Received 45 day letter from BEC for NEWJERSEY

I am new to this forum.

My status -

PD - Sep 2002
RIR,EB2
SWA - New Jersey
Federal - Never made
No 45 day letter received yet

Folks, any 45 day letters received other than the one received by "NJ Oct02-PD"?

Check your attorney

I would suggest you to check with your attorney. Just ask him/her if they have also received other 45 days letters. Make sure your case was really delivered to NJ DOL 3 years ago. Both my attorney and employer received the 45 days letters and replied at no time. I will keep updated news about my case. Good luck!

NJ Oct02-PD said:
Guys, you know what? I know we all stuck in the same situation. However, I think we are actually the lucky ones since our cases were before PERM kicking in. PERM seems to be a fast way ...well.. to be rejected very quick. I know there are people out there got their approval so quick through PERM. Somehow majority of my friends applying through PERM got rejected so quick. For example, I have a friend who's holding a PH.D degree and couple of years work experience. She applied through PERM and got turned down just in one day. She and I have exactly the same background but the only difference was she used PERM but I was using RIR. I am not saying that PERM is not a solution, but just the way I have been seeing it like this. By the way, I am on 7yr H-1B extention so anyhow I don't have the stage for me to play with PERM.
Every new process has setbacks. PERM has its own problems which will be corrected as time goes on. If you havent heard, they have made some changes to the 'decision logic' and they are going to reprocess all cases failed before June 24, 2005. So, if you friend's case was rejected before June 24, 2005 - it will be reprocessed and she may get a approval out of the blue.

How come ?

When did your friend get the 485 cleared ? I guess with EB3 retrogression anyways all of us have to wait for a looooooong time. No 45 day letter for me yet but I have received my temporary ETA# after requesting it for 7th year extension.

bsnf said:
Hey just so that you know, My friend got his I140 approved in 15 days and got his 485 in 3 months - this is from NJ. His case RIR EB3.
I am not saying that the same will happen to you - but just making you aware.

Please keep us updated on your case. Thanks

NJ Oct02-PD said:
I would suggest you to check with your attorney. Just ask him/her if they have also received other 45 days letters. Make sure your case was really delivered to NJ DOL 3 years ago. Both my attorney and employer received the 45 days letters and replied at no time. I will keep updated news about my case. Good luck!

I have a case number from NJ.There are several people on this forum, who have applied from NJ during my time period and have not yet recieved 45 day letter.

I am not sure what is happenning here.

Screen shot for H1-B extension

Here is the screen shot I got from Philly Backlog today. Wonder why they have not entered RIR applications from NJ. The last time I checked, NJ stopped processing May 2002 RIR (October 2004) before they transferred all RIR files to Philly. Until now, it has not moved. FYI, Case status incomplete = data entry not completed yet.

NJ RIR June 2002
No 45 day letter????? :mad:

ETA Case Number: T-05143-XXXXX Priority Date: 06/25/2002
Processing Type: RIR Case Source: State
Employer Name: XXX Business Activity:
Occupation Title: Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay: Prevailing Wage:
Alien Name: xxx Visa Type: H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship: Data Entry Assigned To:
Case Received Date: 06/25/2002 Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
Case Status: Incomplete

Follow up about Temporary number assigned

Just got off the phone with a very insightful staff of Philly backlog Center. FYI, the T-05143-XXXXX will change to P--05143-XXXXX once my information is fully entered in the system. My numbers will stay the same and just the letter T will be replaced with P. Hope this helps.

NJ June 2002 RIR
No 45 day letter yet :mad:

aycy said:
Here is the screen shot I got from Philly Backlog today. Wonder why they have not entered RIR applications from NJ. The last time I checked, NJ stopped processing May 2002 RIR (October 2004) before they transferred all RIR files to Philly. Until now, it has not moved. FYI, Case status incomplete = data entry not completed yet.

NJ RIR June 2002
No 45 day letter????? :mad:

Employer Name: XXX Business Activity:
Alien Name: xxx Visa Type: H-1B
Case Received Date: 06/25/2002 Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center

How will I know ?

How will one come to know that his/her case no. has been changed from T to P ? Do we have to send out a mail again to PBEC or does the name change initiate a 45 day letter ??

aycy said:
Just got off the phone with a very insightful staff of Philly backlog Center. FYI, the T-05143-XXXXX will change to P--05143-XXXXX once my information is fully entered in the system. My numbers will stay the same and just the letter T will be replaced with P. Hope this helps.

NJ June 2002 RIR
No 45 day letter yet :mad:

Letter P follow up

Future enquiries about the T#### can only be made via HR/agent/lawyer. Unfortunately, there is no way we would know when the T will be changed to P. I would ask your HR/lawyer to enquire using the T### that you were assigned by the Philly backlog center. I was told that I could not enquire any further beyond getting a T###. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
aycy said:
Future enquiries about the T#### can only be made via HR/agent/lawyer. Unfortunately, there is no way we would know when the T will be changed to P. I would ask your HR/lawyer to enquire using the T### that you were assigned by the Philly backlog center. I was told that I could not enquire any further beyond getting a T###. Hope this helps.

