RD - OCT 2001...Please post updates Here

My MD is 10/26/2001, INS received on 10/29/01 no notice yet

Earlier my attorney had sent 485 application to VSC inspite of my 140 was approved from NSC. I lost 2 months because of this. The attorney never told me all this I found out from INS. They now filed in NSC. Seems like case of Haraputta.

Mailed 485/EAD/AP on Nov 1 @NSC

My lawyer mailed my and my wife\'s 485/EAD/AP applications on Nov 1st, 2001 at NSC. Talked with lawyer today. She didn\'t receive any receipt notice as of today ( Nov 30).

Hi!! I just got mu I 140 approved!!!

Do you guys think I should apply for CP or 485?? I was approved for
CP INDIA Please post ur opinions.. I can get my GC by FEB if I go to
INDIA but have to spend $5000.00 for the trip..
Please help me make the decision..
Thanks a bunch in advance

Approved EAD and FP

Sent out: 10/5
Receipt: 10/9
Notice:11/8
FP: 11/28 (according to Automated message)
EAD: 11/30(according to Automated message)
Waiting for notices and EAD card

My advice is to go for CP

It is the best and fastest course of action after I-140. In 485 you might have RFE, attorneys sometimes make mistakes, ask me my attorney filed 485 application to a wrong service center and I lost 2 months.

I feel that I should have continued in CP, 485 is really slow, I spoke with IIO, she mentioned that this application
(MD=10/26/01 and RD=10/29/01) would take atleast one year. With CP you would enter the country with Green Card.

Also, there are a lot of ifs and buts about stage of 485 application and their effects on layoffs and change of employement.

If you want my advice, take a vacation ,spend that money. I would do it if I had second chance.

aac - Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Mine :

MD - 10/03
RD - 10/05
ND - 11/08
AP - 11/27
Waiting for EAD approval???

Do you have any idea on what date EAD approvals are standing???

How do check for FP on the Automated system

Do you use the same LIN number that appears on your I-485 receipt number to check whether your FP has been ordered.

In case for some reason if we cannot make it on the day scheduled by the INS for FP, then will INS provide us with alternative dates.

No Title

I got my EAD approved at 11/23/01. Yours should be very soon. EAD cards were sent to my home.

Got EAD today at local INS

Got EAD this morning at local INS.

RD: 10/18/01
ND: 11/21/01
EAD Card: 12/04/01 --- Local INS

Just thought I should share !

While I was at local INS for my EAD, I ran into a friend of mine who was there to get his passport stamped as he received his 485 approval notice last week.

The story, so far, seems to be so ordinary, but what will really blow your mind, as it did mine, is the following:

His RD: Some date in Feb, 2001
His ND: Some date in March, 2001 (there was a 25 day differece between
                                   RD and ND)
His Approval Date: November 21, 2001

and yes his Notice date year is 2001 I repeat 2001.

The person got his FP in May of this year...

Well all I could say to him was "Lucky You!"

Thanks.

Is it Ohio INS local office?

would you let us know which local office? I did not apply for EAD/AP with my I-485 application. It seems that I do not need it now. Just wondering if I can get it in the same day if I apply for it in my local office when I need it.
Thanks in advance for sharing the info.