Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

"Clerical error" is politically correct way of saying they fuc&#^ up and shouldn't have scheduled them in the first place due to resource management action.

You'll get the naturalization certificate after your oath ceremony. It starts with you turning in your oath invitation and green card, checking the cert's details (name, gender, DOB, height, marital status, country of birth), then signing it. At my ceremony last Friday, Judge Britt said that he usually hands each cert out personally, but we had 919 new citizens, so there was no way that was going to happen!

Thanks, PhishC.

Just came back from the Infopass session. There is no useful information on my case other than 'you MAY be placed on Sep 29th OC, or the beginning of Oct, but we don't know.'

I asked - did you send me OL before because I am afraid of the letter was lost since my interview was June 10th. They said no. So I asked if there is any reason my OC date is so late as there are many people who interviewed much later than me but got OC done last Friday. They said there is no reason, and they promised they do not pick names they like.

So, it's all random? It's so hard to keep positive with this agency.

Sometime you have to push a bit harder. I went to an Infopass this May and the black lady (forgot her name but the one at either the 2nd or 3rd window from the right) didn't tell me anything except saying all I needed to do was to wait, even after I had waited for well over two years. While I was exiting, I talked with an Asian-looking lady whose name is Kim I believe. She was very sympathetic and asked me to sit in the waiting area and she went inside to talk to someone. That black lady almost yelled at Kim telling her I had been served. After waiting in about 10 minutes, a gentleman came out and told me that my name check was cleared and I was in queue for interview.

I am not sure that first lady didn't have same access to the info or she just didn't bother to check. She wasn't helpful at all.

But when I took my 2nd FP at Durham DO, the people there were all nice and friendly.

I am looking forward to getting done with USCIS.

oops; I thought I only posted this in the other thread where he had the same post. apparently I had done it here, too :)

well, I was just curious (of course I didn't know he had a lawyer, etc) how/why someone would get such a letter.

Also, why did they say it's a "clerical error" which prompted the IV letters ? this totally negates the answer the IO gave you @ your infopass, Mural. (she told you that our IV letters were sent only actually after the people were really ready for IVs, which means name checks were cleared, ready for UV etc, but descheduled due to staffing issues). according to the e-mail he got, if it was a total clerical error, we all could still be in name check, and not ready for IV at all: which further means there's no sense in hoping for a REschedule letter soon, like your IO lady said, as we were not really scheduled, but scheduled in (clerical) error. (=not yet ready for IV; and the IV letter was a mistake)

I don't know which answer is the most accurate.... his email or your IO lady :)

and YAY! for me and a tap on my own shoulder for not getting my hopes up :D

For all thats worth now, I want to believe the IO lady. She mentioned during the session that many people have come with the deschd letters and this is the situation. Understaffing.
Also considering that another user in Charlotte link , almost same PD as mine, had his interview few days back makes me believe that I could have travelled the same timeline - meaning- they have cleared me from the name check list and I am eligible to be placed for interview. ""DUE TO THE GREAT UNDERSTAFFING ISSUE I AM NOT"" - Am not sure how else to look at it.
More info more confusion!
Murali

Last edited by a moderator:
The secret with USCIS is to let it go. Sometimes, the more information you search for, the more you confuse yourself. just let it go. it will come one day.:rolleyes:

The forum has been so quiet over the week end. it looks like everyone is realizing that it is better to let it go. ...

Thank you all for the tips on calling USCIS, I called and found a nice lady this time on the phone. However, she does not have OC information, though she filed a service request for me and gave me a confirmation number said I will be contacted for further information in 45 days.

So, I still don't know when I will get my OC...

--
Interview - June 9th, 2008
OC - don't know...

Did you try Infopass ? I think infopass will also help. At least, you can talk to someone at the Raleigh or Charlotte DO.

Did you try Infopass ? I think infopass will also help. At least, you can talk to someone at the Raleigh or Charlotte DO.

fbanna, I went to infopass last Wednesday in Durham, they don't have any information. Just say there will be an OC on Sep 29th, but don't know if I will be in there or not. :mad:

fbanna, I went to infopass last Wednesday in Durham, they don't have any information. Just say there will be an OC on Sep 29th, but don't know if I will be in there or not. :mad:

Sorry, i forgot. that is very confusing, and I understand how you may feel now. :mad::mad:

Has anyone received oath letter for the Sept 29 ceremony ? I have not receive any and i have lost hope since we are two weeks away from the ceremony. \

Does anyone know the exact date for the early october ceremony ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I got word yesterday from the Raleigh federal courthouse that Judge Britt doesn't have any other naturalization oaths planned for this year, so it looks like they will be held at DO and/or by another judge.

I got word yesterday from the Raleigh federal courthouse that Judge Britt doesn't have any other naturalization oaths planned for this year, so it looks like they will be held at DO and/or by another judge.

Hopefully, the DO has now authority to administer the oaths, which will make things much easier, I guess.

I just talked to an IO over the phone. I have been scheduled for an oath ceremony on the October 1st at 08:00 AM at the raleigh DO office. It looks like someone will be able to vote this year :D:D:D

I just talked to an IO over the phone. I have been scheduled for an oath ceremony on the October 1st at 08:00 AM at the raleigh DO office. It looks like someone will be able to vote this year :D:D:D

Congratulations fbanna79. Did they tell you when your IL was sent out?