Question For Refugee Travel Document

Business

Nobody knows what's happening in my life and my life doesn't need to be on a cover of a magazine. This is a family issue!!! Done! Satisfied?
Like I said MY FINANCES are non of your business!
"However, the fees to get a Green Card are really expensive and I personally don't have that amount of money"

just a flight tickert to Norway, min. $1,200.00(peak season)not including travel related expences.
cost for I-485 application(green card) $1,010.00

Really interesting.

Yah you can go to Norway and come back... no problem!

Still, I REALLY RECOMMEND you apply for your GC as soon as you can.

gandrud,
You are saying that you are able to pay for a trip to Europe but you can not pay the GC fees. You already want to be a burden on USCIS and the tax payers. Shame on you. You should pay the GC fees because you can afford it. If you can't afford it, then you will not plan to travel to Europe.

Hello everyone!

I was granted asylum in July 2011 and in September I applied for my Refugee Travel Document. I have never been here ilegal. I went from Student Status "F1" straight to "asylee status".

According to the law, an asylee is able to apply to for his/her permanent status "Green Card" a year later after being granted. However, the fees to get a Green Card are really expensive and I personally don't have that amount of money.

I recently booked a two week trip to Norway for the first week of August 2012 and I"ve gotten a "Schengen Visa" which is required for those using the RTD. "Except Germany"

My question is: On July 20th will be one year since I was granted asylum, remembering "I don't have money for the fees to apply for my GC". Will I have problems flying back to the United States by using only the RTD without the Green Card?

Thank you so much!

The trip to Europe could be for any number of reasons, so I don't think we should judge that. Maybe gandrud has family there and needs to visit. There are refugees and asylees in Norway, too. I hope you have friends or relatives there, gandrud, because Norway is a hole into which your money drops, and never returns...

fAMILY

gandrud,
You are saying that you are able to pay for a trip to Europe but you can not pay the GC fees. You already want to be a burden on USCIS and the tax payers. Shame on you. You should pay the GC fees because you can afford it. If you can't afford it, then you will not plan to travel to Europe.

My FINANCES ARE NON of your business! It's a family issue!!! And my family is paying for my ticktes!!!
Mind your OWN Business...If your mother or father is sick I will say "USE YOUR MONEY FOR YOUR CITIZENSHIP AND LEAVE YOUR MOTHER AT THE HOSPITAL"...Citizenship is more important, YEAH RIGHT!

My FINANCES ARE NON of your business! It's a family issue!!! And my family is paying for my ticktes!!!

It is my business because I am a TAX PAYER and you are asking the tax payers to pay for your application fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to apply for RTD with i485 recently approved, in the instructions form for i-131 page 8 it says,

If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole or for a Refugee Travel Document on Form I-131. You may file Form I-131 for advance parole or for a Refugee Travel Document together with your Form I-485, or you may submit Form I-131 for Advance Parole or a Refugee Travel Document at a later date

Do i have to pay the fee or just attach the i-797 fee receipt from I485 and send it with i-131? I don't see anything in the instructions about having a pending i485 to be able to not pay the fee for i-131 RTD.

Was going to apply for RTD with i485 recently approved, in the instructions form for i-131 page 8 it says,

If you filed Form I-485 on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole or for a Refugee Travel Document on Form I-131. You may file Form I-131 for advance parole or for a Refugee Travel Document together with your Form I-485, or you may submit Form I-131 for Advance Parole or a Refugee Travel Document at a later date

Do i have to pay the fee or just attach the i-797 fee receipt from I485 and send it with i-131? I don't see anything in the instructions about having a pending i485 to be able to not pay the fee for i-131 RTD.

You are now an LPR and have to pay the fee.

You are now an LPR and have to pay the fee.
Who says that? You? The instruction was quoted ans it says, if you filed you I485 after july 2007 you do not need to pay the fees, since you already paid them. But since RTD is valid for 1 year, I guess you have to pay the fees for your next RTD.