Q4 (OCT-DEC) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

Its a little too early. Give it atleast a month after FP.

I am also waiting for il, every day checking online status but not changing going to crazy:confused
my time line is:Atlanta GA D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application texas
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/12/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/23/09 Fingerprint Completed
1/29/09 duplicate notice latter recived
XXXXXXX Interview Notice Letter
XXXXXXX Interview Date
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Recieved
XXXXXXX Oath Taking Ceremony

NBC*000022XXX
This gives an insight into the current rate of filings because I filed on Dec 1 and my case number is in the low 2000s - about 20000 less than yours. (Interestingly, although I got what must be a new process number, my case wasn't forwarded as part of the lockbox trial). Therefore, it looks like they are currently receiving somewhat over 20000 N400s per month. This equates to an average of about 250 cases per DO per month, though, of course, some offices will be well above this average.

dms1

Have you received you IL and which is your DO
DO is Dallas.

I have not received my interview date, but I did have to reschedule my fingerprints from 12/30 to 1/31 so I expect that pushed everything back a month.

I did however receive a yellow letter from the NBC telling me to take my driving licence and arrest record to the interview. I have never been arrested but did declare a couple of dismissed speeding tickets which is covered by the same question on the N400. I assume this letter is auto-generated based on the tick boxes.

Alien 1

I had posted my details-here they are again

Still waiting for IL

Regards

Rox

Phoenix D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/9/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/13/09 Fingerprint Completed Walk In-FP Date Jan22
XXXX

Thanks.

DO is Dallas.

I have not received my interview date, but I did have to reschedule my fingerprints from 12/30 to 1/31 so I expect that pushed everything back a month.

I did however receive a yellow letter from the NBC telling me to take my driving licence and arrest record to the interview. I have never been arrested but did declare a couple of dismissed speeding tickets which is covered by the same question on the N400. I assume this letter is auto-generated based on the tick boxes.
Update to my status.

I received my IL today for March 20. Therefore, contrary to what I expected, it doesn't appear that the month delay in fingerprinting actually delayed my case overall.

Does anyone know if the new Dallas DO in Irving does same-day oaths?

My N-400 details.

D/O : Durham, NC
12/30/08 : N-400 mailed to Texas Service Center.
12/31/08 : Forwarded to Lewisville, TX lockbox.
01/02/09 : USPS mail delivered
01/08/09 : Check cashed
01/09/09 : NOA received.
01/15/09 : FP notice received.
01/15/09 : FP completed.
01/28/09 : Duplicate NOA received.
xx/xx/09 : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 : Interview Date.
xx/xx/09 : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/09 : Oath Date.

What's up with detroit?

I had FP walk in' done 12/24/08 with NC cleared but no IL yet. Detroit is generally quick but no one has posted updates recently.

I am thinking of doing an infopass since it is almost 90 days since NOA and 2 months since FP.

Anybody from detroit received IL lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview letter received

See signature for details. I'm trying to find out the 2009 oath dates for Houston and having difficulty to do so. Anybody knows where to find that? Thanks!

IL received.

Self
11/04/08 : N-400 Mailed to TSC
11/05/08 : N-400 Recd. by TSC
11/10/08: Check Cashed
11/06/08 : Received Date
11/06/08 : Priority Date
11/10/08 : Notice Date
11/17/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (365 Days)
11/21/08: FP Notice
11/29/08: FP Date
2/9/09: Interview letter
3/26/09: Interview Date
??: Oath Letter
??: Oath Date

Spouse
11/04/08 : N-400 Mailed to TSC
11/05/08 : N-400 Recd. by TSC
11/10/08: Check Cashed
11/06/08 : Received Date
11/06/08 : Priority Date
11/10/08 : Notice Date
11/17/08 : I797C NOA Received: Transferred to NBC (365 Days)
11/21/08: FP Notice
11/28/08: FP Date
2/9/09: Interview letter
3/26/09: Interview Date
??: Oath Letter
??: Oath Date

Passed the interview, Fairfax, Virginia

Hello All
Yesterday myself and wife finished citizenship interview at the Fairfax, VA office and both passed the interview. Now waiting for the oath letters. According to the officer who interviewed my wife, they stopped conducting the oath ceremony on the same date or next day in the Fairfax office.

Our interview time for both was 1.40 PM and we reached there around 1.15 PM. We parked our vehicle behind the USCIS office building by paying $5.00 for parking. We parked on the 6th floor which had many empty spaces. After leaving our cell phones in the car we came down to the ground floor of the parking and entered the USCIS building just opposite to the parking lot.

Entered the USCIS building and passed the security after screening and also we shown our interview letter. The security asked us to go to the 2nd floor.

We used the elevator to go the 2nd floor and enter the waiting area. There were around 200 people in the waiting area, including infants, parents and companions. I don not know how other companions entered the hall.

I think we reached the hall around 1:30 PM and handed over the letter at the reception. Even our interview time was 1:40 PM my wife’s name was called at 1:30 PM by one lady American Officer!! My wife followed the officer and she came out with in 15 minutes with big smile.
She told her interview was held with very comfortable and friendly environment. She had been told to wait for 2-3 weeks to get the oath letter.

The question asked to my wife were
1. What is the highest court of the US?
2. Who makes federal laws?
3. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
4. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. Name of the current vice president of the US
6. What is one reason colonists came to America?

I was called in around 2:00 Pm by a Chinese lady.
After greeting I entered the officer’s room. She asked raise my hand and swear.
She told one big sentence, I just said “Yes, I Do”.

She asked me take out Drivers License, Green Card and passport.

After I seated, the officer opened Citizenship file. Later in order to conduct English read and write test gave a printed paper with a sentence “How many senators are there in the US senate.” She asked me to read. I read it.
There was a bank line after the sentence. She told me to write “There are 100 senators in the US senate”. Thus, I passed the Reading/Writing tests.

Later she asked six questions and I answered all correctly.

1. Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?
2. Which are 2 important political parties in the US?
3. Name one state that borders Mexico.
4. Who was the president during the World War I
5. Name any two original states.
6. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s.
Later she went through all entries of N-400 application.

I had one [25 Speed limit)/34(My speed)] speeding ticket in the year 2007. I went to the court and paid fine, but no points were added in my driving record. I never mentioned about the ticket in the application. But I had the receipts of payment with me. She never asked about citation/ traffic tickets and I never disclosed about it myself.

I made one mistake in the application of my foreign trip. Instead of 2005, I had written 2004.
After looking at the passport she told did you visited outside country in 2005 too?
Then I found the error and she corrected the application as 2005.

Asked me to sign N-4000 application in 2 different locations and on 2 photos.

I also asked for my name change in the original application. She told if that is the case it takes 4 to 8 weeks and the ceremony will be held in the Alexandria court not in the same office.
So she printed my new name and all details and asked me to verify and sign.

Later she sealed in read color “APPROVED”.

She filed out N-652 Form with 2 tick marks stating passed all the tests and Congratulations message”

This is my interview experience; I think I was in the office for around 15-20 minutes.

Now I am waiting for my oath letter.

We wish good luck to all fellow applicants.
Naani

See signature for details. I'm trying to find out the 2009 oath dates for Houston and having difficulty to do so. Anybody knows where to find that? Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I had my interview in Houston on Feb 3. My oath ceremony is on March 4th (got the oath letter on the interview date itself).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I had my interview in Houston on Feb 3. My oath ceremony is on March 4th (got the oath letter on the interview date itself).

Hi, good to know that you got your interview letter on the same day. Did you ask for that or the DO volunteered to do so? Thanks!

I have a question. Are you required to ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS CORRECTLY?? or are you allowed to get some wrong!?