Q2 (Apr-June) 2008 N400 Filers Tracker

Got naturalized yesterday (09/24/08) at Newark NJ DO. The interview took less that 10 minutes, was a pleasant experience. IO asked 6 civics questions and asked me to write a simple sentence. Then she went over my application and asked some questions. When she asked if I was ever arrested I told her I was never arrested but had a couple of minor traffic tickets, and gave her the court disposition reports. I think it was not necessary, but just a CYA. The entire interview was professional and to the point.
Then I waited for an hour and a half before I signed the naturalization certificate and another couple of hours for the simple oath ceremony that lasted half hour.
The whole process was relaxed.

My advice to the applicants would be to take the process in your stride if there are no complications in your case, ie. no residency requirement issues or criminal records. However be prepared with the documents though you may never be asked for them. I also find that processing times have improved of late.

My thanks to the forum gurus who gave me a good perception about the process. Hope all of you get naturalized soon.

Got naturalized yesterday (09/24/08) at Newark NJ DO. The interview took less that 10 minutes, was a pleasant experience. IO asked 6 civics questions and asked me to write a simple sentence. Then she went over my application and asked some questions. When she asked if I was ever arrested I told her I was never arrested but had a couple of minor traffic tickets, and gave her the court disposition reports. I think it was not necessary, but just a CYA. The entire interview was professional and to the point.
Then I waited for an hour and a half before I signed the naturalization certificate and another couple of hours for the simple oath ceremony that lasted half hour.
The whole process was relaxed.

My advice to the applicants would be to take the process in your stride if there are no complications in your case, ie. no residency requirement issues or criminal records. However be prepared with the documents though you may never be asked for them. I also find that processing times have improved of late.

My thanks to the forum gurus who gave me a good perception about the process. Hope all of you get naturalized soon.

I have two traffic icket in the past and an accident. Do I have to get the documents from the court or is it ok to have the DMV driver history record

I have two traffic icket in the past and an accident. Do I have to get the documents from the court or is it ok to have the DMV driver history record

Take both of them. Again it would depend on the IO - there are conflicting reports in the forums as to how IOs look at minor traffic tickets. I guess your accident was minor too.

Today at 1.00 pm I had oath ceremony and there was 35 people and it took One hour and 30 minutes to complete the process. Finally I am US Citizen.

The whole process right from mailing N 400 to Oath have been completed in 102 days.

All of you who had shared their views and suggestions in this forum, I thank you one and all for their support. Also I wish those are waiting for Interview and Oath.

Thanks once again to all of you.

Narayana7

Here is my Timeline -

N-400 - Sent 06/14/2008
Received at TSC on 06/17/2008
Check cashed on 06/18/2008
NOA received- 06/26/2008
PD- 06/17/2008
FP-Notice received 06/27/2008
FP - Scheduled on 07/10/2008
FP - Completed on 07/10/2008
IL - Notice Date 07/22/2008
IL - Appointment 08/28/2008
Oath Letter Received 09/08/2008
Oath completed on 09/24/2008
Applied Passport on 09/26/2008
Passport Received on 10/03/2008
Next: OCI

Congrats to all with have completed oath ceremony successfully and best wishes to remaining who are ready to take Interview and Oath.

Narayana7

Received my passport today (normal processing) - says the world is mine!
Many thanks to the gurus like Bobsmyth, Vorpal, Fbanna and the moderators of the forum. You are the invisible friends to thousands of applicants who have benefited from your knowlegde and experience.
I will continue to visit the forum regularly and make a little contribution from what I have learnt so far.

Congrats :)

Also recieived my passport today, normal service after applying on Sept 26th. also awaiting return of nat certificate and passport card.

Good luck to all Q2s still in limbo...

Received my passport today (normal processing) - says the world is mine!
Many thanks to the gurus like Bobsmyth, Vorpal, Fbanna and the moderators of the forum. You are the invisible friends to thousands of applicants who have benefited from your knowlegde and experience.
I will continue to visit the forum regularly and make a little contribution from what I have learnt so far.

inque for Oath Ceremony

I called the toll free number and was told that I was place inque for oath on the 28th of September. Does anyone has any idea how long does it take to get an actual oath letter?

has anyone ever heard of this?

Congratuations for new citizens. Now you can truely call this land your home. I have a big question about the orth ceremony for you guys. Do you have to submit your greencard. Is there anyway you can keep it as a suvenier?

Looks like there is no way you can keep your GC after oath ceremony. I missed my GC too, but the passport card looks cool. Only I look a little older in it! Go for the passport card - doubles up as an id you can carry in your wallet.

Looks like there is no way you can keep your GC after oath ceremony. I missed my GC too, but the passport card looks cool. Only I look a little older in it! Go for the passport card - doubles up as an id you can carry in your wallet.

I wonder what will happen if you get to the oath and say that you lost or can not find your GC!!!

Any Q2 peeps still waiting for the IL & the name check or am i the only one left :( ?

man i check my mail everyday and i feel that i should stop worrying about it and just not expect it. the wait is killing me. I'm starting to wonder if my request for name change is a reason for the delay.

I wonder what will happen if you get to the oath and say that you lost or can not find your GC!!!

Any Q2 peeps still waiting for the IL & the name check or am i the only one left :( ?

man i check my mail everyday and i feel that i should stop worrying about it and just not expect it. the wait is killing me. I'm starting to wonder if my request for name change is a reason for the delay.

If you tell them that you lost your GC, they'll probably take you out of the oath ceremony and make you file for a replacement.

I highly doubt that your name change request has anything to do with the delay. It doesn't trigger any additional background checks.

They clearly state no exceptions on the oath letter sent:

You MUST have your GC or proof that you have applied for a missing/stolen card (form xxxx), or you will not be allowed to be naturalized that day.

Also you HAVE to surrender your GC at the oath ceremony, personally I was glad to be rid of it.

Update good news
i got my IL 10/20/08 for ID 12/03/08

best wishes for the rest of the Q2 fillers & N400 Applicants

IL finally received !

The interview letter arrived yesterday (10/30) scheduled for December 9

Finally!

K

Wanted to update you guys i got my OL finally. I am scheduled for the March 25th Ceremony in Pomona Fairplex. Good luck to the rest of you.

The whole process took 9 month