recd notice for fingerprinting again

Went to the ASC earlier today at the original scheduled time (12:00 PM). Showed them the original notice, no one asked any questions so just went through the process and did the FP (code 3). Had planned on disclosing the second notice, but by the time we reached the reception we had already been there for over an hour, so we decided to go on unless someone points it out.

As the other post mentioned, this was our first FP so this experience is of little help for folks who hv received a second notice. For people like me, at least you know you won't be turned back if you showed up at the original appointment time ( even though our second notice clearly said they won't take our FP if we showed up at 12 today)

...and so the plot thickens....

Thanks

Thanks for the update Mickey_32. kabbu is before me but we are just two hours apart. I guess we will go this friday and find out. I kind of have an idea of whats going to happen. The ASC will have no idea about the new notices and will probably take the FPs again. No one has any idea whats going on here. My lawyer was going to find out whats happening but I have not heard from her since last week.

saras

Guys, I don't think I need to do the FPs again.

Got emails just now about the GC approval. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Proof that the notices have been sent in error

Congrats Summit. I guess this kind of proves that the notices have been randomly sent to everyone. Your cases would never have been approved if there was something wrong with the FPs.

saras

saras76 said:
Congrats Summit. I guess this kind of proves that the notices have been randomly sent to everyone. Your cases would never have been approved if there was something wrong with the FPs.

saras

This is what I was hoping for - getting approval before the Re-print date.
Thanks everybody for keeing eachother informed.

FP notice seems to be an error. It is good to know that. Thanks for your writing Micky_32. Congrats to Summit. Enjoy the freedom!
Lets us keep our hope high!

I am still going to go there

Guys,

Although there is ample proof that the notices were in error, I will go to the ASC on Friday and have them sign the new notice stating that the FPs have already been done. I really do not want to take any chances with these fools.

saras

Saras76,
Can you please update what was the response from ASC once you go today to ASC which will help me as my reschedule is for tomorrow @7pm.

Thanks,
CHR.

saras76 said:
Guys,

Although there is ample proof that the notices were in error, I will go to the ASC on Friday and have them sign the new notice stating that the FPs have already been done. I really do not want to take any chances with these fools.

saras

Hi guys,

had gone to ASC - there the person took my dics inside in a room and showed it to someone and said that we do not require to do the FP again, so this was all a false alarm -

chr said:
Saras76,
Can you please update what was the response from ASC once you go today to ASC which will help me as my reschedule is for tomorrow @7pm.

Thanks,
CHR.

Fasle Alarm

guys,

We went to the office and they told us to disregard the notice since FP had already been done. So like Kabbu said, its a false alarm.

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd FP notice in 3 months...

Hey there:

Here is my details for a similar goof up from NSC.

My 140 and 485 were concurrently filed at NSC (Dec 2004)

My wife and I received the Fingerprinting notice on Jan 17 2005. We got that done on Jan 28, 2005. Today (May 7) we received another Fingerprinting notice that says "to capture your Biometrics Information". I do not remember what the previous Notice said exactly. This notice says Code 2. Do not remember the first one. Will confirm with lawyer.

Doid you hear from anyone whats going on? Does this mean that the first set of Fingerprints were not good enough?? Could someone re-post the FBI number and the process to find this out.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashu

Fbi

ashutoshbhatia,

I have heard recently that the FBI has stopped confirming receipt of FP. I may be wrong. If you want the number then just do a search on this forum and you will find it.

Regarding a second FP notice. My wife had done her first FP (code 1) in Feb 05 and in March she got an RFE along with another FP notice with (code 3). She went and got that done. What I have heard is that Service Centers are sending out code 3 (FP + Bio) or code 2 (Bio) for a lot of people that have just gotten a code 1 (just FP) done. The Biometric information is a digital picture, FP of index finger and a digital signature. This process is usually done after approval during the PP stamping stage. In order to be able to send out the GC to everyone immediately after approval rather than wait for the Bio that is currently captured during PP stamping, the Service centers are now taking the Bio information along with FP.

So do not worry, go ahead and get the Bio done.

Hope I have not confused you.

regards,

saras76

FBI information

ashutoshbhatia,
Here is the FBI information.
FBI can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406. They are
located in West Virginia and it is the same number for whole of US. If the representative comes to the phone, he/can tell you about your case immediately or no one picks the phone, you may leave the message giving your spelled out name, contact phone number and Alien Number, (also called 'A' number. This is number is in the I-485 receipt notice and also in the Finger Print notice).

ashutoshbhatia said:
Hey there:

Here is my details for a similar goof up from NSC.

My 140 and 485 were concurrently filed at NSC (Dec 2004)

My wife and I received the Fingerprinting notice on Jan 17 2005. We got that done on Jan 28, 2005. Today (May 7) we received another Fingerprinting notice that says "to capture your Biometrics Information". I do not remember what the previous Notice said exactly. This notice says Code 2. Do not remember the first one. Will confirm with lawyer.

Doid you hear from anyone whats going on? Does this mean that the first set of Fingerprints were not good enough?? Could someone re-post the FBI number and the process to find this out.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashu

I went to USCIS office they checked the Notices and they verified the previous FP details and they said to Ignore the rechedule notice.

CHR.

saras76 said:
guys,

We went to the office and they told us to disregard the notice since FP had already been done. So like Kabbu said, its a false alarm.

saras

Chr,
So when did you go there? I plan to go tomorrow. It was scheduled at 11:00AM and then rescheduled at 6:00PM.
Thanks.

ATL10Again,
Mine was rescheduled on 7th at 7pm and I went there around 7:10pm.
You can go before only and re confirm with the them. You need to take
earlier notice and reschedule notice.
Good luck.
Chr.

ATL10Again said:
Chr,
So when did you go there? I plan to go tomorrow. It was scheduled at 11:00AM and then rescheduled at 6:00PM.
Thanks.

I went to do FP late afternoon yesterday and things went well. I did not mention the second notice. The LUD changed on both I485 cases today. They gave me back my original notices. I remember a while back someone said that they took the original notices.

Thanks.