Provisions for pregnant women during naturalization ceremony? Experience anyone?

BlessedAreThose

I was wondering if anyone knew of provisions made for pregnant women during naturalization ceremonies? After googling around, I found some PDF files that state those provisions should be made (sounded like they were quite strict about it). Does anyone know what those provisions look like and if they are truly implemented as well?

I am pregnant and on bedrest. I am not allowed to walk much, let alone stand, (I spend most of the day lying in bed) and I've heard the lines could be quite long. I need to appear at 9:30 am and I don't think the ceremony starts until noon. I'd especially like to hear from you if you have ever experienced a ceremony at the US district court (western) in Oklahoma City.

Any advice on how to minimize my walking/standing time? Also, what if my doctor advices me not to go (my situation might change a day or 2 before the ceremony date) - anyone know how I'd go about rescheduling on such short notice?

Thanks so much!

Speak with the office arranging the ceremony. I'm sure they make accomodations for individuals in special circumstances.

(By the way, you can rent or borrow a wheelchair so that you do not have to walk or stand.)

Thank you. Such "simple" things to do that didn't even cross my mind! I called the court and was able to leave a message for the person in charge. Now hoping he'll get back with me on time :) (Ceremony is next week). And a wheelchair is a great idea! My husband was going to stand in line for me, but we have our 3 year old with us too, so I was envisioning chaos! Thanks again, anyone else with experience or ideas, I'd love to hear them!

You can always request to reschedule your oath until after you deliver if the court is unable to accommodate you.

Sounds like OP is doing judicial oath in Federal court. In that case, oath at DO is out of the question.

Actually most courts and USCIS offices have agreements that will allow the district offices to oath an applicant who has a serious medical condition. I was able to arrange this in New York City for a few people.

Actually most courts and USCIS offices have agreements that will allow the district offices to oath an applicant who has a serious medical condition. I was able to arrange this in New York City for a few people.

Good to know. In that case an accommodation may be available at the DO under the 1973 rehabilitation act.