Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

How accurate predictor is other peoples time lines???

In case my question does not make sense..I am seeing that the average time in Raleigh for people receiving FP notice is about 20 - 25 days. I got my I797C notice on Feb 11. But still no FP notice. Wondering i need to start calling the 800 number..

In case my question does not make sense..I am seeing that the average time in Raleigh for people receiving FP notice is about 20 - 25 days. I got my I797C notice on Feb 11. But still no FP notice. Wondering i need to start calling the 800 number..

Give it at least 45 days after NOA to start inquiring if you haven't received FP by then.

Hi Folks,
I have my parents who are planning to apply for US Citizenship in early next month. I saw few recent posts on this thread about their experiences during naturalization process and like to get a general feeling about current time frame at Durham office. Can someone provide their total time frame (from the time N-400 sent till completed Oath) which took to complete the whole process? I did my N-400 in California so I have no clue about current time frame in Durham center. Appreciate your input on this.

Hi Folks,
I have my parents who are planning to apply for US Citizenship in early next month. I saw few recent posts on this thread about their experiences during naturalization process and like to get a general feeling about current time frame at Durham office. Can someone provide their total time frame (from the time N-400 sent till completed Oath) which took to complete the whole process? I did my N-400 in California so I have no clue about current time frame in Durham center. Appreciate your input on this.

As per the USCIS the current processing time is about 5 months. If you see the post above the one you posted, the processing time for that individual is about 4 months and 8 days, from application to oath ceremony. So if you have a straight forward case you can assume processing time to be 5 or 6 months, but can be done sooner.

Hi All,
So I got my FP appointment for Feb 22nd. But the thing is my wife is scheduled for surgery that day as well. I keep reading about walkin Fingerprints being done. I was curious to know if anyone has done walkin FP lately or is this a thing of the past. Curious if I go and show them a Dr. note or something they will make an exception for me.

Walkin FP at Raleigh

I posted earlier wondering if Raleigh still does walkin FP. Well, I found out for myself. I happen to work across from the Raleigh office so I took a chance and walked into the Raleigh office with my FP notice( my date happens to be next tuesday). Well, they did my FP so I guess the answer is yes they do walkin FP's. Also I have to say Raleigh office has the nicest people I have ever encountered at the USCIS so far.

Must be a southern thing.

Southern thing? :) Perhaps.

My experience was in Ft. Worth, TX. At the walk-in, I begged and pleaded, went in a tie and jacket, reached the office 5 minutes before opening, offered to wait there the whole day, if necessary. But, the brusque IO said he would be delighted to postpone my FP, if I wanted. But, he would not see me a single day before the scheduled date (which, at that time was 3 weeks away).

My 1.25 hour drive to, and the 1.0 hour drive back, were in vain.

Some DOs don't accept early FP walk ins since people try to take advantage of it thinking it will speed up the process (which is false).

Some DOs don't accept early FP walk ins since people try to take advantage of it thinking it will speed up the process (which is false).

Are you sure ?
Unless some people are lying on this forum, i have read posts where applicants went 2 or three weeks before their appointments and got the case transfered to the office and received an interview letter sometimes around the same date of their original fingerprinting appointment

Hi big-bird. I think that they are really lying. Because I've encountered some of these people. Hope to see you in Raleigh. :D

Hi big-bird. I think that they are really lying. Because I've encountered some of these people. Hope to see you in Raleigh. :D

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but not ALL of them are lying. There are cases, where it *seems* early FP did not make a difference. And then, there ARE cases where, the case did get transferred to the local office (and even YL and IL got issued) before the originally scheduled FP date. My own walk-in FP was refused. That is a chance I took; I had bad luck. But, if I had to do this all over again, I would try the early, walk-in FP again.

In other words, an early, walk-in FP does not guarantee an expedited process. However, with an early, walk-in FP, there is a non-trivial probability that the process may be hastened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure ?
Unless some people are lying on this forum, i have read posts where applicants went 2 or three weeks before their appointments and got the case transfered to the office and received an interview letter sometimes around the same date of their original fingerprinting appointment

Early FP doesn't speed up overall processing. However, it can result in receiving IL sooner.

Early FP doesn't speed up overall processing. However, it can result in receiving IL sooner.

I dont know if this is quick or what but I got my interview letter for May 4th @ 915 AM. Fastest USCIS has ever moved. A friend of mine said,"It's because they are not processing any GC's at the moment( feel sorry for the GC in-process people).

I dont know if this is quick or what but I got my interview letter for May 4th @ 915 AM. Fastest USCIS has ever moved. A friend of mine said,"It's because they are not processing any GC's at the moment( feel sorry for the GC in-process people).

Excellent! Congratulations to you, sammm!

I would be interested in looking at your entire time line. Would you mind posting it, please? The fastest I have seen so far (from date of application to interview) is 66 days. Seems like, yours is much shorter than even that.

My Timeline

Excellent! Congratulations to you, sammm!

I would be interested in looking at your entire time line. Would you mind posting it, please? The fastest I have seen so far (from date of application to interview) is 66 days. Seems like, yours is much shorter than even that.

Sorry Java I was not too meticulous about keeping track of all the dates but I will tell you one thing I sent my check was cashed on Feb 11th. I had my finger prints done on one of the days I posted( March 22nd ) I think.