Pros and Cons for asking to reschedule N400 interview.

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My N400 interview is scheduled for Aug 02, '12 at the San Francisco office. However, my wife's N400 is scheduled for a different date of Aug 06, '12 even though our applications were submitted together and submitted Fingerprints sameday. I was planning to call USCIS to re-schedule both our interviews on the same day... Please advise if it is a good idea???

TIA

You can try, but there is no certainty that you will both get the same date when you reschedule. My advice would be to go on the dates you've been given and be done with it. CIS has many people to process, and though they might try to accommodate you, they don't have to, and likely will not.

Don't reschedule. Once your interview is scheduled, a reschedule usually results in a delay of weeks or months.

However, at the end of your wife's interview she can ask to have her oath scheduled for the same day as yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cafeconleche, Jackolantern thanks for your advice, I have decided NOT to request a reschedule and stick to the current slots.

Your advice is deeply appreciated.

Thank You!

It really depends on the IO and DO. I was able to get my interview changed to the same date as my wife's without delay by going to the DO via Infopass and explaining situation.

It really depends on the IO and DO. I was able to get my interview changed to the same date as my wife's without delay by going to the DO via Infopass and explaining situation.

Hello Bobsmyth,

Thanks for the valuable info... San Francisco DO is 40miles from the place I live and going there to get the interview rescheduled is more or less the same as having two separate interviews.. :) I decided to stick to the current slots.

Thank YOU.