Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Reschedule Letter..

I'm a newbie to this Forum. I'm on the same boat as others with regards to Deschedule letter. Recently, I've noticed people are getting the Reschedule letter. Today, Morning I spoke to a USCIS customer service regarding my case, she informed me that a reschedule letter was sent out on Sept 17th and till y'day I didn't recive it. I asked her whether she can find out details about my interview date but her answer was negative as she didn't have the access to look into my interview date. She has raised a request for "Reprint" of my interview letter and asked to wait for 4 weeks to get another one. I'm wondering what happens if my interview date is scheduled within 4 weeks. Can someone assist me how to get a reprint of my interview letter.

As Durham office is very closer to my office, I did go and meet the IO officer and explained the situation of my case. But he looked into the system and said nothing was sent to you from Durham office and asked to contact Texas center for more specific details or get an Infopass and come next week.

Can someone tell me how to create a signature..
  3. Interview Letter - August8th, 2008
  4. Deschedule Letter - August9th,2008[/COLOR]

Welcome desifan123..it sounds like you talked to a customer representative over the phone and not an IO. If so, call back USCIS , choose option 1-2-3 and tell rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received receipt number yet. That will trigger rep to transfer your call to an IO who can give you more specifics about your rescheduled interview.

As for signatuire creation, go to the signature link found under your profile under User CP

http://boards.immigration.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Seems Durham is different to Charlotte - when my wife did her oath last year, they were extremely liberal with cameras and taking photos. They welcomed photos, even during the actual oath and even invited photographers to stand anywhere they wanted during the ceremony to get the pictures they wanted.

I think it is because the DO is new. They don't have full understanding of some facts. oath ceremony is a public ceremony and it is the understanding that this is a unique and memorable moment in one's life. I don't want to go home with a picture of me standing alone in front of the building with a flag. i rather walk out with a photo of me, hand raised taking my oath. but it is OK. :D

I'm guessing they don't want people to disrupt the oath by camera flashes or that the DO has some security policy that forbids taking pictures of oath itself.

Sorry that you won't be taking oath with first lady..you can always make Infopass to see if they can reschedule you for the 6th ;)

Nooooooo. i don't want to reschedule my oath. :rolleyes:. you never know what can happen between October 1st and October 6th ;) and may be by the time I get to Durham to schedule it, October 6th may be full and may be the next one will be after October 10. :confused:

I am done! and Got oath letter same day as well

All,

I am done! my overall experience was wonderful.
I got oath letter soon after the interview. My oath is on 10/03/2008 at 10:30 AM.

This forum has been very useful to me. My special thanks to Bobsmyth, Fbanna. I hope and pray you guys get your oath letter soon.

Please let me know who else has oath on 10/03/2008. I would like to meet you guys at Durham office.

Good luck to all.

Newbie001.

Welcome desifan123..it sounds like you talked to a customer representative over the phone and not an IO. If so, call back USCIS , choose option 1-2-3 and tell rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received receipt number yet. That will trigger rep to transfer your call to an IO who can give you more specifics about your rescheduled interview.

As for signatuire creation, go to the signature link found under your profile under User CP

http://boards.immigration.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Thanks! Bobsmyth

All,

I am done! my overall experience was wonderful.
I got oath letter soon after the interview. My oath is on 10/03/2008 at 10:30 AM.

This forum has been very useful to me. My special thanks to Bobsmyth, Fbanna. I hope and pray you guys get your oath letter soon.

Please let me know who else has oath on 10/03/2008. I would like to meet you guys at Durham office.

Good luck to all.

Newbie001.
Congratulations Newbie001..glad you got oath letter right away. I'm still dumbfounded as to what method they are using to schedule oaths as there is no chronological order to their process.

Congratulations Newbie001..glad you got oath letter right away. I'm still dumbfounded as to what method they are using to schedule oaths as there is no chronological order to their process.

Probably the same method they use to schedule interviews in NYC!:rolleyes:

Newbie,

How can I collect my 1,000 bucks ? i bet right on your interview outcome, the same day oath letter, but i only missed the time by 30 minute. ;)

I was in fact talking about the time you will arrive at the Durham DO. I am sure you will arrive at 10:00 AM on the 3rd. :)

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1963075#post1963075

Can we make arrangement so i collect my 1,000 bucks ?? :D :D

If anyone wants a guess of his interview or oath date, please let me know. I will open my 3rd eye :cool:

Newbie,

How can I collect my 1,000 bucks ? i bet right on your interview outcome, the same day oath letter, but i only missed the time by 30 minute. ;)

I was in fact talking about the time you will arrive at the Durham DO. I am sure you will arrive at 10:00 AM on the 3rd. :)

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1963075#post1963075

Can we make arrangement so i collect my 1,000 bucks ?? :D :D

If anyone wants a guess of his interview or oath date, please let me know. I will open my 3rd eye :cool:

As soon as you pay up for not guessing my oath date correctly. :D

USCIS and order doesn't go well together. Both me and my wife 9:00 interview. I was called in at 9:15, my wife was called in at 10:20 and there were some other people waiting since 8:00 AM even when we both left. Go figure!!

But you will get your oath letter before the end of this week.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

USCIS and order doesn't go well together. Both me and my wife 9:00 interview. I was called in at 9:15, my wife was called in at 10:20 and there were some other people waiting since 8:00 AM even when we both left. Go figure!!

But you will get your oath letter before the end of this week.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

I already got copy of my oath letter..I had Infopass this morning and requested to have them schedule mine and my wife's oath on same day, which they eventually were able to do. Did your wife pass and get same oath date as well?

interview

I thought I posted this earlier but it doesn't seem to be here.

Interview scheduled for 1:40 yesterday (Sept. 24th). Everything went smoothly. We were done by 3:30. My wife's oath is on the 2nd and mine is on the 7th.

Interview scheduled for 1:40 yesterday (Sept. 24th). Everything went smoothly. We were done by 3:30. My wife's oath is on the 2nd and mine is on the 7th.

So finally, oath scheduling is a random process...........Oh I forgot, everything at USCIS is random.

Congrats KennyGH..if you want, you can do an Infopass to see if they can schedule you together on the 7th (Unless it doesn't matter for you).

I don't know if it was totally random. We were interviewed by the same person, about 20-30 minutes apart. By the time I was done, it was only a few minutes later that my wife's certificate was given to her. Up to that point, pretty much everyone was being told the second. I waited almost another hour for my letter and by that time, they were giving dates mainly in the range of the 6th and 7th. I guess the second filled up. The person who gave me my letter was different than the one who gave it to my wife. I guess it depends on who the case was assigned to and their workload. Other people waited longer than us, who had appointments scheduled for before us. Some people seemed to finish quicker.

As for trying to change the date, I don't really care at this point. Maybe I'll get a picture registering to vote....

I'm thinking that applications randomly go into different piles for scheduling oath, so even if a couple are interviewed by same IO on same day, the IO still has to put their applications in another pile (scheduling queue). Once in the scheduling queue, the application gets picked and assigned dates according to what person is scheduling them and for what day.

I already got copy of my oath letter..I had Infopass this morning and requested to have them schedule mine and my wife's oath on same day, which they eventually were able to do. Did your wife pass and get same oath date as well?

Yes! She did pass and got the oath letter for same date and time as mine.
Tomorrow is my mother's interview. She is 68 years old, not very fluent in English. She can understand (if the officer talks slowly) and answer all the questions. I hope they are kind and helpful. Her appointment is at 2:00 PM.

thanks,
Newbie001.