Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

I haven't been on this board in years. I have my citizenship interview tomorrow. N400 was sent to TSC in December. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Congratulations and good luck. :)
Let us know how the details of the interview.

Hey Guys,

I too was one of the victims of schedule/deschedule fiasco. Got my interview schedule letter yetserday for Oct 20th. Just verified that there was no deschedule letter in the mail box ;)

Thanks
Rajesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I too was one of the victims of schedule/deschedule fiasco. Got my interview schedule letter yetserday for Oct 20th. Just verified that there was no deschedule letter in the mail box ;)

Thanks
Rajesh

Wow.. Congratulations Rajesh. So is this interview earlier than before?
If you check the USCIS case status online, does it update with the notice date of interview letter? I have been checking it daily.. No change since my FP notice was sent.

Washburn I do have hope now. 45 minutes wait .. ANd i will get to know :)

Durham office. I live in Wake Forest. I've gone to Charlotte for everything else, so this is a nice change.

i just got my oath letter. It is for Wednesday October 1st 2008 at 02:30 PM. :D:D:D It is almost the end of a very long wait (Oh... it will be exactly 6 months) phone told me 08:00 AM last week.

I have a meeting at 02:00 PM, but I will try to cancel the meeting as i do not want to miss my oath for any reason.

Good luck to the rest of you. The wait may seem long, but the day you finish everything, you will feel like it was just two weeks.
;)

I just called USCIS and have been told that I have been scheduled for oath at Durham DO in October. The IO said she couldn't see the specific date, but that the oath letter was printed Sept. 22. So, it looks like I'll be in October 2nd or 3rd oath date.:)

I called USCIS just now and was told that they were sending out my oath letter today for the ceremony on Oct 6, 9 am.

i just got my oath letter. It is for Wednesday October 1st 2008 at 02:30 PM. :D:D:D It is almost the end of a very long wait (Oh... it will be exactly 6 months) phone told me 08:00 AM last week.

I have a meeting at 02:00 PM, but I will try to cancel the meeting as i do not want to miss my oath for any reason.

Good luck to the rest of you. The wait may seem long, but the day you finish everything, you will feel like it was just two weeks.
;)

For me, it is 2 years and 8.5 months.

So, i bet they will hold naturalization interviews everyday during the week of October 6th.

I couldn't believe just a week ago, that North Carolina will be moving so fast these days. It must be the big push in preparation for the elections.

With several here saying that IO over phone was able to give you oath date, I decided to call back USCIS this afternoon as the IO told me this morning they can't provide oath date. It turns out my oath date is October 6th at 1:30pm..so it looks like they have more than one oath scheduled for some days. Also, the IO said my oath letter was sent out today at 12:51pm. This is different from earlier IO that told me letter was sent out yesterday..oh well..leave it to USCIS to be inconsistent until the end. Interestingly enough, the IO told me if I don't get oath letter in time I can present myself with GC and DL to get in.(I don't know how that will fly with the security officers at the DO).

fbanna, sorry to say but you're out $2000..lucky for you they were rupees and not dollars :D

It turns out my oath date is October 6th at 1:30pm..so it looks like they have more than one oath scheduled for some days. Also, the IO said my oath letter was sent out today at 12:51pm.

Congratulation to all..
Nothing in mail for me today. Little disappointed. There is always tomorrow.

You'll get it Murals; I will keep checking on your status here everyday.
You're not alone...there are probably a lot of people who are going through the same thing who never post on the internet forums...

Let's all hope that you get it in a few days...or sooner!
keep updating here.
I;m keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya :)

You'll get it Murals; I will keep checking on your status here everyday.
You're not alone...there are probably a lot of people who are going through the same thing who never post on the internet forums...

Let's all hope that you get it in a few days...or sooner!
keep updating here.
I;m keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya :)

Thanks.. Feel like i have made a lot of friends...

Durham office. I live in Wake Forest. I've gone to Charlotte for everything else, so this is a nice change.

I live in Wake Forest too. It is so much better to drive 30 miles to the Durham DO than to Charlotte.
Good luck again..

;)

Congrats, fbanna! You call 6 months a long wait? ;)

Today marks 14 months exactly for me, and still no rescheduling letter... :mad:

Still, in comparison with rtp-waiting's timeline, I can't complain either.

long time thread reader... first time to post...

Hi to all. This would be my first time posting a comment, but my fiance and I have been following this thread since August 2008. Here is my timeline (courtesy of swiftswan):

May 12, 2008 - sent N400 to TSC (Raleigh/Durham DO)
June 11, 2008 - fingerprinting @ Durham DO
Aug 9, 2008 - received 1st IL (notice date Aug 4th) for Oct 31, 2008 interview @ Durham DO
Aug 11, 2008 - received De scheduling notice(notice date Aug 5th) :eek: :mad:
Sept 22, 2008 - received 2nd IL, Re schedule letter (notice date Sep 17th) :eek: for Nov 3, 2008 (3days forward from initial date)
Nov. 3, 2008 - interview, 10:40am @ Durham DO :D
oath date ??? :confused:

Hi to all. This would be my first time posting a comment, but my fiance and I have been following this thread since August 2008. Here is my timeline (courtesy of swiftswan):

May 12, 2008 - sent N400 to TSC (Raleigh/Durham DO)
June 11, 2008 - fingerprinting @ Durham DO
Aug 9, 2008 - received 1st IL (notice date Aug 4th) for Oct 31, 2008 interview @ Durham DO
Aug 11, 2008 - received De scheduling notice(notice date Aug 5th) :eek: :mad:
Sept 22, 2008 - received 2nd IL, Re schedule letter (notice date Sep 17th) :eek: for Nov 3, 2008 (3days forward from initial date)
Nov. 3, 2008 - interview, 10:40am @ Durham DO :D
oath date ??? :confused:

Thanks for the update, osen, and good luck! My rescheduling letter has to be in the mail soon! :cool:

:D:D

Finally, I got my oath scheduled on Oct 2nd at 1:30pm.

Here's how I got it -- I went to InfoPass again today(Sep 24th) in Durham DO . The IO told me that I am not in oath Q. I said it has been almost 120 days since I passed the interview (June 9th, 2008). The IO has a poker face but I believe he has a wonderful heart, because he asked me to wait in the room and sent my case to another office in the building. After 15 minutes of waiting, a lady came out and called my name, then gave me an oath letter for next Thursday.

Finally, finally, finally, I think can see the light now! :D Yeah!!!