Re-entry Permit after I leave USA

gc2005nyc

Registered Users (C)
Gurus - can I file reentry permit 6 motnhs after I left the country? Let's say I go abroad with the intent of staying there less than year. However, sometime into my stay I decided I want to extend it up to 2 years. Can I come back to the US 6 motnhs later and file I-131?

Thanks for your advice.

Gurus - can I file reentry permit 6 motnhs after I left the country?

------------------------Reentry Permit can only be filed while you are in US.

Let's say I go abroad with the intent of staying there less than year. However, sometime into my stay I decided I want to extend it up to 2 years. Can I come back to the US 6 motnhs later and file I-131?

Thanks for your advice.

--------------------

I WILL be in the USA when I file. The question is whether I should file now, or should I return in 6 motnhs and file then, in case I decide to extend my stay abroad for longer than 1 year.

Make sense?

The bottom line isnthat you must be present to apply plus USCIS will collect your biometric which is not possible in you are overseas.

I WILL be in the USA when I file.
-------------------if You are in US then you can file and you need to be in US for Biomatrics(I dont know how much time they take for sending Biomatrics Notice after you file)

The question is whether I should file now, or should I return in 6 motnhs and file then, in case I decide to extend my stay abroad for longer than 1 year.

----------------------that you have to decide. if you plan to return before 6 months then prepare the application and send it second day you reach US so that you can get Biomatrics done before you go out.
-----------

-----------

So If I file from the US, then the issue becomes how long it will take to get the biometrics appointment. If I get the biometrics letter while I am abroad I will need to come back to get fingerprinted, right? Is there any issue if I am abroad when the biometrics letter is issued? I will have it shipped to my US address ( I will maintain residence here).

On a side note! How many times do we have to be fingerprinted as immigrants here??!!? What is the purpose of all this? Is to make more money? To make our lives more miserable? To check whether I had become a felon since last time I was fingerprinted? Anything else? Just think about the amount of overhead this adds to the system.

THey fingerprint you as many times as they want, the idiots. Anyway, I don't think there's a problem if you're abroad when the biometric letter is sent, as long as you can come back and make the appointment.

So If I file from the US, then the issue becomes how long it will take to get the biometrics appointment.
------------------correct
If I get the biometrics letter while I am abroad I will need to come back to get fingerprinted, right?
--------------------Correct
Is there any issue if I am abroad when the biometrics letter is issued?
---------------------No issue You can be out of US but the biometrics letter will be sent to US address and somebody should inform you that your biometrics appointment has arrived and date for biometrics is......

I will have it shipped to my US address ( I will maintain residence here).

On a side note! How many times do we have to be fingerprinted as immigrants here??!!? What is the purpose of all this? Is to make more money? To make our lives more miserable? To check whether I had become a felon since last time I was fingerprinted? Anything else? Just think about the amount of overhead this adds to the system.

-------------------