Ready to apply. All the Subject Matter Experts please advice if I am doing it right.

Which DO are you in? I have seen people in NY area getting a hard time re traffic tickets.

Other than nyc_newbie, I haven't heard of any other NYC applicants having a hard time with traffic tickets. Were there any others that I'm not aware of?

Other than nyc_newbie, I haven't heard of any other NYC applicants having a hard time with traffic tickets. Were there any others that I'm not aware of?

There is another guy laterly. But This guy seemed to ignored some tickets
while nyc_newbie was denied for a few paid tickets. But we do not know details maybe nyc_newbie'c case was more complex than he posted

I believe the Dallas DO is one of the faster offices at the moment and they also typically offer same-day oath (at least if your interview is early in the day). Therefore you may want to consider delaying your application by a few weeks so that you don't end up in the situation of having an interview date before 3/10/2010.

Thanks dms1. I am counting Christmas holidays and other holidays in January. On top of that, I am also asking for a name change. So I reckon it will take few extra weeks anyway. And with my luck I don't expect things faster.

There is another guy laterly. But This guy seemed to ignored some tickets
while nyc_newbie was denied for a few paid tickets. But we do not know details maybe nyc_newbie'c case was more complex than he posted

Ah, that explains it. If the guy ignored tickets, then he should have expected problems with his case, as unpaid traffic tickets can result in the issuance of a bench warrant.

As far as nyc_newbie is concerned, I've been communicating with him about his appeal. He always maintained that his case was straightforward and that the IO made a huge deal out of his speeding tickets. In fact, his application was approved on appeal and he took his oath a week ago.

Ah, that explains it. If the guy ignored tickets, then he should have expected problems with his case, as unpaid traffic tickets can result in the issuance of a bench warrant.

That guy paid all tickets by the time of N400. It is just in his history he
was once stopped due to unpaid tickets

Too bad he didn't come back to report this. I wonder if he can recoup the appeal fees.

He is actually planning on posting a detailed account of his experience when he gets the time. I just talked to him yesterday, and he doesn't really want to bother with trying to recoup the legal fees. However, I suggested that he files a complaint against the IO who originally denied his application. Even if nothing comes out of it in the end, it would make that lady's life a bit difficult for a little while.

That guy paid all tickets by the time of N400. It is just in his history he
was once stopped due to unpaid tickets

In my opinion, unpaid tickets suggest poor moral character by demonstrating a disregard for the law.

In my opinion, unpaid tickets suggest poor moral character by demonstrating a disregard for the law.

That guy said it is not his fault that his case dragged on. But I doubt
his accuracy. If it was the court or prosecutor that delay the
disposition, he would not have been stopped for that. I remmeber He also said he did not get court notice because he moved.

By the way, after citizenship, should we keep court documents and recipts
for traffic tickets for long time? Any other situation we may still be requseted
to disclose traffic violation?

That guy said it is not his fault that his case dragged on. But I doubt
his accuracy. If it was the court or prosecutor that delay the
disposition, he would not have been stopped for that. I remmeber He also said he did not get court notice because he moved.

By the way, after citizenship, should we keep court documents and recipts
for traffic tickets for long time? Any other situation we may still be requseted
to disclose traffic violation?

Aaaaaah, now I remember that case. From what I remember, this was for a NYC traffic ticket. If you don't respond to a traffic violation in NY, your license is automatically suspended. A suspension notice is sent to the driver's address, which gives the driver a chance to pay the ticket and avoid the suspension. In case of a suspension, the insurance carrier is also notified. These facts cause me to doubt this story. There's definitely more to it than the OP let on. Also, if he moved, but failed to update the DMV with his new address for several years, whose fault is that?

After naturalization, it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to keep records of traffic tickets. Certain jobs, particularly law enforcement and those that require driving, may request your driving records. However, a driving abstract is more than sufficient for these purposes. They just want to make sure that you have a good driving record and a valid license.

Hey guys one more thing- Does it matter how you put your sign in Part 11? I put my full name in Capital letters. Someone just told me that I must have signed my full name in cursive letters. Will that be an issue here?

Hey guys one more thing- Does it matter how you put your sign in Part 11? I put my full name in Capital letters. Someone just told me that I must have signed my full name in cursive letters. Will that be an issue here?

Considering you're sending it out on 12/15 change it to a signature (full name).
(Just switch out the page with the corrected one...)

Considering you're sending it out on 12/15 change it to a signature (full name).
(Just switch out the page with the corrected one...)

True that.. but I'm on the road and will be on the road for 2 weeks now.. I asked my friend to drop it off on 15th..:eek:. I don't want him to do anything else to it...Just wanted to know if that's absolutely necessary to have to full signature in cursive letters. Or else I have to do it after I come back.

True that.. but I'm on the road and will be on the road for 2 weeks now.. I asked my friend to drop it off on 15th..:eek:. I don't want him to do anything else to it...Just wanted to know if that's absolutely necessary to have to full signature in cursive letters. Or else I have to do it after I come back.

In that case, have him send the application in... most probably it'll be accepted. If it goes through (probably), take a new 'last page' with you to the Interview and have the IO switch it out at that time.

I too printed my name in all caps on my first EAD - so it may not be an issue after all...

You can sign the application any way you want. Normally, the USCIS makes you sign the naturalization certificate in cursive, but they seem to be doing away with the practice too.

Hey Guys,

One more question. I was out of country 2 times after getting my GC in March 2007. First one was for 30 days and the last one was for 45 days. Do you think it will be a problem?

Hey Guys,

One more question. I was out of country 2 times after getting my GC in March 2007. First one was for 30 days and the last one was for 45 days. Do you think it will be a problem?

Those are short trips that wouldn't be an issue for naturalization eligibility.

Aaaaaah, now I remember that case. From what I remember, this was for a NYC traffic ticket. If you don't respond to a traffic violation in NY, your license is automatically suspended. A suspension notice is sent to the driver's address, which gives the driver a chance to pay the ticket and avoid the suspension. In case of a suspension, the insurance carrier is also notified. These facts cause me to doubt this story. There's definitely more to it than the OP let on. Also, if he moved, but failed to update the DMV with his new address for several years, whose fault is that?
Not only that, but he had a court date, sent a request for a reschedule, and then didn't show up at all because he didn't hear back from them about the reschedule.

Those are short trips that wouldn't be an issue for naturalization eligibility.

Thanks Bob. Really appreciate it. Oh what a journey – I-20, F-1, OPT, H-1, Conditional Green Card, Green Card, and finally N-400.

Just submitted the packet. I hope that will go smoothly. Now stressing out on 5 speeding tickets, merger of a part of my middle name and last name on some papers that was not mentioned before on I-485, I-751 under "Any other Name Used".

Thank you so much all the good people who’s selfless help made my journey a nice and easy experience. I salute you all.

Merry Christmas guys.