Questions on support letter: software engineer title under CSA category

tn_software

I have a bachelors in CS. I am a bit concerned that the support letter is not entirely in layman's terms.

Question 1: This below para mentions "pipeline", "kafka" that is not so common knowledge. Should it be repurposed?

Due to the nature of the role, Ms. ABC may focus on different tasks on different days, making it difficult to determine the exact percentage of time, however we provide rough estimates below:
  • Be responsible for building new features, releasing, monitoring, testing, and expanding to new product areas, such as (65% of the time)
    • Refactoring the team's events streaming system
    • Researching, communicating, and developing new partner integrations to connect with the team's pipeline
    • Measuring and optimizing the Kafka pipeline
She was awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from XYZ. As part of her degree program, Ms. ABC completed relevant coursework, including: Mathematics I, II, III, Engineering Graphics, Computer Programming I, II, Technical Report Writing, Discrete Structures for Computer Science, Operating Systems, Theory of Computation, Computer Networks, Advance Computer Organization, Program Language and Compiler Construction, Data Base Systems, amount others.
In addition to her academic credentials, Ms. ABC possesses over 9 years work experience relevant to the offered role. <mention my role as Software Development Engineer, Senior software developer, Staff Software Engineer at various firms>
Question 2: Shall I ask the HR to remove computer programming courses as it is a buzz word that should be avoided?

Question 3: Should I also ask to remove the percentages so that the support letter doesn't seem over prepared?

Question 4: there is no mention of the start date. And the lawyer recommended not to carry the offer letter. So how would the CBP know what the start date is?

would like to employ Ms. ABC for a temporary three-year period to serve in the professional position of Computer Systems Analyst (internal title as Staff Software Engineer) at our office located in <>. She will be performing the responsibilities of a Computer Systems Analyst as described in USMCA Chapter 16 Appendix 2.

Your TN letter should describe your tasks of your position, in terms that match the DOL Occupational Handbook (your lawyers should know what that is), not company-specific internal-use terms. And the letter should say nothing about your qualifications. You provide the one necessary at the border: You bachelors in Comp Sci. You were offered the job, so are qualified in terms of what the company wants, The letter is for DHS to see if you and the job meet TN requirements. Period.

It was a recommendation somewhere that if the company can include how your qualifications help you do the job then it would be a plus point in the border interview. It doesn't harm to have it here so maybe I will keep it, apart from the computer programming course?

It was a recommendation somewhere that if the company can include how your qualifications help you do the job then it would be a plus point in the border interview. It doesn't harm to have it here so maybe I will keep it, apart from the computer programming course?
The border official will decide how the job duties relate to your qualification - so only include what is necessary in your TN letter. The company recommendation does not matter - what matters is the border agent's interpretation of how your degree matches your job duties. Keeping TN letter "short/to the point" is in your best interest.