Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Hi user221,

Did you take Oath? I have also applied for name change for my wife.. From your dates, it doesn't seem that it takes long time. My friend is waiting for oath for more than 4 months...

Yes! Oath done on 21st was Great and Simple. 65 people took oath from 35 countries, in front of the Judge (Name Change in my case). Finally feels great now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview done.. Overall similar experience as other candidates. Very professional.. I was out in 30 minutes. Appointment at 7:45AM but they open at 8 am. Oath on Feb 11. My wife has name change so waiting for her Oath Letter now.

Friends,

I am in the process of completing the N400, and have few questions as below,

1. My wife got a speeding ticket in the School area in 2007 (43 in the 25 miles zone).
We went to a lawyer and he got PJC for her after few hours of community service. Do we
need to submit these details with N400 ? Also , I have original ticket Notice but need to
get the court disposition from the lawyer ? Can I find it somewhere online instead of going
back to the lawyer ?

2.I had a traffic ticket for crossing the blinking Red light in 2000. Do I need to submit details for
it with N400 as well ? It was in another state and I paid the fine but was not required to go to
court. So I do not have disposition from court for this one.

3. We drove to Canada in Spt, 2010 for 4 days. But the immigration officer did not stamp our passports.
So do we need to mention this in N400 form ? We do not have any proof of this travel to show if asked for.

Thanks for your help in Advance.

Disclose the traffic citations, but no documentation is required if fine was less than $500. They are both minor, so no worries.
You need to disclose all trips over 24 hrs even if your passport wasn't stamped.

Passed interview, waiting for oath letter, name change, judicial oath

I passed the interview today and I am waiting for my oath letter. I was given a letter w/ my status as interview passed and recommended for approval checked, i think it's N-652. They don't know the schedule for judicial oath due to my name change (taking my husband's last name). So they will mail me the oath letter. My husband was given an oath letter the same day for next week's oath.

How long after the interview do they send the oath letter for a judicial oath?

The interview was quick, it took longer for the wait time. I was only asked for my GC, the IO did not ask for my passport. I brought with me tax transcripts, marriage cert, birth cert, bills, passport, court dispositions for speeding ticket, insurance docs for accident, DMV driving record. To my surprise, no other docs were asked. It was fairly easy test questions, like ocean on east side, when was constitution written etc.

Does anybody have experience with how long it takes for oath letter for judicial oath due to name change in Raleigh,NC?

Thank You Bobsmyth...!

Just a quick question to all,

I had sent my N-400 on 02/11 and it was received on 02/14. Usually, how long does it take to
get the Receipt Notice or Email confirming the receipt ? May be I will get something by next week.

Thank You Bobsmyth...!

Just a quick question to all,

I had sent my N-400 on 02/11 and it was received on 02/14. Usually, how long does it take to
get the Receipt Notice or Email confirming the receipt ? May be I will get something by next week.
Usually within 30 days.

Hi it took my wife about a month and she is scheduled for Oath in Court on Mar 25.

I passed the interview today and I am waiting for my oath letter. I was given a letter w/ my status as interview passed and recommended for approval checked, i think it's N-652. They don't know the schedule for judicial oath due to my name change (taking my husband's last name). So they will mail me the oath letter. My husband was given an oath letter the same day for next week's oath.

How long after the interview do they send the oath letter for a judicial oath?

The interview was quick, it took longer for the wait time. I was only asked for my GC, the IO did not ask for my passport. I brought with me tax transcripts, marriage cert, birth cert, bills, passport, court dispositions for speeding ticket, insurance docs for accident, DMV driving record. To my surprise, no other docs were asked. It was fairly easy test questions, like ocean on east side, when was constitution written etc.

Does anybody have experience with how long it takes for oath letter for judicial oath due to name change in Raleigh,NC?

My timeline so far ...

DO : Raleigh / Durham, NC

02/08/2011 - [day 00] Application mailed via USPS to Dallas lockbox.
02/10/2011 - [day 02] Delivery confirmation received
02/14/2011 - [day 06] Application received by USCIS
02/15/2011 - [day 07] SMS & Email receipt confirmation received
02/16/2011 - [day 08] Checks cashed
02/18/2011 - [day 10] NOA arrived - Priority Date 2/10/2011
02/18/2011 - [day 10] SMS & Email notification that FP Notice has been mailed
02/25/2011 - [day 17] FP Appointment letter arrived ( Appt for 03/04/2011 )
03/04/2011 - [day 24] FP Appointment

Citizenship in Raleigh

hello all,...need your advice...After GC i was in other states for 1year I have been in Raleigh for 3 years and i will eligible for USCitizenship to apply this December or sooner. My question is...since i work as consultant i need to relocate where ever i find project. I might end my current contract job this September and i might move out of Raleigh. In that cases since i will be getting eligibility to apply Citizenship in December, I cannot apply under Raleigh? USCIS or where should i apply?, Can i just apply in December and leave to other state?

can someone please reply, Do i have to be in Raleigh in order to apply for USCitizenship since i been here for the last 4 years? or before i apply?

can someone please reply, Do i have to be in Raleigh in order to apply for USCitizenship since i been here for the last 4 years? or before i apply?
You do not apply in Raleigh, every state have an address to send the application to. if you leave in Raleigh you apply in Dallas Texas, other states apply in another address you can read about it on USCIS doc. than you will have to put your current address at the time, which means they gonna send you to do finger print at the local immigration office covering the address you'll stay at. do not complicate things, it is easier than what you think. hope i have answered your question.

Hi khandkep,

May I ask where will your wife have her judicial oath?
Is it a district court in Raleigh or some other place?

Thanks,
Angela

You do not apply in Raleigh, every state have an address to send the application to. if you leave in Raleigh you apply in Dallas Texas, other states apply in another address you can read about it on USCIS doc. than you will have to put your current address at the time, which means they gonna send you to do finger print at the local immigration office covering the address you'll stay at. do not complicate things, it is easier than what you think. hope i have answered your question.

skris question wasn't about where to apply but whether he needs to apply from Raleigh based past residency.

I might end my current contract job this September and i might move out of Raleigh. In that cases since i will be getting eligibility to apply Citizenship in December, I cannot apply under Raleigh? USCIS or where should i apply?, Can i just apply in December and leave to other state?

If you move out of Raleigh in September, you'll have the required 90 day residency requirement by December so you'll be able to apply under your new service district area.