How did you get the T### number? Is there an email address where I can ask for this number ?

Obtain T### for H1-B extension only

RJ_NJ2002 said:
How did you get the T### number? Is there an email address where I can ask for this number ?
The T### can be obtained for the purpose of getting a H1-B Visa Extensions. Below is the infor taken from dol website.

DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

Hi, aycy, just comparing your T-number (which you mentioned that it will change into a P-number) to my P-number, I think you are going to get your 45 days letter soon. I got mine around more than one month ago and my number was just something earlier than yours. I am also from NJ and have similar situation as yours.

By the way, did you just e-mail the PBLC for your 7th yr H-1B extension all by yourself? Or did you ask your attorney doing it? I may need to extend mine again four or five months later. Thanks in advance for your response. ;-)

aycy said:
The T### can be obtained for the purpose of getting a H1-B Visa Extensions. Below is the infor taken from dol website.

DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known).

The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1-B extension follow up

NJ Oct02-PD said:
Hi, aycy, just comparing your T-number (which you mentioned that it will change into a P-number) to my P-number, I think you are going to get your 45 days letter soon. I got mine around more than one month ago and my number was just something earlier than yours. I am also from NJ and have similar situation as yours.

By the way, did you just e-mail the PBLC for your 7th yr H-1B extension all by yourself? Or did you ask your attorney doing it? I may need to extend mine again four or five months later. Thanks in advance for your response. ;-)

I emailed to Philly H1-B extension directly. Did not request my agent/HR to do so. They emailed the screen shot to me. How long did you wait for your 45 day letter after getting the T## (screen shot)? By the way, could you attach your 45 day letter? Just take out all your personal info. Thanks and I will update as I hear more stuffs from Philly. :D

NJ June RIR 2002
T-05143-XXXXX (Received July 21, 2005)
No 45 day letter yet

Sorry I don't have a copy. My boss showed it to me and then she signed and sent it out right away.

By the way, how long did it take to get the screen shot after you e-mailed them. And, what did you say in the e-mail?

aycy said:
I emailed to Philly H1-B extension directly. Did not request my agent/HR to do so. They emailed the screen shot to me. How long did you wait for your 45 day letter after getting the T## (screen shot)? By the way, could you attach your 45 day letter? Just take out all your personal info. Thanks and I will update as I hear more stuffs from Philly. :D

NJ June RIR 2002
T-05143-XXXXX (Received July 21, 2005)
No 45 day letter yet

Screen shot respond H1-B extension

NJ Oct02-PD said:
Sorry I don't have a copy. My boss showed it to me and then she signed and sent it out right away.

By the way, how long did it take to get the screen shot after you e-mailed them. And, what did you say in the e-mail?
It took them more than a week to send the screen shot to me. Below is the info from the screen shot. Hope this helps.

July 22, 2005

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the pending Application for Alien Employment Certification. Enclosed is a screen shot showing the Employer, the alien, and the date of acceptance for processing (priority date). The application is awaiting processing.

Employer Name: XXXXX Business Activity:
Alien Name: XXXX Visa Type: H-1B

Current processing information can be obtained by visiting our website at http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign.

Sincerely,

STEPHEN W. STEFANKO
Certifying Officer

aycy
NJ RIR June 2002
EB2
T-05143-XXXXX (July 22, 2005)
No 45 day letter yet :(

By the way, I did not apply for a screen shot. I got the 45 days letter directly and the number was P-05122-XXXXX. According other people's experience, I wish that I will get my LC certified by Holloween.....while it only took my friend two weeks to get it certified in only two weeks via PERM. What a not-fair game...

Can anybody explain why Philly BEC is not sending a 45 day letter as soon as they assign T- number to the case?

Immigration system is practicing unfair system by allowing PERM people to go ahead in the queue without addressing people , who are waiting to clear labor for more than 4 years. Time and again USA has proved that, they have a very worst immigration system.

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Can anybody explain why Philly BEC is not sending a 45 day letter as soon as they assign T- number to the case?

Immigration system is practicing unfair system by allowing PERM people to go ahead in the queue without addressing people , who are waiting to clear labor for more than 4 years. Time and again USA has proved that, they have a very worst immigration system.
T-XXXXX case is means data entry is not complete yet (only partial) - so that they can mail out labor pending letter for 7th year extension.
They dont send out 45 day letter for cases for which data entry is incomplete.
Only after data entry is complete and the T-Number changes to P-Number, they will send out the 45 day letter.

justdoit said:
T-XXXXX case is means data entry is not complete yet (only partial) - so that they can mail out labor pending letter for 7th year extension.
They dont send out 45 day letter for cases for which data entry is incomplete.
Only after data entry is complete and the T-Number changes to P-Number, they will send out the 45 day letter.

Is FIFO is based on a T- number or P- number ? How long it is taking to convert from T to P ? Why are they not completing data entry in the sequence 2001,2002,2003, 2004 ?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
Is FIFO is based on a T- number or P- number ? How long it is taking to convert from T to P ? Why are they not completing data entry in the sequence 2001,2002,2003, 2004 ?
The Phila BEC may better answer that -
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600