• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question regarding name change! DV Lottery 2015.

Hi everyone, please suggest me regarding the wrong date entry on Ds260...

Actually I submit my DS260 with the wrong exit month of my husband from Malaysia . Now I am worried If this will raise question in interview.

Please suggest

Dear mom,
Brit gave me already his answer for this matter. I wanna know your answer.am from srilanka.I fill my e dv first name x middle name y surname z .my birth certificate also my name appears like XYZ I had 2 prior passport name also appears XYZ but my current passport my name appears AXYZ. Because A is our GE name.in srilanka we have option we can choose name with or without GE name.my educational and marriage certificate my name appears AXYZ.I fill DS 260 like AXYZ(name match my current passport) I contact srilankan passport office(now am working in Qatar)they I can change my name XYZ.I wanna know your opinion for this matter?

Dear mom,
Brit gave me already his answer for this matter. I wanna know your answer.am from srilanka.I fill my e dv first name x middle name y surname z .my birth certificate also my name appears like XYZ I had 2 prior passport name also appears XYZ but my current passport my name appears AXYZ. Because A is our GE name.in srilanka we have option we can choose name with or without GE name.my educational and marriage certificate my name appears AXYZ.I fill DS 260 like AXYZ(name match my current passport) I contact srilankan passport office(now am working in Qatar)they I can change my name XYZ.I wanna know your opinion for this matter?

You haven't asked any specific question, outside of wanting to know my opinion. Precisely what is/are your question/s?

Dear mom,

What's a GE name?

Dear mom,

Mom,
I need to know my name difference effect to get visa.is it reason for visa denial?

You should be okay with listing X as first name Y as middle name and Z as surname. Then list A in the section for other names used and you should be okay.

Mom , sorry am again my current passport my names appears AXYZ.I can change my passport in December (when am back to srilanka)as XYZ(its match my edv)I already fill DS 260 my name as AXYZ.if I unlock my DV 260 and change my name as XYZ and A as other name ,is am made a problem, are they think am doing fraud?

Mom , sorry am again my current passport my names appears AXYZ.I can change my passport in December (when am back to srilanka)as XYZ(its match my edv)I already fill DS 260 my name as AXYZ.if I unlock my DV 260 and change my name as XYZ and A as other name ,is am made a problem, are they think am doing fraud?

I already told you you will be fine if you list "A" under other names. Anyway, yes you may do that if you wish.

I also have a problem with my friend. he won the dv lottery but his principal name was Amankwaah but all his document and passports bears the name Amankwaa. what should he do now.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks for all above informations please help me on below;

After the DV entry form was submitted last year, two of my kids' had gone through name alterations [under the 13th column in Sri Lanka Birth certificate] recently via the relevant Divisional Secretariat Office in Sri Lanka.
At the time of submitting the form names were different from current and I would like to know which names to be used, the older or the newer after amendment on the DS-260 form.

Thanks in advance

Hi Sm1smom,

Thanks for all above informations please help me on below;

After the DV entry form was submitted last year, two of my kids' had gone through name alterations [under the 13th column in Sri Lanka Birth certificate] recently via the relevant Divisional Secretariat Office in Sri Lanka.
At the time of submitting the form names were different from current and I would like to know which names to be used, the older or the newer after amendment on the DS-260 form.

Thanks in advance

List them with their new names on your DS260 form. On your kids’ 260 forms, also list their new names, however be sure to list the previous names on the “Other Names” section of the form also.

I have a question related to my spouse name while filing up the ds-260 form where it limits the characters of the given name. she has 4 names[words] under given names so that i can only enter up to the middle of her 4th name[word]. what should I do in this case?