"Put in the queue for an interview"

smsalto

Registered Users (C)
I was talking with USCIS on the phone and the guy said "BTW, you've been put in the queue for an interview". On my questions he didn't want to say much and was kind of rude but said that it means I will get a note within 90 days about the naturalization interview. I've been in "namecheck stage" for almost 2 years now, does it mean it's finally over????

It appears that you may get the letter soon. If what he said is true that means the file is waiting to be assigned to some IO.

I don't know, may be it's just me being a little paranoid (hey, what's up with all those black helicopters flying over my house at night?) but I'm getting this feeling that this might be another way USCIS trying to avoid responsibility (last one was approve application if WOM was filed) is to tell people they are "in queue for interview" and just make this queue 6-12 months? so that they hope namecheck will be cleared and you won't file WOM based on this hope that "it will happen any time now" (how about those people who were told "you in queue for interview, but your namecheck is not completed"?)
I just hope my Infopass next week will clear up my paranoia :)

I don't know, may be it's just me being a little paranoid (hey, what's up with all those black helicopters flying over my house at night?) but I'm getting this feeling that this might be another way USCIS trying to avoid responsibility (last one was approve application if WOM was filed) is to tell people they are "in queue for interview" and just make this queue 6-12 months? so that they hope namecheck will be cleared and you won't file WOM based on this hope that "it will happen any time now" (how about those people who were told "you in queue for interview, but your namecheck is not completed"?)
I just hope my Infopass next week will clear up my paranoia :)

The people who are placed in "queue for interview" are those whose name-check is not cleared (only fingerprints get cleared but not name-check) even though USCIS says otherwise. It could take even 2 yrs. I've known so many people are still stuck in this name-check thing and they have been told ever since "in queue" bs...

On the other hand, you would notice very few applicants get their interview notice so quickly within 3-4 months after filing the application...actually they are lucky ones whose name check gets cleared...

That being said, being in "queue for interview" means fingerprints check has completed but not the name check...

The people who are placed in "queue for interview" are those whose name-check is not cleared (only fingerprints get cleared but not name-check) even though USCIS says otherwise. It could take even 2 yrs. I've known so many people are still stuck in this name-check thing and they have been told ever since "in queue" bs...

On the other hand, you would notice very few applicants get their interview notice so quickly within 3-4 months after filing the application...actually they are lucky ones whose name check gets cleared...

That being said, being in "queue for interview" means fingerprints check has completed but not the name check...

In other words, contrary to what the FBI and USCIS preach, most applicants end up getting stuck in name check, whether it's for 3 months or 3 years?

Good indicator of a namecheck completion for those stuck for more than 15 months can be a 2nd FP notice.
Presumably USCIS won't send a 2nd notice if namecheck is not completed. So, if your namecheck is completed, then you should be getting FP notice within the next few weeks.

PD: 01/19/07
FP: 02/25/07
....Multiple letters to everyone who has any power....
Namecheck complete: 05/20/08
Second FP: 06/19/08
IL : ?????????????????????????????????????

I've been told two different thing from several different IOs. Several IOs have told me your case only goes in queue only once FP and name check have cleared, and at least one IO told me that case in queue doesn't necessarily mean all checks are complete. Goes to show how much IOs know about the process.

I was talking with USCIS on the phone and the guy said "BTW, you've been put in the queue for an interview". On my questions he didn't want to say much and was kind of rude but said that it means I will get a note within 90 days about the naturalization interview. I've been in "namecheck stage" for almost 2 years now, does it mean it's finally over????

I was stuck in namecheck for 18 months... just got cleared and they told me the samething... I did get my 2nd FP notice and it is done. You should get one soon. I asked them about my IL in FP appointment, they told me it can take as long as 3 months after 2nd FP.

Hi folks: I had two Info passes and talked with diffrent Io,s many times( atleats once a week). And they gave me the same answer that my case is in good condition and i have been placed in queu scince March the 28th 2008. Last week i had an detailed info pass and asked as many question as i could and they told me that my name check and fp all are clear and one check they will do agian and it will be by the assighned interviweing officerof my DO. Bottem line the name cheks and fp are run before they put you in interview queu.

I tend to disagree... Have a letter from the FBI that says (quote) "Both of these submissions were processed and finalized on May 29, 2008. In each case, the results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C."

Signed in ink by the FBI's person. Do you think he lies? I don't think so...

I'm not saying that FBI lies when they tell to someone that their fingerprints and name checks are completed, however, it's the USCIS which doesn't update this information on aliens' file on time when FBI clears someone as there is not enough co-ordination with these two agencies. I was INS attorney, and I know well what I'm talking about.

