Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

I passed my citizenship interview but the officier said she will need to review my files and they will mail me a decision, do i hav to be worried?
thnks
Not unless you have something serious in your case (such as break in continuous residency, bad moral character, etc).

(x) passed the .......
(x) uscis will send you a written decision about your application

Any clue?
They have up to 120 days after interview to render a decision. Was there anything in your case that might have raised red flag, like divorce, criminal charge, security check etc?

They have up to 120 days after interview to render a decision. Was there anything in your case that might have raised red flag, like divorce, criminal charge, security check etc?

Thanks Bobsmyth, I believ I had a record, but that was before my GC was approved, and that record was dismissed before they even approved my GC, but at my Citizenship interview, the officer pulled out my GC files and asked me why I checked " no " for have u ever been arrested before? while I was applyin for my GC and I said I didnt check that because the time I filed for my GC i was never been arrested, I sent my files before I had my record but at my GC interview the officer asked me and I said " no " koz it was dismissed and I thought they should hav known about it after getting my fingerprint. Anyway, now when I went to my citizenship interview, she said why I didnt tell the officer about the fact tha I ve been arrested, and I told her that I didnt considere that as arrested since it was dismissed.
And she said she will have to review my files and get back to me later and gave me the form N-652. I am in limbo. I just dont know what to do. thank you

Thanks Bobsmyth, I believ I had a record, but that was before my GC was approved, and that record was dismissed before they even approved my GC, but at my Citizenship interview, the officer pulled out my GC files and asked me why I checked " no " for have u ever been arrested before? while I was applyin for my GC and I said I didnt check that because the time I filed for my GC i was never been arrested, I sent my files before I had my record but at my GC interview the officer asked me and I said " no " koz it was dismissed and I thought they should hav known about it after getting my fingerprint. Anyway, now when I went to my citizenship interview, she said why I didnt tell the officer about the fact tha I ve been arrested, and I told her that I didnt considere that as arrested since it was dismissed.
And she said she will have to review my files and get back to me later and gave me the form N-652. I am in limbo. I just dont know what to do. thank you

Birdlove,

You should have checked YES on that question. Whether the arrest was before the green card or after the green card, a criminal record matters a great deal to USCIS. If a case was expunged or sealed, USCIS still reserves the right to review the files themselves. Are you saying that you expected USCIS to know about your arrest via the finger printing report from the FBI? Is this your point?

She will have to review the file and get back to you. My hunch is a denial, USCIS is going to stand behind the fact that you checked NO, even though you should have checked YES and provided court documentation proving the case was dismissed. If you checked YES and provided documentation (official) from the court, you would sworn-in.

Birdlove,

You should have checked YES on that question. Whether the arrest was before the green card or after the green card, a criminal record matters a great deal to USCIS. If a case was expunged or sealed, USCIS still reserves the right to review the files themselves. Are you saying that you expected USCIS to know about your arrest via the finger printing report from the FBI? Is this your point?

She will have to review the file and get back to you. My hunch is a denial, USCIS is going to stand behind the fact that you checked NO, even though you should have checked YES and provided court documentation proving the case was dismissed. If you checked YES and provided documentation (official) from the court, you would sworn-in.

Thank you Al Southner,
Please let make it little clear for you, I did checked " YES" while applying for my US Citizenship and also provided documentation from the court showin that my record was destroyed and was dismissed but the Immigration Officer's concern was the fact that I didnt say "YES" I was arrested at my GC interview back in 2007.
And yes I was expecting USCIS to know about my arrest via the finger printing report from the FBI since its a federal background check.
Thanks again

uscis will send you a written decision about your application

N-652 : uscis will send you a written decision about your application

Any clue ?????

N-652 : uscis will send you a written decision about your application

Any clue ?????

It means that you will get a letter in the mail indicating if your case was approved or not. Bear in mind that USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to render a decision in your case.

Hi All,
I have sent my N-400 today via FedEx, will be delivered tomorrow. I sent a money order. Here's hoping that Raleigh/Durham is fast.

Hey Guys,

I received NOA stating to confirm our Birthdates and Address. It says to call number if there are any changes. When I called the number nobody picked. Is it necessary call and confirm that information is correct? or Should I wait?

Hey Guys,

I received NOA stating to confirm our Birthdates and Address. It says to call number if there are any changes. When I called the number nobody picked. Is it necessary call and confirm that information is correct? or Should I wait?

You would only call if there were changes, as the NOA instructs.

oh.. cool.. I think the website status says RFE with today's date. So looks like thats for FP.. Thanks for your reply

Hi All,
I received my NOA today.
Here is my info:

N-400 sent via FedEx: 10/20/2010
Package received: 10/21/2010
NOA received: 10/28/2010
Notice date: 10/25/2010
Received date: 10/21/2010
Priority date: 10/21/2010
Money order cashed: 10/25/2010

Updated stats:

N-400 sent via FedEx: 10/20/2010