recd notice for fingerprinting again

kabbu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

we recd fp notice in march and did advance fp in late march, yday we got letters from VSC (Our case is in TSC) changing the timing of original FP date, called up help line - lady told me to tear that letter as we have already done FP, do forummembers have been in such situation

pl let me know

Same here

kabbu,

By now almost every strange thing that has to happen has happened to my case. Needless to say this stupid thing happened to my wifes case. She did her early FP and last week got a letter from VSC regarding change in time for her FP. I am going to call the lady today and see what is going on.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the letters for changing the FP timing too. It is re-scheduled to 6:00pm May 10, 2005.
Anyboday had the same time? Don't they close at 4:00pm?

I am from Atlanta.

Thanks.
eb2
PD AUg 2001
140/485 rd 07/04
140 ad 01/05
485 ad ??

Rescheduled Second FP

We had ours scheduled for 2 PM on 05/03 and now it has been moved to 8 PM from VSC.

We got a letter from VSC changing our FP time at Atlanta ASC from 12 PM to 8 PM. I thought they closed at 4 pm too.

I received FP notice again yesterday (document looked like just a letter. didnot look like the official document usually sent by USCIS). This time the code is changed to "Code 2". and the timing is changed from 11:00AM to 5PM.

I have already done my FP (early done) though.

Will call my lawyer and find out if he is aware of anything.

There is one thing common in all of you?

All of you are from ATLANTA,, your fp could be lost or there could be a million reasons..

I am NC just a thought.

It seems like some computer glitch !!

Guys,

These notices are crazy. There are glaring errors on it -

1. Why is it from VSC when all of us are from TSC?

2. Why have a lot of us been asked to show up at 5 PM and 8 PM when the office actually closes at 4 PM?

3. Most of us have completed our FPs already so why this letter now. (I even called the FBI and confirmed that the FP results have been forawarded to TSC).

I personally feel that this is some computer glitch. Letters have been sent out by mistake to a lot of people. Can't be sure though. At this point I am not sure what we have to do. I have contacted my lawyer and will keep everyone posted.

regards,

saras

Lawyer recommends to show up

Guys,

My lawyer has recommended that we show up for the FP on the day. I will ask my wife to go to the office again on the 6th. This will be her 3rd FP. I am really not sure what the hell is going on here. I will be so glad when this damn nigthmare ends.

saras

called up for FP notice recd again

Hi

i called 1800 no again today and they told me that i shld write a letter mentioning that my fingerprinting is already done and see what they reply, i think this is a computer glitch that has happened and letters generated for atlanta folks - but lets see what happens

please post in the forum if you recieve any info from your lawyers

kabbu

saras76 is right.

I just spoke to my lawyer and he did confirm with the USCIS at Atlanta Location regarding this issue (since his office has been getting a lot of these notices).

He was told that the Atlanta FP location, from now on, will be working around the clock to get the FP done. So, due to this open window, they are rescheduling everybody to get them at those times.

Also, he mentioned that there could be a possiblity that the FP might not have been done correctly.

He suggested that we go to the FP location with the old receipt (that was stamped) and new receipts (that we just received); show it to them and make sure that the FPs are OK in the computer.

I think that it is best to do just as your lawyer says. Also the new notice said to bring original copy and the new notice.
I don't think it worth the risk to ignore it. I have contacted my lawyer, no reply yet.
What about the code? I remember someone said that the code number changed? I did not look closer on mine about the code. If the code changed from 3 to 2, then do we want to tell them to do biometrics anyway?
Thanks.

ATL10Again said:
I think that it is best to do just as your lawyer says. Also the new notice said to bring original copy and the new notice.
I don't think it worth the risk to ignore it. I have contacted my lawyer, no reply yet.
What about the code? I remember someone said that the code number changed? I did not look closer on mine about the code. If the code changed from 3 to 2, then do we want to tell them to do biometrics anyway?
Thanks.

My lawyer did not know why the codes were changed. My original letter had Code 3 and this new letter had Code 2.

Just go to the office

Guys,

The safest thing is to just show up there on the day and get it done. I am not sure of the timing though. Should we go at 8 PM? In my wifes case this will be her third FP in 2 months. The first was in Feb, then in March she got an RFE on her 485 along with a second notice requesting FP with Biometrics. She got that done early and now this. Both times her FPs were okayed in the computer. I have also not received any letter stating that the FPs were rejected so why the need to do a third FP? This is truly frustrating.

TSC maybe doing a good job for some but for me they have been the devil.

saras

Question for Summit

Summit,

So your lawyer feels that you may not have to give the FP again? He/she just wants you to show up at the office and confirm that the FP was alright? If they look in the computer and find that the FP was okay then you will not do another FP? Am I understanding you correctly.

What seems to have happened in our cases is that we have done the FPs early. The system that rescheduled the FPs probably does not keep track of early FPs and has sent out letters to everyone irrespective of completed FPs.

Also did your lawyer explain why the notices are from VSC? I am from TSC and I believe you must be to.

saras

saras76 said:
Summit,

So your lawyer feels that you may not have to give the FP again? He/she just wants you to show up at the office and confirm that the FP was alright? If they look in the computer and find that the FP was okay then you will not do another FP? Am I understanding you correctly.

What seems to have happened in our cases is that we have done the FPs early. The system that rescheduled the FPs probably does not keep track of early FPs and has sent out letters to everyone irrespective of completed FPs.

Also did your lawyer explain why the notices are from VSC? I am from TSC and I believe you must be to.

saras

Saras;
Yes, your understanding is correct regarding what my lawyer said. The important point is he wanted for me and my wife to show up (just in case).

Also, your second statement is exactly what I was thinking (they sent out notices regardless of completion or not).

I don't see VSC on my notice though.

Here's what I got:

United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) recently sent you a appointment notice instructiing you to report for fingerprinting at the (XAC) CIS Atlanta Application Center (ASC) on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at ***AM. Your appointment has been changed to Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at ***PM to better serve you.

If you show up for fingerprinting at the Application Center on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 9:00, you will not be able to get your fingerprints taken at that time.

Your appointment is as follows: Date and Time of Appointment
USCIS Atlanta, GA Wednesday, ***, 2005
3523 Buford Highway ****PM
Atlanta, GA 30329

Please bring this notice and your original scheduling notice with you.

If you are unable to make this new appointment, please follow the directions at the bottom of the original appointment notice for rescheduling you appointment.

The CIS would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experinced as a result of rescheduling your appointment. If you have any questions, please contact the Help Line toll free number 1-800-375-5283.

Sincerely
Citizenship Immigration Services.

Reference
Receipt Number SRC*********
Applicaiton A Number A*******
Date of Birth **********
Code Type 2

Copy to:
"My lawyers address here"

I just called the 800 number and this what she said

If it doesnot state ".........disregard this notice if FPs were done within the last 90 days................", I will have to show up at that new scheduled time.

When asked if there was any problem with my original FPs, she said that there is no way for her to tell what the reason is for rescheduling. But she insisted that I show up at that time and date.

Kabbu;
Does your notice state the above messege?

I guess it is better to call the 800 number again and make sure that their answers are consistent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vsc

Summit,

Check the envelope that the letter came in. I am positive that its from VSC. The envelope will have VSC's name and address on it.

The letter I received looks just like yours.

Also did any of you see any LUD changes that coincided with this notice?

saras