Q4 (OCT-DEC) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

Thanks ncgirl. I will keep you updated.
My dates are a little before yours but I still have not received my IL. Can you or anyone suggest what I can do?. If I call up customer service will I get an answer as to the delay. Do I need to do a Infopass?. Am I allowed to do a infopass now or do I have to wait 90 days from receipt date. Here are my dates. Can someone HELP???

D/O : Chicago
11/24/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
11/28/08 : Receipt Date.
12/09/08 : FP Notice Received
12/24/08 : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

My dates are a little before yours but I still have not received my IL. Can you or anyone suggest what I can do?. If I call up customer service will I get an answer as to the delay. Do I need to do a Infopass?. Am I allowed to do a infopass now or do I have to wait 90 days from receipt date. Here are my dates. Can someone HELP???

D/O : Chicago
11/24/08 : N-400 Mailed to Nebraska Service Center.
11/28/08 : Receipt Date.
12/09/08 : FP Notice Received
12/24/08 : FP Appointment.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date.

it sounds like your FBI name check is delaying your IL - check the online status and let us know what it says, error or received and pending? do you have a common name? how long did it take you to get your GC once applied?
You can go to Infopass anytime - I would recommend calling the 1800 number and try to speak to a 2nd level IO. people said you can say you sent your application 30 days back and never got a receipt and you will be transferred once you get transfer ask the 2nd Level IO about you case status. they have access to your file, customer service reps that answer the phones use the same website we do so they are no help.

Keep us updated and let us know the outcome.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, good to know that you got your interview letter on the same day. Did you ask for that or the DO volunteered to do so? Thanks!

They were giving oath letters to everyone who passed the interview. Did not need to ask for one.

Ok so i called the 800 # today and had them transfer me to the IO. I was told my name check is pending hence no IL as yet. I am hoping this time around it gets cleared soon unlike my GC one which took more than a yr. Keeping the hope alive.

mnq_n400

Ok so i called the 800 # today and had them transfer me to the IO. I was told my name check is pending hence no IL as yet. I am hoping this time around it gets cleared soon unlike my GC one which took more than a yr. Keeping the hope alive.
mnq_n400

How do you get to talk to someone who knows the specifics going on in your case? Every time I called the representative won't transfer me to higher level, and the keep reading the same message I have access to on the uscis case status online.
Can anyone please tell me some tricks?
I still have not received my finger print notice, I would like to know what is really going on.

DoxATL,

I called the 800 # and told the customer service that I hadnt received the NOA notice as yet and would like to be transferred to an IO. I didnt get any grief about getting transferred.

Thanks,

mnq_n400

How do you get to talk to someone who knows the specifics going on in your case? Every time I called the representative won't transfer me to higher level, and the keep reading the same message I have access to on the uscis case status online.
I still have not received my finger print notice, I would like to know what is really going on.

DoxATL,

You and I have almost the same timeline - you should have done your finger print already by now - call and say you got disconnect while you were being transferred to an IO and ask them to transfer you - If they ask why were you being transferred, you could either say no NOA or simply say - I have already gone through this before and say could u just transfer me.

Let us know whats going on with your case

You are not alone. I have a priority date of Jan 6th and notice date of Jan 8th, no FP letter still. How fast you receive a FP really depends on your D/O. Mine is Seattle. I called the 800# too, and I was told to wait till 60 days after my first NOA... I didn't get transferred to higher level though..... keep us posted when you get more news....

it sounds like your FBI name check is delaying your IL - check the online status and let us know what it says, error or received and pending? do you have a common name? how long did it take you to get your GC once applied?
You can go to Infopass anytime - I would recommend calling the 1800 number and try to speak to a 2nd level IO. people said you can say you sent your application 30 days back and never got a receipt and you will be transferred once you get transfer ask the 2nd Level IO about you case status. they have access to your file, customer service reps that answer the phones use the same website we do so they are no help.

Keep us updated and let us know the outcome.
Thanks

I called and got talking to the customer service. They gave the same standard statements. When I told them that there were others in the same field office with a receipt date after me who had got the interview letter and I had not got mine they said that each case is different. blah blah blah. Another thing I heard from my friends who had got their citizenship a year ago was that if someone had a local address in Chicago they would get the letter earlier whereas others are sent in a batch. They told me that from my place it takes 2 to 3 months after fingerprint for IL. So I am just waiting and not sure what else to do.

Fingerprint done, IL not received... 60+days

Hi,

My wife and I did our citizenship application together. We got our FP appointments the same day (end of Nov) - see timelines below, but since then, I am almost done with my citizenship process and her case has not moved.

So far, we have not got no IL for her. We got a letter in Jan saying that she should bring more information to the interview (get drivers license, traffic tickets and birth certificate of any children born in the US).

She went to a infopass (Jan-27), and they told her that the letter was because they could not read her fingerprints and she should get all that additional information to the interview. The guy at the Infopass window also said that typically when you get such a letter, they schedule you for an interview soon. Its almost the second half of Feb and still no interview letter. When I check the status of the case online it says "This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location".

Any suggestions / comments as to what we can do to get more information on her case?

Waiting patiently in Columbus, OH.
KO

My Dates:
D/O : Columbus, OH
10/27/08 : N-400 Mailed.
10/30/08 : N-400 Received
11/02/08 : Check cached
11/05/08 : FP Notice Received.
11/22/08 : FP Done.
12/09/08 : Interview Letter.
01/29/09 : Interview
02/07/09 : Oath Letter
03/03/09 : Oath Ceremony

My spouse's Dates:
D/O : Columbus, OH
10/27/08 : N-400 Mailed.
10/30/08 : N-400 Received
11/02/08 : Check cached
11/05/08 : FP Notice Received.
11/22/08 : FP Done.
01/20/09 : Additional Info Letter received
??/??/?? : IL
??/??/?? : Interview
??/??/?? : Oath Letter
??/??/?? : Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no fingerprint

You are not alone. I have a priority date of Jan 6th and notice date of Jan 8th, no FP letter still. How fast you receive a FP really depends on your D/O. Mine is Seattle. I called the 800# too, and I was told to wait till 60 days after my first NOA... I didn't get transferred to higher level though..... keep us posted when you get more news....

Thanks everyone for your responses.
I called the 800# and I got to talk a higher level guy. I started with the same stuffs you have to wait etc,
I insisted that he find out if anything is wrong.
He told me that I will get a correpondance with an answer. Few days later, I received an email that says:
"The status of this service request is:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

So basically it is the same thing just to wait.
Did anyone in the same situation get any news yet?

Updated Timeline

Updated timeline :
01/10/09 : NOA Received.
01/21/09 : FP Notice Received.
01/29/09 : FP Completed.
02/17/09 : Interview Letter.
04/01/09 : Interview Date.