Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Brother washnurn we are not talking about dvlotto here.
civics questions are part of n-400 citizenship forum. It is not that only raleigh/durham applicants have to take civics test.
Therefore I suggested that if you open another thread, every n-400 applicant will benefit from qualified answers. also you will get more n-400 appliers to respond. This civics question is hidden within this raleigh/durham thread so most n-400 will not read this or reply to your question.

well I thought because this is the section of the N400 threads (Raleigh) contained several people who I "know" from posting here and those people just had the interview, and that made me think that I'd be able to get more/quick comments from them. and a few comments was all I needed.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who's now naturalized! I also wanted to share my good news - I received my oath letter in the mail YESTERDAY and my oath ceremony was scheduled TODAY. Luckily, I've been checking my mail every day, hoping for this, and so I made it in time. It was frustrating, relieving, angering, uplifting, and a bunch of other emotions to come so close to missing my ceremony.

Anyways, it went well, and I resgistered to vote immediately afterwards at the post office. So thank you all for support during all of this!

FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08
IL: 7/01/08
ID: 9/18/08
OL: 10/3/08 (received 10/9/08)
OL: 10/10/08

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who's now naturalized! I also wanted to share my good news - I received my oath letter in the mail YESTERDAY and my oath ceremony was scheduled TODAY. Luckily, I've been checking my mail every day, hoping for this, and so I made it in time. It was frustrating, relieving, angering, uplifting, and a bunch of other emotions to come so close to missing my ceremony.

Anyways, it went well, and I resgistered to vote immediately afterwards at the post office. So thank you all for support during all of this!

Congratulations..

Hey Everyone,

FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08

Congratulations!! Any details of how oath was?

Hey Everyone,

Congratulations, rjwang! :D

You must be really happy to have finally ended this long hair-raising roller-coaster ride ... ;)

Finally, my interview is over. It was scheduled at 1 pm. The whole process took 3 Hours. It took an hour and half to call my name for the interview. Once I went inside, the officer went through the basic stuff and civic questions and it was all set and done within 10 Mts. I was out by 3 pm. But, he asked me to wait outside to get my OATH letter and it took almost an hour to print it. The date is set to 27th OCtober at 1.30 pm. I asked if I get any earlier oath date but he said the next oath date is 27th October. I don't know how far it is true. Anyways, the long waiting period time is over.

The following questions were asked:
1. How many stripes on the flag?
2. how many stars on the flag?
3. Who is the governor of NC?
4. What is the duty of supreme court?
5. What is the congress?
6. Who is the president of USA?

Thanks to everyone who had been very cooperative in answering the queries

Finally, my interview is over. It was scheduled at 1 pm. The whole process took 3 Hours. It took an hour and half to call my name for the interview. Once I went inside, the officer went through the basic stuff and civic questions and it was all set and done within 10 Mts. I was out by 3 pm. But, he asked me to wait outside to get my OATH letter and it took almost an hour to print it. The date is set to 27th OCtober at 1.30 pm. I asked if I get any earlier oath date but he said the next oath date is 27th October. I don't know how far it is true. Anyways, the long waiting period time is over.

5. What is the congress?

Congratulations!! You'll even be able to register and vote for the elections (early voting). (and no, Chiranjeevi is not on the ballot) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my passport this afternoon. I applied last week regular processing. It took total 9 days door to door. I got it along with the naturalization certificate all in good shape.

About the old/new civics questions?

I have my interview in a week and 1/2 and I come under the category of applied before Oct'08 but interview after 1st october'08. mine is in Charlotte DO

So does the IO ask about which test do you want to take or they just ask questions straight off, cause I have the old civics book which I got at the FP appointment and also I was wondering , are the questions that the IO ask straightforward or do they twist it and ask the questions.

I am starting to get nervous..

Thanks

5. What is the congress?

Congratulations Desifan.. Glad that you go the OL too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my passport this afternoon. I applied last week regular processing. It took total 9 days door to door. I got it along with the naturalization certificate all in good shape.

GOOD!!!! was a record, only 9 days, very good for you :):)

About the old/new civics questions? ( posting again )

I have my interview in a week and 1/2 and I come under the category of applied before Oct'08 but interview after 1st october'08. mine is in Charlotte DO

So does the IO ask about which test do you want to take or they just ask questions straight off, cause I have the old civics book which I got at the FP appointment and also I was wondering , are the questions that the IO ask straightforward or do they twist it and ask the questions.

Thanks

Thanks
The IO will ask you what test you want to take. Also, the questions are asked directly as they are written from the civics book you got at the FP.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! You've heard about several oath ceremonies, so I'll just highlight the parts of mine that are different from what I've heard.

My ceremony was at 9:30 and about 20 of us were naturalized. The presiding official introduced herself as the "acting USCIS director" or something along those lines, and was nice, but tended to read from the prompt. When they took our green cards, the guy next to me asked if he could keep his...haha. After the 3 videos (by the way, was the music video "Proud to be an American" or another song? I'm trying to remember), we took the oath, said the pledge of allegiance, and they went down the 2 rows and gave us our certificates and that was it.

They then said "normally the voter registration people are here to register you, but not today"....I took that to mean they were stretched thin on Friday, which was the last day to register. I'm also guessing that the Durham DO may have caught up completely on their oath ceremonies b/c there were so few of us there. Has any been interviewed by the end of september and NOT gotten an oath yet?
FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08

Thanks for the congrats everyone! You've heard about several oath ceremonies, so I'll just highlight the parts of mine that are different from what I've heard.

My ceremony was at 9:30 and about 20 of us were naturalized. The presiding official introduced herself as the "acting USCIS director" or something along those lines, and was nice, but tended to read from the prompt. When they took our green cards, the guy next to me asked if he could keep his...haha. After the 3 videos (by the way, was the music video "Proud to be an American" or another song? I'm trying to remember), we took the oath, said the pledge of allegiance, and they went down the 2 rows and gave us our certificates and that was it.

They then said "normally the voter registration people are here to register you, but not today"....I took that to mean they were stretched thin on Friday, which was the last day to register. I'm also guessing that the Durham DO may have caught up completely on their oath ceremonies b/c there were so few of us there. Has any been interviewed by the end of september and NOT gotten an oath yet?
FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08

Sounds like it was Gretchen at your oath since she just reads through the entire ceremony. I'm surprised they only scheduled 20 people considering the posted processing time still shows May 2007.

I bet the reason why it says "May 2007" on the timeline process is that there are still lots of people who applied Summer 2007 and still haven't been interviewed yet. My hypothesis is that all of us who have been interviewed now have oaths done or scheduled. What do you think?