Processing time for green card based on asylum

Man go ask any attorney and the answer will be all you need is RTD that’s it that’s why I’m against people who spread BS here! They confuse the other folks
Yeah, I talked to my attorney today and she said this. "You can still travel on the refugee travel document while the green card application is pending and you do not need any extra documents. You should be fine"

I did talk to my attorney and this was her response. "You can still travel on the refugee travel document while the green card application is pending and you do not need any extra documents. You should be fine"
Great! I think that ends the dispute! Thanks for your polite and respectful argument :)

Now I am confused. :)

thats why we against it .when you say get advance parole just in case .you scare people who have rtd and dont have advance parole with wrong info .maybe this person wont see their families because of you.
this is simple . even if your green card is pending you are still refugee/asylee. you can travel safely with Refugee TRAVEL document.this document is much more stronger than advance parole even stronger than green card .green card wont protect you outside but rtd would.

there is no law say that an asylee needs advance parole. law says they need rtd .its simple
me and many asylee travel safely with that. one time a airlines worker who check the documents and didnt know about rtd. i showed him i485 receipt notice. but i didnt have to. just bring this notice just in case .they must accept rtd and this is enough. if i listen yours wrong and unnecessary advice i would have to wait advance parole for months for nothing and cant travel.
the last thing is english level doesnt prove people education level
take care

Last edited:

this is simple . even if your green card is pending you are still refugee/asylee. you can travel safely with Refugee TRAVEL document.this document is much more stronger than advance parole even stronger than green card .green card wont protect you outside but rtd would.
there is no law say that an asylee needs advance parole. law says they need rtd .its simple
me and many asylee travel safely with that. one time a airlines worker who check the documents and didnt know about rtd. i showed him i485 receipt notice. but i didnt have to. just bring this notice just in case .they must accept rtd and this is enough. if i listen yours wrong and unnecessary advice i would have to wait advance parole for months for nothing and cant travel.
the last thing is english level doesnt prove people education level
take care
you the best! Tell them these losers called oliver and bella luna are here to spread bullshit and rumors !! one told me get educated and the other told me get communication skills lol while I’m more successful than both of them and their families combined together these losers try to give me an advice but anyway yeah RTD is all you need and don’t listen to these scammers and good luck and safe travels for y’all

Finally our day came in!!! Today we received long-awaited good news from USCIS, our three Green Cards were approved in one shot!!! Below is the chronology of our journey:
01.2015 - Applied for asylum with family (5 family members)
01.2019 - Asylum was approved
02.2020 - Applied for AOS (Texas Service Center)
07.2020 - Old Fingerprints were applied
02.2021 - Received RFE for Medical report
03.2021 - 2 Green Cards for kids were approved and issued
03.2021 - Received letter from USCIS regarding fingerprints
for three family members. When I inquired USCIS
about these repeated letters related to the fingerprints they did not give any specific explanation, "Just said please wait, soon you will get our decision."
09.2021 - We ordered your new card (All 3 members).
I would like to thank all friends at forum for being kind and helpful throughout the process. Wishing best of luck to everyone and a smooth way to success!!!
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png
(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
CONGRATS!!

Here me again with another question. :) I am planning to book my tickets to Turkey. I am just wondering if we as a refugee travel document holders need transit visa if we have a connecting flight in the UK, Germany or Netherland. I know you won't have any problems with direct flight from US to Turkey, but it's more expensive and maybe it's worth not to deal with travel headaches?

Woow , long time
We are in same service center
Yeah unfortunately it’s way too long and i have to travel in January so I might expedite as i have something that makes me eligible to one of the expedition categories but let’s see hoe things gonna go hopefully we all get it real quick

Here me again with another question. :) I am planning to book my tickets to Turkey. I am just wondering if we as a refugee travel document holders need transit visa if we have a connecting flight in the UK, Germany or Netherland. I know you won't have any problems with direct flight from US to Turkey, but it's more expensive and maybe it's worth not to deal with travel headaches?
turkey needs visa for rtd . dont know about uk bur germany is okay rtd .you can even enter germany without visa

Reactions: HM1
H

How long it took to get your RTD and which service center issued it for ya if you dont mind
I waited for 5.5 months and didn't hear anything from USCIS. I know it's a long wait. Then I made an expedited request based on one of their expedition criteria and my RTD was approved within less than a couple of weeks. It was issued by Nebraska service center.

USCIS will not issue you a travel document while you have a valid one . you have 2 options
1- attach the current travel document and write "attached"
2- if you apply after the expiration of travel document , you can keep it and write "expired "
Thank you so muc for answering!

I want to visit Turkey with travel document as well, did you apply for visa?
Yes, you need to apply for a visa in one of their consulates in the U.S. It depends which state you live. You would need to fill out the application online, make an appointment and visit their consulate for an interview. After waiting for 2-4 weeks after interview, you will get an approval email from the consulate, and they would ask you to mail them your RTD along with your flight tickets and international travel insurance.

Yes, you need to apply for a visa in one of their consulates in the U.S. It depends which state you live. You would need to fill out the application online, make an appointment and visit their consulate for an interview. After waiting for 2-4 weeks after interview, you will get an approval email from the consulate, and they would ask you to mail them your RTD along with your flight tickets and international travel insurance.
Thanks! It's pretty much informative post, Have a great voyage!!!

Reactions: HM1
Thank you so much
Sorry I have two questions
1)how much do we have to pay to apply for a visa?
2) how much international travel insurance will cost?
Thank you so much for your help

Thank you so much
Sorry I have two questions
1)how much do we have to pay to apply for a visa?
2) how much international travel insurance will cost?
Thank you so much for your help
I paid $60 for a visa application but some people posted here somewhere that they or their friends paid $160-$190. International travel insurance depends on what insurance you would buy and how long you would stay in Turkey. It could start from $20 to over $100.