Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Good news for me 2! I got my new interview letter today for Nov 6th! in Durham!
A question for all:
I was charged with an offense in 1998 but not arrested. The case was dismissed by the DA. I fully disclosed all the details in my application, went down to the Wake county court and got a copy of my own criminal record and the resolution of the offense (dismissed) with the official seal of the Wake Country Court clerk. Is that enough for the interview? i sent that original document along with my N-400. Any help is appreciated since i don't wanna show up to the interview only to be told I had to bring some other document. Thanks!

Looks like this character has got something in common with Sillymistake. Both were accused of some offense.
But looks like s/he is against "amnesty".
Perhaps in the same boat as Sillymistake and not in the same boat as illegals?
hence the posts.
Geez, this forum has people coming with all sorts of stories.
Charged with offenses, crossing the border illegally, domestic violence, dwi, dui..
Some of them try to give the impression that their tribulations are somehow heroic.

Last edited by a moderator:
tell us your story chenwu. are you some chinese illegal that used a deceased persons papers to come here? that's common practice. or maybe since you all look alike you used your brother's ID and then claimed asylum on the basis that china will only let you have 1 baby.. please almighty chenwu enlighten the forum with your personal story on how you were pesonally invited to come live in the U.S by the President and you represent all things that are righteous. like I said all your posts are useless without any substance or valuable advice to anyone. do you need to get laid or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
tell us your story chenwu. are you some chinese illegal that used a deceased persons papers to come here? that's common practice. or maybe since you all look alike you used your brother's ID and then claimed asylum on the basis that china will only let you have 1 baby.. please almighty chenwu enlighten the forum with your personal story on how you were pesonally invited to come live in the U.S by the Presindent and you represent all things that are righteous. like I said all your posts are useless without any substance or valuable advice to anyone. do you need to get laid or something?

Sbernal, take it easy. I had to deal with this Chenwu myself. He made me say so many bad things in another thread about chinese. However, I don't believe all Chinese are like him. I have many chinese friends.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1961913#post1961913

He is a jaleous and a hater. He thinks only chinese (If he is really one)deserve to be in the United States. Thanks God, the US is not like China. I have some friends who immigrated in China. They treat immigrants like rubbishes. You can't get naturalized unless you are a real chinese (I am talking about the small eyes). I don't even want to be called chinese with my big black african eyes. But i think it is always funny to see a small chinese who can barely speak english call himself american :D

Sbernal, have you wash Rush Hour 1 ? :D:D

Sbernal, have you wash Rush Hour 1 ? :D:D[/QUOTE]

yes all 3 of them.

Lee:"do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Carter: "man nobody understands anything coming out of your mouth!!"

I got my new interview letter this week after getting the deschedule letter in August. Interview is on 11/5/08.

Any guesses on when the oath date might be if it gets approved? I am planning to travel outside the US in December and will have to postpone the oath if there is a conflict.

It turned out that my oath is at 10.30am on Oct 6, instead of 9am as told by an IO over the phone. I got letter today. So I will be in the same session with Just Jim.

Yes, I did get a chance to talk to IO via phone. He was a nice guy and informed me about my Interview date and time, It is scheduled on Oct 10th at1 pm at Durham. I asked him what happens if I don't get my Reschedule letter before Oct 10th. His suggestion was to get Infopass and meet the IO and explain the situation, IO might be able to print the Duplicate letter. Keeping my fingers crossed. Any other suggestion in how to get the duplicate reschedule letter.

Any news on your IL? Nothing in mail for me today too.
Third call to CS didnt get us transferred to an IO. All three times went to the second level CS and same thing. Letter went out on Sep 17th. Guess infopass is the only way out of this misery/mystery.

Don't worry yourselves too much about interview letters. I went to my second interview with a hand written interview letter. The IO had rescheduled my first interview date and told me that I will not receive anything in the mail. Security guards let me in without any problem and I was interviewed.

If the letter does not arrive, they can print a copy at the Durham DO for you or just hand write the date and time for you and you will be fine.

Ultimatly, you can show up at your interview date and explain your situation to the security guard. I am sure they will have someone come out to talk to you.

Hi Bobsmyth, Fbanna79 and everybody.... my OL arrived today.
OATH CEREMONY: Monday, October 6, 2008, at 2:30pm. Durham Office.
The date in the letter is Sep23, the mail stamp is Sep 25, and arrived today Sep 27.
I'm sooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :):):)

Don't worry yourselves too much about interview letters. I went to my second interview with a hand written interview letter. The IO had rescheduled my first interview date and told me that I will not receive anything in the mail. Security guards let me in without any problem and I was interviewed.

If the letter does not arrive, they can print a copy at the Durham DO for you or just hand write the date and time for you and you will be fine.

Ultimatly, you can show up at your interview date and explain your situation to the security guard. I am sure they will have someone come out to talk to you.

True.. Only if i know that they have really SCHEDULED an interview i will be less anxious. Also if i know when the interview is I can wait. When i asked the CS, who refused to tell my interview date/time, what by chance the IL arrives later than my interview date. All he said was that is possible. USCIS doesnt have any respect for one's anxiety. I am sure they talk to 1000s of ppl like me.. Still as a courtesy they can tell us the interview date.

Anyway, that is USCIS in its true form...

Hi Bobsmyth, Fbanna79 and everybody.... my OL arrived today.
OATH CEREMONY: Monday, October 6, 2008, at 2:30pm. Durham Office.
The date in the letter is Sep23, the mail stamp is Sep 25, and arrived today Sep 27.
I'm sooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :):):)

Congrats!

tell us your story chenwu. are you some chinese illegal that used a deceased persons papers to come here? that's common practice. or maybe since you all look alike you used your brother's ID and then claimed asylum on the basis that china will only let you have 1 baby.. please almighty chenwu enlighten the forum with your personal story on how you were pesonally invited to come live in the U.S by the President and you represent all things that are righteous. like I said all your posts are useless without any substance or valuable advice to anyone. do you need to get laid or something?

What crime were you accused of? Did you do it? Did an attorney helped you?
Why did you hire an attorney if you hired one at all, if you were innocent?
Why is reputation of Rio so bad? lots of slums?
Your President from Brazil is left leaning?
Why are Brazilains enroaching on the habitat of Indians in amazon forest?

What crime were you accused of? Did you do it? Did an attorney helped you?
Why did you hire an attorney if you hired one at all, if you were innocent?
Why is reputation of Rio so bad? lots of slums?
Your President from Brazil is left leaning?
Why are Brazilains enroaching on the habitat of Indians in amazon forest?

why are u so annyoing?
do you have a small pen1s?
why is china so dirty?
why is stuff made in china so cheap?

Reschedule letter

I'd my Infopass Today. It took hardly 5 mts to reprint my Reschedule Interview letter. No questiones asked. The lady was very nice, she didn't ask anything. Thanks Bobsmyth!