Q1 (Jan-March) 2008 N400Filers Tracker

i never had H1B (what's that?)
my wife is a US citizen. after a 4 yr relationship, I came to USA on a fiance visa (she had to file a petition for a finace visa for me), got married, became perm resident, and now I'm applying for N-400.(based on marriage to a US citiz.)

Thanks for wishing me good luck.
however, I still am very upset that you seem to think that I did something bogus. Just let me tell you that what you said earlier (and still hinting at it I think): "...Look who is talking you got married for papers..." etc, that really is a hurtful thing to say.
My wife (then my girlfriend) went through some pretty bad times, especially during the long time we were apart before I came here, and we had our own worries and frustrating times, when we started the process...that everything went smoothly so far, was because we were so meticulous and tried to everything honestly and neat as much as we could. we never needed a lawyer, we did everything ourselves. we did well, and we got everything done with minimal problems, but i think we deserved it...one shouldn't just disregard it as "easy way out"...believe me, whatever way you take, nothing is "easy".

Please don't think that everyone gets married for "papers". it's a hurtful thing to say, and disrespectful to all the honest couples. There's no point telling you our whole life-story, but before you say such things to someone, consider for a moment that there are those of us who are honest, and take their relationships and marriages seriously.
we've been married 7 yrs now...most imporatant thing for us was to be together, and i guess that's why i waited this long to apply for citizenship, instead of right after 3 yrs.
damn, I don't know why i even bothered to explain!

anyway, good luck to you, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried my best to clean this thread up and remove the inappropriate comments. When posting, please be respectful of other members. Personal attacks are unacceptable, and will bring unwanted attention from the site moderators.

Remember the wording of big red banner at the top of this forum:
Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Failure to follow these instructions would be considered a consent for immigrationportal.com to share your login information, your IP address and other details with the aggrieved party.

chitown08 and sri-LA you guys are super fast!!!

I applied in November 2007 for Chicago DO and still havn't got my interview letter!!

Got our interview letters today (see below for detailed timeline). The letters were postmarked May 2nd and got them May 5th.

chitown08 and sri-LA you guys are super fast!!!

I applied in November 2007 for Chicago DO and still havn't got my interview letter!!

IMHO I think you can start calling USCIS everyweek now to check your status. Just in case if your IL is lost in the mail.

I called today and asked again exactly where my file was. The IO said thats its in the final review to get shipped to Charlotte.

So I asked her if i was missing anything.. she had no idea. So she took my e-mail address and said she will go find my file and let me know if they have everything they need so that i can be scheduled for an interview right away. She even said to me my case is moving extremely fast... I just never heard that happen b4.. I am so very shocked in a happy way of course... If I get an email ....OMFG...............

My wife completed her interview at Milwaukee today. Appointment was at 11am and we were there by 10:30. She was called in around 11:15. Interviewer asked a few civics questions, a sentence to write and verified some information from the application. That was all, and he said congratulations and oath letter will be sent in a few days.

My wife asked him about my interview letter. He was a little reluctant to look it up, but he did. All he said to her was an interview letter would be sent for me as well. He didn't want to say anything further. Not sure why...so that didn't help at all.

Anyway, waiting game continues for me.

Does anyone know how often oath ceremony is held in Milwaukee?

My wife completed her interview at Milwaukee today. Appointment was at 11am and we were there by 10:30. She was called in around 11:15. Interviewer asked a few civics questions, a sentence to write and verified some information from the application. That was all, and he said congratulations and oath letter will be sent in a few days.

My wife asked him about my interview letter. He was a little reluctant to look it up, but he did. All he said to her was an interview letter would be sent for me as well. He didn't want to say anything further. Not sure why...so that didn't help at all.

Anyway, waiting game continues for me.

Does anyone know how often oath ceremony is held in Milwaukee?

haa your dates are extremely fast ......i see people from august last years still waiting for interviews....any way ....USCIS is unpredictable...

I would say 2 maybe 3 days!!!! Then again I beleive they requested my name check b4 my FP!!!! They requested my name check on April 15th

Yes - name check and IBIS check are conducted as soon as the application is received and reviewed by an Immigration Information Officer. It is also at the time the applicant is placed in the queue for finger printing - however a notice is only sent out when there is availability at the applicant's ASC.

I would say being Military helped but then again it did not help some ppl. So my guess would be my name is very very very unique first and last so that might have helped...

I would say being Military helped but then again it did not help some ppl. So my guess would be my name is very very very unique first and last so that might have helped...

I have a common middle eastern first name and both my GC and Natz name check took less than 3 weeks. So there are many factors at play including the date of birth, middle and surnames, country of birth, etc. I've been researching on how the name checks are conducted, but there is very little information out there regarding how it is truly done. Particularly on what kinds of offenses or actions place individuals in the FBI database for name checks; particularly in reference files.

usaangel2006,

Stop whining about your "genuine" posts being removed. Everything you've posted so far either involves inflammatory/racial attacks or inappropriate language.