Q1 (Jan-March) 2008 N400Filers Tracker

This is so stupid I hate waiting......Everything is back I am now waiting on Military Background checks..... Can you beleive this ..... I am getting extremely ticked right now.... I am pulling out my friggin hair........WTF!!!!!!!!!!

How long does that crap take? Anyone out there knows....... I am aggravated!!!

Then she had the nerve to say all chipper and crap... everything else is here though we are all just sitting around on our A#$$% looking at the wall.

Every one has to go for back ground how will USCIS will know that you are not related to Osama Bin Ladin :D:D:D:D:D

BOSTON DO
Application mailed to Vermont SC - 1/3/2008
Application received - 1/5/2008
Priority date - 01/7/2008
Check cashed - 1/09/2008
Notice date - 1/11/2008
Notice received - 1/13/2008
Fingerprint appt notice - Not received
Fingerprint appt date - Still waitin on notice
Interview letter received - 3/22/2008
Interview - 5/29/2008
Passed Interview - 5/29/2008
Oath scheduled 6/5/2008

BOSTON DO
Application mailed to Vermont SC - 1/3/2008
Application received - 1/5/2008
Priority date - 01/7/2008
Check cashed - 1/09/2008
Notice date - 1/11/2008
Notice received - 1/13/2008
Fingerprint appt notice - Not received
Fingerprint appt date - Still waitin on notice
Interview letter received - 3/22/2008
Interview - 5/29/2008
Passed Interview - 5/29/2008
Oath scheduled 6/5/2008

Congrats fsteph... surely you can vote this year :D:D:D and thank you for the update

This is so stupid I hate waiting......Everything is back I am now waiting on Military Background checks..... Can you beleive this ..... I am getting extremely ticked right now.... I am pulling out my friggin hair........

How long does that crap take? Anyone out there knows....... I am aggravated!!!

Then she had the nerve to say all chipper and crap... everything else is here though we are all just sitting around on our A#$$% looking at the wall.

I would be even less patient than you synn_r... it is so weird that Military route still gives you bureaucratic 'process'... I thought I saw before some one in military (few months back) route get the N400 process done from PD to Oath Date less than 3months... I really can't figure out your delay :confused: ... but just hangin there and let's drink the pina colada since summer is coming mann..;)

Just to keep this thread also updated, i had my interview on the 4th of June, and my application was approved. Now i have to wait for the Oath letter, which the IO said could take 2 to 3 months.

Thanks one and all ..

Just wanted to update . I had my interview today in Dallas. Very painless experience. Six easy questions and all the docs i presented were my passport DL and GC. I have my Oath in the 11th of June.

Good News: Received Interview letter today.

------------------------------------------------------------
VSC (Boston)
03/14/2008 : Mailed N-400
03/19/2008 : PD (and Receive Date)
03/20/2008 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)
04/09/2008 : FP Done
05/30/2008 : Received a letter from USCIS requesting to prepare more documents.
06/05/2008 : IL Received
07/24/2008 : Interview Date.

Good News: Received Interview letter today.

------------------------------------------------------------
VSC (Boston)
03/14/2008 : Mailed N-400
03/19/2008 : PD (and Receive Date)
03/20/2008 : Check cashed (date USCIS endorsed my check)
04/09/2008 : FP Done
05/30/2008 : Received a letter from USCIS requesting to prepare more documents.
06/05/2008 : IL Received
07/24/2008 : Interview Date.

Can you tell what other documents USCIS requests yo to bring? Thanks

I have received two letters one is I-797C (Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Inital Interview) and the other one is N-659-Naturalization Interview Document Check List.

In I-797C they have to bring the below doucments:
1) This letter
2) Your Alien Registration Card(GC)
3) Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
4) Your passport and / or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the US.
5) Those items noted below which are application to you.
If applying for Naturalization As the Spouse of a US citizen:
1) Your marriage certificate
2) Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.
4) Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

N-659 - Document Check List

1) All Applicants must bring:
a) Your GC
b) Photo identicaion and
c) Your passport and any travel documents issued by the U.S Government

2) If you current name is different than the name on your GC bring,
a) The doument that legally changed your name(eg marriage license, divorce decree, court document).
3) If you are appling for naturalization on the basis of marriage to U.S citizen bring:
a) Proof that your spouse has been a U.S citizen for at least the past three yeas(birth certificate, naturallization certificate, certificate of citizenship, your spouse's valid U.S passport, or Form FS240,"Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of USA); and
b) Your current marriage certificate; and
c) Proof of termination of all of your spouse's prior marriages(eg divorce decree, death certificate); and
d) An original IRS Form 1722 listing tax information for the past three yeasrs or copies of the income tax forms you filled for the past 3 years
4)If you were previously married, brings:
a) Proof of termination of all of your prior marriages (eg divorce decree, death certificate)
5) If you have ever been in the US military are pallying based on military service(see the immigration and nationality act, sections 328 and 329) and have not previously submitted the two forms listed below with your Form N-400 bring:
a) An original Form N-426 "Request for Certificate of Military or Naval Service;" and
b) An original Form G-325B "Biographic information"
6) If you have taken a trip outside of the US that lasted for six months or more since becoming a PR bring
a) An original IRS 1722 letter listing tax information for the past five years (or for the past three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to US citizen)
7) If you have a dependent spoouse or children and have been ordered to provide financial support bring
a)Copies of ther court or government order to provide finanical support and
b)Evidence that your have compiled witht he court or .........(print is not clear)
8) If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and no charges were filed, bring;
a)An official statement fromt he arresting agency or applicable court indicating that no charges were filed.
9) If you have ever been convicted or placed in an alternative sentencing program, or rehabiltative program bring:
a)The sentencing record for each incident;
b) Evidence that you completed your sentence (probation record, parole record or evidence that you completed an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program)
11) If you have had any arrest or conviction vacated, se aside, sealing, expunged or otherwise removed the arrest or conviction.
note: that unlsess a trafic incident was alcohol or durg related you do not need to usbmit doucmentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and /or point of your drivers licence.
12)If you have any federal state or local taxes that are overdue, bing;
a)A signes aggreement from the IRS, state or local offices showing that you have filled a tax return and arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and
b)Documentation fromt he IRS, state or local tax offices showinog the current status of your repayment program.
13) If you are applying for a disability exception to the testing requirement and have not submitted Form N-648 bing;
a) An original Form N-648, "medical certification for disability exceptions,'completed by a licensed medical doctor, licensed clinical psychologist or licensed doctor of osteopathy.
14) If you did not register with the Selective Service and you are (1 male, (2) over 26 years old (3) were borno on or after January 1 1960 and (4) were a permanent resident between the ages of 18 and 26 when you failed to register, bring:

