Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Bobsmyth,
I agree completely. Its also the reason that the interviews don't necessarily happen in order. If it gets assigned to an officer who ends up with a lengthy case, then yours might get delayed. People near us had an earlier interview time. Someone went to check for them and they were told they were next. There were other people called before them (including me). They were next with the officer that got assigned their letter, not next overall.

As for me, as long as I left with an oath date, I was ready to wait all afternoon. After 8 years, an hour really doesn't matter much, does it?
We started the labor certification for 140 in October of 2000.

WooHoo!! Rescheduling letters arrived today! :D

New ID = 11/19/08 :cool:

Considering the folks who started after me and got rescheduled earlier confirms that they follow a haphazard process... :rolleyes:

If I had paid $675 for this lousy service, I would have been really mad! :mad:

Delay in reschedule letter

Yes, I did get a chance to talk to IO via phone. He was a nice guy and informed me about my Interview date and time, It is scheduled on Oct 10th at1 pm at Durham. I asked him what happens if I don't get my Reschedule letter before Oct 10th. His suggestion was to get Infopass and meet the IO and explain the situation, IO might be able to print the Duplicate letter. Keeping my fingers crossed. Any other suggestion in how to get the duplicate reschedule letter.

Yes, I did get a chance to talk to IO via phone. He was a nice guy and informed me about my Interview date and time, It is scheduled on Oct 10th at1 pm at Durham. I asked him what happens if I don't get my Reschedule letter before Oct 10th. His suggestion was to get Infopass and meet the IO and explain the situation, IO might be able to print the Duplicate letter. Keeping my fingers crossed. Any other suggestion in how to get the duplicate reschedule letter.

The only way to get a duplicate is to go to Infopass. There are plenty of appointment available before Oct 10th. Wait until next Friday ..if you don't receive letter by then request a copy via Infopass.

My IO told me over phone that if I hadn't received oath letter before oath, that all I needed to do is present GC and DL to security and they would let me in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to get a duplicate before oath is to go to Infopass. There are plenty of appointment available before Oct 10th. Wait until next Friday ..if you don't receive oath letter by then request a copy via Infopass.

My IO told me over phone that if I hadn't received oath letter before oath, that all I needed to do is present GC and DL to security and they would let me in.

I wish that I could get that far. No, I'm refering to my "Reschdule Interview letter". Does Durham office have the ability to print a duplicate interview letter.

Congrats, SafferJoe!

I still think that you were a victim of the dual A-file issue, considering that your new appointment is nearly 3 months after your original one.

I wish that I could get that far. No, I'm refering to my "Reschdule Interview letter". Does Durham office have the ability to print a duplicate interview letter.

Opps..my bad. ..but yes, I would say the same holds true for the IL letter since you have been already given the interview date.

Congrats, SafferJoe!

I still think that you were a victim of the dual A-file issue, considering that your new appointment is nearly 3 months after your original one.

Thanks, Vorpal. You could be right. But what the heck, I'm done with contorting my brains second-guessing those turkeys!

Congrats for beating Bob and me to the oath... ;)

Wow!!!! Everyone is getting their OD Awesome!!!! Congratulatons all.... Whome ever is there on the 2nd look for the girl with the third eye....Literally!!!:D

Wow!!!! Everyone is getting their OD Awesome!!!! Congratulatons all.... Whome ever is there on the 2nd look for the girl with the third eye....Literally!!!:D

Make sure to dust off any Tide powder that may be on your clothes..you wouldn't want security to have to interrogate you all over again :D

Good news for me 2! I got my new interview letter today for Nov 6th! in Durham!
A question for all:
I was charged with an offense in 1998 but not arrested. The case was dismissed by the DA. I fully disclosed all the details in my application, went down to the Wake county court and got a copy of my own criminal record and the resolution of the offense (dismissed) with the official seal of the Wake Country Court clerk. Is that enough for the interview? i sent that original document along with my N-400. Any help is appreciated since i don't wanna show up to the interview only to be told I had to bring some other document. Thanks!

The only way to get a duplicate is to go to Infopass. There are plenty of appointment available before Oct 10th. Wait until next Friday ..if you don't receive letter by then request a copy via Infopass.

Bobsmyth,

I think i wil face the problem. I spoke to an IO regarding my new interview date which has been set for Oct, 10 and i told him up today i have not got the interview notice, he adviced me just to show up Oct 10 with my GC and they will let me in. He said if he needs to request for a new notice, it will take up to 30 days to arrived:(

I would say that will be enough. Since you disclosed it on your N-400, USCIS will not accuse you of lying or hiding your background.

I think you should be fine. Just pray that you get a good IO.

WooHoo!! Rescheduling letters arrived today! :D

New ID = 11/19/08 :cool:

Considering the folks who started after me and got rescheduled earlier confirms that they follow a haphazard process... :rolleyes:

Congrats Safferjoe.. That leaves just me :(
Called the CS today and followed bobsmyth's policy. Spoke to an unfriendly lady IO who told me that the interview letter was mailed out on Sep 17th but wouldnt tell me when the date was. Apparently they cant tell that over the phone (but they can get the case # & address detials of the applicant & FROM THE APPLICANT OVER THE PHONE!! :mad:)

Nothing in mail today too. PLan to call and speak to the IO tomorrow again. Rather do an infopass and get the IL directly..
What are your thoughts??
Murali

Called the CS today and followed bobsmyth's policy. Spoke to an unfriendly lady IO who told me that the interview letter was mailed out on Sep 17th but wouldnt tell me when the date was. Apparently they cant tell that over the phone (but they can get the case # & address detials of the applicant & FROM THE APPLICANT OVER THE PHONE!! :mad:)

Nothing in mail today too. PLan to call and speak to the IO tomorrow again. Rather do an infopass and get the IL directly..
What are your thoughts??
Murali

Thanks, Murals. It's a real bummer waiting for these turkeys, isn't it? :mad:

They seem to be mass mailing all the rescheduling letters within a short time window, and if they say they mailed yours on September 17, yours should arrive soon. Mine was mailed on September 19. Let's just hope that the USPS doesn't act like USCIS when it comes to delivering your letter!

I would give it a couple more days, and then try an infopass if you don't live too far from Durham.

Good luck! :)

Thanks, Murals. It's a real bummer waiting for these turkeys, isn't it? :mad:

They seem to be mass mailing all the rescheduling letters within a short time window, and if they say they mailed yours on September 17, yours should arrive soon. Mine was mailed on September 19. Let's just hope that the USPS doesn't act like USCIS when it comes to delivering your letter!

I would give it a couple more days, and then try an infopass if you don't live too far from Durham.

Good luck! :)

Congrats SafferJoe, and good luck Murali!

What are your thoughts??
Murali

Keep calling until one of the IOs gives you the interview date.

What are your thoughts??
Murali

It looks like your case is just as mine. Per USCIS, emailed my reschedule interview letter on Sep 17th. I tried calling 3 to 4 times and then finally, got hold of a good guy who was very patience and told me my interview date.
I bet your interview would be same as mine which is Oct 10th. Anyways, I've scheduled an infopass on Monday. Probably, let's see what I get from that one.