Public Records - Satisfied Judgement

immi3

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I got a wrong judgement by a small claims court in Indianapolis, Indiana, where a Collection Agency, on behalf of a Fitness club, wrongfully obtained a judgement for me to pay a claim of 1000 $, which I paid. This record appears in my public records as a satisfied judgement() dated 10/12/2005. The issue is because of wrongful membership claim by bally's for a visit I made in December, 1999. Is this a cause for concern ? What steps should I take?

I am going to file my citizenship application, I have satisfied 4 yrs 10 months since obtaining my GC. I am hoping than somebody can answer my question.

Thanks
-Somen

Don't worry about it..you already paid and the issue is civil, not criminal. You can always contact the court to see if they have the case and proof of payment of record for you to bring to interview.

Thanks bobsmith, thats a good point. I will contact the court, and try to get a proof of payment from them. I do have the payment receipt from the collection agency, who were authorized to collect the fees after the judgement.

BTW, I could not be present in the court, but I had sent a letter to the court stating my inability to be present because I was in another state ----Texas, and also proof of my innocence. I was surprised the court decided against me.

-Somen

BTW, I could not be present in the court, but I had sent a letter to the court stating my inability to be present because I was in another state ----Texas, and also proof of my innocence. I was surprised the court decided against me.
If you don't show up in court, they will almost always decide against you. Being in another state is not a sufficient reason to get out of the court date.

Thanks bobsmith, thats a good point. I will contact the court, and try to get a proof of payment from them. I do have the payment receipt from the collection agency, who were authorized to collect the fees after the judgement.

-Somen

Since this was a civil matter, you do NOT need to disclose it on your N-400, nor do you need to provide proof of payment. The USCIS is only concerned with criminal cases. Don't worry about asking the court for proof.