a) A "status information letter", fromt he selective service (Call 888-688-6888 for more information,

What is Selective Service Registration? I am not sure I have any evidence for Selective Service Registration?

CAn you pls anyone explain this?

I have received two letters one is I-797C (Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Inital Interview) and the other one is N-659-Naturalization Interview Document Check List.

In I-797C they have to bring the below doucments:
1) This letter
2) Your Alien Registration Card(GC)
3) Any evidence of Selective Service Registration
4) Your passport and / or any other documents you used in connection with any entries into the US.
5) Those items noted below which are application to you.
If applying for Naturalization As the Spouse of a US citizen:
1) Your marriage certificate
2) Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse.
4) Your spouse's birth or naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship.

N-659 - Document Check List

1) All Applicants must bring:
a) Your GC
b) Photo identicaion and
c) Your passport and any travel documents issued by the U.S Government

2) If you current name is different than the name on your GC bring,
a) The doument that legally changed your name(eg marriage license, divorce decree, court document).
3) If you are appling for naturalization on the basis of marriage to U.S citizen bring:
a) Proof that your spouse has been a U.S citizen for at least the past three yeas(birth certificate, naturallization certificate, certificate of citizenship, your spouse's valid U.S passport, or Form FS240,"Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of USA); and
b) Your current marriage certificate; and
c) Proof of termination of all of your spouse's prior marriages(eg divorce decree, death certificate); and
d) An original IRS Form 1722 listing tax information for the past three yeasrs or copies of the income tax forms you filled for the past 3 years
4)If you were previously married, brings:
a) Proof of termination of all of your prior marriages (eg divorce decree, death certificate)
5) If you have ever been in the US military are pallying based on military service(see the immigration and nationality act, sections 328 and 329) and have not previously submitted the two forms listed below with your Form N-400 bring:
a) An original Form N-426 "Request for Certificate of Military or Naval Service;" and
b) An original Form G-325B "Biographic information"
6) If you have taken a trip outside of the US that lasted for six months or more since becoming a PR bring
a) An original IRS 1722 letter listing tax information for the past five years (or for the past three years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to US citizen)
7) If you have a dependent spoouse or children and have been ordered to provide financial support bring
a)Copies of ther court or government order to provide finanical support and
b)Evidence that your have compiled witht he court or .........(print is not clear)
8) If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason and no charges were filed, bring;
a)An official statement fromt he arresting agency or applicable court indicating that no charges were filed.
9) If you have ever been convicted or placed in an alternative sentencing program, or rehabiltative program bring:
a)The sentencing record for each incident;
b) Evidence that you completed your sentence (probation record, parole record or evidence that you completed an alternative sentencing program or rehabilitative program)
11) If you have had any arrest or conviction vacated, se aside, sealing, expunged or otherwise removed the arrest or conviction.
note: that unlsess a trafic incident was alcohol or durg related you do not need to usbmit doucmentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and /or point of your drivers licence.
12)If you have any federal state or local taxes that are overdue, bing;
a)A signes aggreement from the IRS, state or local offices showing that you have filled a tax return and arranged to pay the taxes you owe; and
b)Documentation fromt he IRS, state or local tax offices showinog the current status of your repayment program.
13) If you are applying for a disability exception to the testing requirement and have not submitted Form N-648 bing;
a) An original Form N-648, "medical certification for disability exceptions,'completed by a licensed medical doctor, licensed clinical psychologist or licensed doctor of osteopathy.
14) If you did not register with the Selective Service and you are (1 male, (2) over 26 years old (3) were borno on or after January 1 1960 and (4) were a permanent resident between the ages of 18 and 26 when you failed to register, bring:

a) A "status information letter", fromt he selective service (Call 888-688-6888 for more information,

Thanks for the details. It's always good to know what the USCIS are after for (on a case to case basis).

Update Q1 08 filers as sending out BIG smiley Congrats for thedeepsea in Dallas and great milestones for sudo, siddig and citizenshipfees.

PART I :
User Name *SC/DO *PD *FP *IL *ID *OL *OD

x-ers :D NSC/St.Paul 10/19/2007 12/22/2007 4/14/2008 5/22/2008
pleasetellmewhy :D NSC/Chicago 12/20/2007 3/4/2008 4/14/2008 6/12/2008
thedeepsea :D:D:D TSC/Dallas 12/27/2008 2/28/2008 4/14/2008 6/5/2008 6/5/2008 6/11/2008
zack1978 :D New Orleans 1/2/2008 3/4/2008 4/16/2008 7/23/2008
jojo72 :D:D:D TSC/Atlanta 1/4/2008 2/6/2008 3/10/2008 4/19/2008 4/19/2008 4/19/2008