Question about Social Security Income?

d_1982

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i just want to know if you are on Social Security Income which tax forms do you file it under? such as W2 or 1040 or something else? does any one knows about this?

can you get the copy of those tax returns from previous years from IRS?

how many years tax return they want to see? what is required by u.s embassy overseas? just one yr or 2-3?

Thanks.

W-2 is not a form that you file for tax purposes. 1040 is.
yes, you can request tax transcripts for the previous 3 years, I believe.

Thank for your reply.

so if you file *Social Security Income Taxes* under 1040 can you still bring your spouse to U.S?

Thanks LucyMo:)

i heard that if you are on social security income you dont file taxes at all nor 1040 or any other kind, is that true?

what if you are on SSI since last 8 yrs and didn't had to file the taxes for those 8 years what shall we show to embassy that he filed the taxes from previous years even thou he was on SSI since last 8 yrs?

some one please reply back:mad:

no, i found out today that retired citizen dont need to file 1040 or pay any taxes on SSI so now i only want to know that what should we show to embassy even thou he's been on SSI since last 8 yrs and doesn't had to file any taxes.

no, i found out today that retired citizen dont need to file 1040 or pay any taxes on SSI so now i only want to know that what should we show to embassy even thou he's been on SSI since last 8 yrs and doesn't had to file any taxes.

Proof that he has the necessary income. Doesn't SS send you a record of the checks?

so you are saying use "record of the checks" as tax papers?

will checks stubs or direct bank deposits will be enough or accepted by embassy?

Thanks for reply.