friend who's holding a PH.D degree and couple of years work experience. She applied through PERM and got turned down just in one day. She and I have exactly the same background but the only difference was she used PERM but I was using RIR. I am not saying that PERM is not a solution, but just the way I have been seeing it like this. By the way, I am on 7yr H-1B extention so anyhow I don't have the stage for me to play with PERM.

labor_headache said:

PERM is very dicey right now, my wife's application got rejected right away - still waiting to find out the reason for rejection.