Plus, if you see/read the recent lawsuit which was posted by one of the posters on here (http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=281387) then you would find what I'm saying. It clearly states that FBI cleared fingerprints and name check for some of the plaintiffs in that lawsuit back 1-2yrs ago, yet still it took a very long time for USCIS to adjudicate their application.

USCIS didn't state in there as to why it took them such a long time to adjudicate those plaintiffs' application when FBI had cleared their fingerprints and name checks, but I know why...because USCIS doesn't always update this kind of information in their system on a timely manner. I've been long enough on this site to know this in addition to have dealt with them in the past....By the way, there is a sticky thread of a few years back by the poster (Rajiv) who described how FBI and USCIS was giving him run-around...FBI was telling him that everything was cleared but USCIS was telling him that they didn't get nothing from the FBI.

Anyway, ageed or not, follow/listen/do whatever you wish....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was stuck in namecheck for 18 months... just got cleared and they told me the samething... I did get my 2nd FP notice and it is done. You should get one soon. I asked them about my IL in FP appointment, they told me it can take as long as 3 months after 2nd FP.

Ok they told me 3 months, but it took less than 2 weeks for me to get my IL after 2nd FP.

I've been told two different thing from several different IOs. Several IOs have told me your case only goes in queue only once FP and name check have cleared, and at least one IO told me that case in queue doesn't necessarily mean all checks are complete. Goes to show how much IOs know about the process.

Alright, I recalled now, IO who told me that I'm in "queue for interview and should get notice within 120 days" mumbled something about "almost all security checks are done" and I was too distracted by the vision how I open my mailbox and holding at IL :) that I forgot to get clarification on which checks are not done. Oh well, I'll wait until Infopass next week.

wow that's something new :( but it explains a lot

Ok, not sure how to take it - either IO at today's Infopass was trying "to be safe" in estimations when I will get my IL, or I should really move to San Francisco now, because "could be 2-3, 6 or even 12 months" just to get IL + 2-3 months for ID, + 2-4 months for OD kinda seems a lot (or is it just me?)

Ok, not sure how to take it - either IO at today's Infopass was trying "to be safe" in estimations when I will get my IL, or I should really move to San Francisco now, because "could be 2-3, 6 or even 12 months" just to get IL + 2-3 months for ID, + 2-4 months for OD kinda seems a lot (or is it just me?)

Sounds like InfoPass BS in its most typical form. What the IO was trying to say is that he has no clue when your IL will arrive. What's been the common patern of IL arrivals for former name check victims in LA?

Sounds like InfoPass BS in its most typical form. What the IO was trying to say is that he has no clue when your IL will arrive. What's been the common patern of IL arrivals for former name check victims in LA?

Not enough stats specifically for name check victims in LA :) may be they are hiding in witness protection? :cool:
According to Feliz-man http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1923079&postcount=1383 there are cases taking more than 6 months.

Now, another thing is in my e-mail from Congressman who forwarded e-mail from CSC saying my name check is complete and now LA DO will schedule my interview, but LA DO IO at Infopass looking at that e-mail and telling me that it is CSC who schedules interviews and LA DO don't even have my file yet, they will get it when CSC will schedule the interview.

This is got me thinking to move to SF and since LA still didn't get my file, I got a chance to avoid this "6 months transfer of file between DO" it will be just requested by SF DO from CSC directly.

Not enough stats specifically for name check victims in LA :) may be they are hiding in witness protection? :cool:
According to Feliz-man http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1923079&postcount=1383 there are cases taking more than 6 months.

Now, another thing is in my e-mail from Congressman who forwarded e-mail from CSC saying my name check is complete and now LA DO will schedule my interview, but LA DO IO at Infopass looking at that e-mail and telling me that it is CSC who schedules interviews and LA DO don't even have my file yet, they will get it when CSC will schedule the interview.

This is got me thinking to move to SF and since LA still didn't get my file, I got a chance to avoid this "6 months transfer of file between DO" it will be just requested by SF DO from CSC directly.

This can go one of two ways: either you receive an IL within the next couple of weeks or you'll be waiting for months. From what I've seen so far, it appears that former name check victims usually get their IL fairly quickly after doing FPs for the 2nd time. Another thing to consider is that your PD is way outside of their posted processing time. I'd like to think that name check victims would be placed in front of the queue, once their name checks are cleared.

As far as moving to SF goes, would you really do it just to get a faster interview?