Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

You can't just go to any court..you have to go to court in county where ticket was issued..if that was in Raleigh area it would be Wake county court in downtown Raleigh. Unless your traffic citation was very recent or over $500, I wouldn't worry about obtaining proof of payment. Chances are you won't be asked at interview.

http://www.nccourts.org/County/Wake/Default.asp

Did you apply for passport card as well? I was thinking if its of any value especially if you need to return to US by plane due to emergency after traveling outside of US by land or marine travel.

I didn't bother applying for the pass card, but I'm beginning to question that decision. If I were to lose my passport, I'd feel a lot more comfortable sending in my pass card than my natz certificate to obtain a new passport. In fact, as of this weekend, my natz certificate is going into a safe and permanently staying there.

I didn't bother applying for the pass card, but I'm beginning to question that decision. If I were to lose my passport, I'd feel a lot more comfortable sending in my pass card than my natz certificate to obtain a new passport. In fact, as of this weekend, my natz certificate is going into a safe and permanently staying there.

Permanently or until you loose your passport :D :D :D

i did not bother to apply for the passport card too because I always travel by plane.

Hey Vorpal, how long did it take for your passport information to appear online. I applied last wednesday but still no information online.

Any idea?

Permanently or until you loose your passport :D :D :D

i did not bother to apply for the passport card too because I always travel by plane.

Hey Vorpal, how long did it take for your passport information to appear online. I applied last wednesday but still no information online.

Any idea?

Exactly what Bobsmyth said. Ironically enough, the date on the postage label was 9/25/08, which is the date my application status appeared online.

Don't pay too much attention to the online status, as it's about as reliable as the USCUS Case Status Online (by the way, my N-400 still appears as "Received and Pending" :rolleyes:).

For all of those who took the oath at new Raleigh/Durham DO, the first video they showed is Faces of America: A Tribute to Naturalization:

http://www.ailc.com/media/Faces.mpg

That narrows down zseyer's country of origin as Russia, Cuba, Peru, Sudan, Honduras or Britain. ;)

Good memory Bob...... you remember all the countries..... I'm very proud to be original from PERU and now I'm proud to be a USA citizen too, finally I always was from AMERICA (first South America and now North America) :):)

Congratulations, KennyGH, rtp_waiting, Bobsmyth, Zseyer, and JustJim! :D:D:D

Wow, October 6 netted a bumper crop! :D

I must confess to feeling a little bummed out at missing this particular bus, though... :cool:

well said, sbernal. I will do my best to inform and be informed.
i hope we all get safely to our IV schedules, and don't get decscheduled again, and that naso soon gets his 3rd IL !

sbernal can you post your timeline in your sig? Thanks.

Amen brother Washburn! I just checked my mailbox and there was no letter from USCIS..phew! this is one of the few times in which I pray not to get anything until I pass my interview. Interview still on for Nov 6th! (knock on wood)

hmmm ok i guess there's no escaping that. Let us know if you get your certificate back intact Fbanna. It would suck if they lost it. I wonder where the closest passport agency is.. out of state?

There were some posts deleted and the thread has been cleaned even from my own comments.... except this one.... :D:D:D

Thanks Vorpal..I can't believe I'm done..seems like only yesterday I was calling USCIS weekly to ask when I will be scheduled for an interview..it certainly feels great to have this chip lifted off my shoulder.

Hey Bob, congratulations. You really deserve this. You have helped people in this forum left and right. And this what America is really all about.-

Bummer does that entail mailing your NAT. certifcate? i've read that's not a good idea..

I wouldn't worry too much about mailing your certificate. I was worried about sending mine in the same way everyone else was. I got it back 5 days after I received my passport. The certificate came back in perfect condition, in a big manila envelope with "U.S. Department of State - OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT MAIL" prominently printed in the upper left hand corner. I'm sure that the USPS treats such mailings more carefully than ordinary mail. Go ahead and apply.