Quick Notice for a second interview

assylum

Registered Users (C)
I received a call today fom the office and was told that I have a second interview. My lawyer can't make it because it is a quick notice and the interview is in 2 days.
They asked me if I want to re-schedule it if my lawyer won't be available. I told them that I don't want to re-schedule it and I may show up by myself.

My question is why did they give me such a quick notice and why do I have a second interview? Why didn't they send me a letter instead of calling me 2 days before the interview date.

Is this a sign of rejection or approval?

Is this a normal procedure? I haven't heard this process before.

As I mentioned before, on my first interview, I was interviewed by 2 officers and lasted about 45 minutes.

Do you think it is a risk if I go by myself without a lawyer?

Who knows!!!

For sure something critical to the decision of your case came up to the attention of the officer and possibly he/she did not cover that topic with you during your first interview then he/she (may be both the officers of the first interview) needs to seat down with you once more.
I guess that someone who knows the details of your case, your attorney for instance will be of big help.
The bottom line is, it could be about any thing. Only the officer knows!
How long are you been waiting for the AO decision? i e when was your first interview? The reason why I am asking it's because it's now 10 weeks that I am waiting for my decision and so far nothing.
Good luck.

For sure something critical to the decision of your case came up to the attention of the officer and possibly he/she did not cover that topic with you during your first interview then he/she (may be both the officers of the first interview) needs to seat down with you once more.
I guess that someone who knows the details of your case, your attorney for instance will be of big help.
The bottom line is, it could be about any thing. Only the officer knows!
How long are you been waiting for the AO decision? i e when was your first interview? The reason why I am asking it's because it's now 10 weeks that I am waiting for my decision and so far nothing.
Good luck.

I have been waiting for a decision for 2 months.

As per my understanding, they are allowed to do anything legal to decide your case. So that should not be taken as abnormal. I've heard many people who've been interviewed twice, especially in the time when they go to get their decision.
I would wait and go along with attorney. At least attorney can make note of what has been interviewed, just incase.....!

This is highly unusual.

Good luck.

This is why it makes me wonder what is going on with my case and why is it different from other people cases. I can't wait for my lawyer. I will go by msyself and God is always with me.

This is why it makes me wonder what is going on with my case and why is it different from other people cases. I can't wait for my lawyer. I will go by msyself and God is always with me.

i think you got approved, second interview is a good sign

I went for the second inteview. I waited almost 20 minutes until a different officer called my name and walked me to his office. He was a very very nice officer. He told me that the supervisor is not available today and he asked him to go through some basic stuff in my old files. He asked me some basic questions about some stuff that the other officers found in my file. Then he said that they will have to reconcile all the files and give me a decision within a month. He also asked me about my plans in the future. I hope that this is a good indicator of approval (Praise the lord).

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for the second inteview. I waited almost 20 minutes until a different officer called my name and walked me to his office. He was a very very nice officer. He told me that the supervisor is not available today and he asked him to go through some basic stuff in my old files. He asked me some basic questions about some stuff that the other officers found in my file. Then he said that they will have to reconcile all the files and give me a decision within a month. He also asked me about my plans in the future. I hope that this is a good indicator of approval (Praise the lord).

it looks like you got approved body

i do not think 2nd interview is unusual.....my case was pending for about 10 months...when i was first interviewed, there were 3 officers in the room (was told the other 2 were just being trained) and I didn't have lawyer at that time yet....then i got NOID...then I got NTA...then IJ sent my case back to AO...then my first AO had moved on and my case was in new AO... new AO didn't ask me to come for 2nd interview...because I made inquiry personally every 2-3 weeks...all the people there recognized me by name...the last time I went there, new AO came out and talked to me and asked few questions....then 2-3 days later, i got approval letter in the mail...
good luck....

i do not think 2nd interview is unusual.....my case was pending for about 10 months...when i was first interviewed, there were 3 officers in the room (was told the other 2 were just being trained) and I didn't have lawyer at that time yet....then i got NOID...then I got NTA...then IJ sent my case back to AO...then my first AO had moved on and my case was in new AO... new AO didn't ask me to come for 2nd interview...because I made inquiry personally every 2-3 weeks...all the people there recognized me by name...the last time I went there, new AO came out and talked to me and asked few questions....then 2-3 days later, i got approval letter in the mail...
good luck....

What was the reason that IJ sent your case back to AO?

My lawyer assistant called the asylum office early last week and was told that my case is under a supervisory review.

Does that mean that the initial officer already made a decision?

How long does it usually take the supervisor to review the case if the initial officer already made a decision? I check the mail everyday and the mail man already memorized my full name.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lawyer assistant called the asylum office early last week and was told that my case is under a supervisory review.

Does that mean that the initial officer already made a decision?

How long does it usually take the supervisor to review the case if the initial officer already made a decision? I check the mail everyday and the mail man already memorized my full name.

Yes it means that initial officer already made a decision.