questions about visit visa for my mother

purab2000

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Iam on H1B visa and Iam planning to invite my mother for a visit here this summer. Iam sending the sponsor documents like I134, bank statements, invitation letters etc etc...my mother is a widower ,she never worked anywhere and she stays with my brother in india, I also have 2 sisters who are married and they are also in india..Iam the only one from my family in US staying with my wife...there is not much property on mother's name, just a house and there is not much bank balance in her account...will there be any problems at the consulate when she goes for her visit visa? I have read in other threads that they are asking lot of documentation these days, could anyone please tell me what kind of specific documentation she has to take to consulate along with documents I sent? sponsor documents would be good enough? Please advise.I really appreciate it.
Thanks for the help in advance.

She has to show she has close ties to India. So far your description sounds like she might as well just pack up and move in with you, which is exactly what they are trying to prevent.

Hi Purab,
There should be no problems. My parents came to visit me in 2001 and then again in 2004. In 2004 they were granted a 10 yr visa automatically.
Just have her carry her doucments with her and that should do. If she acts too nervous or actually makes extra effort to show that she does not have any intention to move to the US then they will suspect that she is lying.
Just be cool, tell them that she is visiting her son and Daughter in law for a few months and then comming back.

Hope your mom has a good trip to the US.

my mother went to visa today and she got it..they didnt ask many questions i guess, just how many kids, who is where and how many are married..thats it..
thanks,

Hehe, like many older people, she'll probably get bored and homesick, so there shouldn't really be a fear of her moving to the US. That was the case with my grandparents, and many other older people I know.