Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Application PART 6 Question A

I plan to apply next week and I have a doubt. Please help gurus.
Any other advise before applying is highly appreciated.

PART 6 of the Application says

1) Write every address where you lived during the last 5 years?

Does this mean I have to list the address in India every time I visit there.
I visited India several times during the last 5 years.
My permanent address here in US was always San Jose, but I did visit india on a 3-4 months visits several times.
I have my house here and did not change my residence for the last 9 years which reflects in my drivers license and green card.

I am of the understanding that if I change my address then I have to list the change in my application but not when I visit my home country or other places.
Even if it is on 3-4 trip, because my home was still in California.

We passed the interview today. Process was very smooth. Thanks for the information on the forum; we felt well prepared.

Now awaiting the oath letter..

Wife received a CFR - yellow letter.

This CFR letter is identical to the one I received earlier, before we received interview letters. It asks her to bring a state issues drivers license or identification card and certified copies of all minor children born in the US.

And my wife's oath date is for May 20th, even though we applied together and all other letters, interview etc came together!

gc_luckyguy

You need not specify any Indian Address since your a resident of US. Enter only US address. Hope this helps. I had the same situatiton and I did not mention about Indian address.

N400 application - leave fields blank or write "N/A"

1)I am in the process of filling out my N400 application and I have several fields blank, for example in the Marital status section I marked SINGLE, but what should I do with remaining fields. Should I put "N/A" in all blank fields in the application or leave it blank.
2) I am using the download N400 PDF file and after filling the application will print this using my home printer and mail it USCIS. I am of the assumption that we need apply or get any forms from local office.
Your help and quick reply is greatly appreciated.

1) Per instructions, use N/A if it doesn't pertain to you.You can also leave it blank if it doesn't pertain to you .

2) Printing PDF application is fine. No need to go to DO to obtain a copy.

Update!

Here is my latest update. Would love to hear the experiences of folks who had their interview at San Antonio recently!

03/10/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/12/09 : Mail received
03/12/09 : Priority Date.
03/19/09 : Check Cashed.
03/17/09 : Notice Date.
03/21/09 : NOA Received
04/06/09: FP Notice Received ( I-797C) (4/17/09 @ San Antonio).
04/11/09: FP Done at San Antonio (walk-in)
04/25/09: Interview Letter received.
06/02/09: Interview Date (scheduled at 12:45 pm).
xx/xx/xx : Oath Letter.
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date.

I got my FP notice today.
upon checking the status online, no mention to FP notice.
If somebody loses the notice in the mail it will be hard to figure that out.

04/04/09 N400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ LockBox
04/07/09 Received/Priority Date
04/10/09 NOA Date
04/13/09 Check Cashed
04/16/09 NOA received
04/22/09 FP notice date
04/27/09 FP notice received
05/19/09 FP Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk in FP

MILK

04/11/09 : FP Date (Walk-In) (Scheduled 4/15/09)

I see that you did walk in FP on a time which is different from your scheduled one.
is it ok to go to the ASC and have FP done earlier than the scheduled FP time.
Thanks

04/04/09 N400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ LockBox
04/07/09 Received/Priority Date
04/10/09 NOA Date
04/13/09 Check Cashed
04/16/09 NOA received
04/22/09 FP notice date
04/27/09 FP notice received
05/19/09 FP Date
ASC Columbus OH

MILK

04/11/09 : FP Date (Walk-In) (Scheduled 4/15/09)

I see that you did walk in FP on a time which is different from your scheduled one.
is it ok to go to the ASC and have FP done earlier than the scheduled FP time.
Thanks
Yes. If your ASC doesn't allow early FPs at all, they would just tell you to come back on the scheduled date. But it all depends on the front desk guard. One may say no, the other will let you do it. In general, if you go on a slow day, they won't say anything. First thing in the Saturday mornings are best. If you have any conflicts with the scheduled FP date, it is ok to go for early FP and tell the guard about it.

called today and was told I have been put in Q for interview.

From earlier posts, I think I can safely assume that all my background checks are complete?

Done with the interview today. It took approx 20 mins.
a) Interviewer reconfirmed a lot of questions from N400 application
b) Asked me to
- Read 1 sentence
- Write 1 sentence
- 6 civics questions. Since all the answers were correct she did not ask further.
c) Asked for income tax return proof.
- I gave 3 years of IRS transcript. I got the originals back as my wife's interview is scheduled next week.

The most difficult questions were (guys would know this better):
- Do you remember your marriage date?
- Do you remember your spouse birthday?
Had I known she is going to ask these from the N400 form I would have added this to the civics flash card for memorizing :)

Finally, interviewer said that she would schedule the oath ceremony together with my wife (after my wife's interview is done).

Good luck