Question about signature on naturalization certificate

We had our interview in Feb 2009 and out Oath was in March, we were asked to sign (Not the full name) on the photos during out interview and on our Oath we were asked to sign the Oath Certificate like we did on the photos.
My friend had his interview and Oath on May 2008 and they were instructed to write their complete name. Looks like the rules changed recently.

I think the new rules went into effect sometime in June of last year.

AP

I am little confused how I signed the back of my picture at the interview.

Will I be able to find it at oath ceremony?

You sign the front of the pictures not the back. You will be able to see the signed picture at the oath.

When is your oath?

AP

I will be a little off topic, but I have a question concerning signing the pictures. At my interview, I was not asked to sign the front of the pictures. Do you think I should worry? It seems that everybody posting here was asked to do so, except for me :(

I will be a little off topic, but I have a question concerning signing the pictures. At my interview, I was not asked to sign the front of the pictures. Do you think I should worry? It seems that everybody posting here was asked to do so, except for me :(

I wasn't asked either, but it was because I asked for a name change.
Did you ask for a name change?

This sheet explains how to sign the Nat Cert and photograph. Its handed out
by the Milwaukee DO at the oath ceremony

This sheet explains how to sign the Nat Cert and photograph. Its handed out
by the Milwaukee DO at the oath ceremony

Strange they would hand out instructions on where to sign photos at oath considering the IO instructs you where to sign at interview, and keeps the photos for the certificate.

My oath is coming up soon. Anyone w/ a name change that can tell me what the procedure is? I didn't sign my pictures at the interview. thx

Strange they would hand out instructions on where to sign photos at oath considering the IO instructs you where to sign at interview, and keeps the photos for the certificate.

Well guess what! They are disorganized as ever! By the time the effect of these memos trickle down to the trenches of the USCIS, there might be another one coming out, to create more confusion.

Why are we surprised?

AP