Questions about invoke AC21 before 180x days

belacut

Registered Users (C)
My employer will not revoke my I140/I485. My I485 case filed 6/9/07 and the 180 days mark is on 12/5. Can I quit my first job like in Thanksgiving and getting on another one after 12/5?

Or can I work for my future employer as a part time and change it to a full time after 12/5?

My employer will not revoke my I140/I485. My I485 case filed 6/9/07 and the 180 days mark is on 12/5. Can I quit my first job like in Thanksgiving and getting on another one after 12/5? Or can I work for my future employer as a part time and change it to a full time after 12/5?

If you're certain the employer won't revoke the I-140, you can switch jobs before the 180 days are up, I just wouldn't notify USCIS.

AC 21 and Employment Letter Dates

If you're certain the employer won't revoke the I-140, you can switch jobs before the 180 days are up, I just wouldn't notify USCIS.

When we notify USCIS about the new job offer / employment letter, don't we have to put the date of new employment.

What happens if we sent the letter after 180 days but the employment date is before 180 days???

Please answer this, since it is very urgent.

Thanks,

RealCanadian, Thanks a lot.

I need little more than "nothing" . Could you please explain, what really you meant by "nothing"? Does that mean I am at low risk of jeopardizing my I-485? Does that mean that USCIS will not issue an RFE?

Also, this is a contract-hire position. Would that have any impact?

Please reply back at your earliest since I have to make the decision by EOD today?

Could you please explain, what really you meant by "nothing"? Does that mean I am at low risk of jeopardizing my I-485? Does that mean that USCIS will not issue an RFE?

I mean that the mere act of switching jobs on Day 179 instead of Day 181 will make no difference to your case. USCIS may still issue an RFE, they may still question whether your job is same or similar, etc. etc.

Please reply back at your earliest since I have to make the decision by EOD today?

Why do you subject important decisions to such an unreasonable time deadline?

I mean that the mere act of switching jobs on Day 179 instead of Day 181 will make no difference to your case. USCIS may still issue an RFE, they may still question whether your job is same or similar, etc. etc.

Why do you subject important decisions to such an unreasonable time deadline?

Thanks a lot RealCanadian. I have no answer to your question, things just happened really fast. I was interviewed last week and the company wants me to sign the offer letter today.

I was hoping that the Company B won't come back until 2 weeks from now, but it just happened so fast. I still have to two weeks of notice and couple of more days before notice, but once we give the notice, it would be hard to undo it.

Really appreciate your response.

Thanks a lot RealCanadian. I have no answer to your question, things just happened really fast. I was interviewed last week and the company wants me to sign the offer letter today.

I was hoping that the Company B won't come back until 2 weeks from now, but it just happened so fast. I still have to two weeks of notice and couple of more days before notice, but once we give the notice, it would be hard to undo it.

Really appreciate your response.

I have the similar situation question. Are you asking your Comp B to file H1 transfer. In that case, they will have to file your H1 transfer before 180 days even though you are planning to join them on 185 th day or so. This is anoter question, where is it ok ??

AC 21 and H1-Transfer

I have the similar situation question. Are you asking your Comp B to file H1 transfer. In that case, they will have to file your H1 transfer before 180 days even though you are planning to join them on 185 th day or so. This is anoter question, where is it ok ??

I am not sure if we have to transfer before 180 days. May be RealCanadian can help.

Are you talking about using AC21 for H1-transfer or I-140 transfer or just using EAD? Most of the companies do not want to do H1 transfer if they find that you have EAD.

I was thinking of transferring H1 to my own company (which I haven't started yet). Not sure if this is possible either???

Regards,

I am not sure if we have to transfer before 180 days. May be RealCanadian can help.

Are you talking about using AC21 for H1-transfer or I-140 transfer or just using EAD? Most of the companies do not want to do H1 transfer if they find that you have EAD.

I was thinking of transferring H1 to my own company (which I haven't started yet). Not sure if this is possible either???

Regards,
It's about H1 transfer. Lets say comp B is ready to do H1 transfer. I think you are not doing transfer rather using EAD.