Processing time for green card based on asylum

Guys please anybody filled from Ohio before??? I should apply for my GC soon and wanna know if i file from ohio does it usually goes to Nebraska or Texas service center!?

Guys please anybody filled from Ohio before??? I should apply for my GC soon and wanna know if i file from ohio does it usually goes to Nebraska or Texas service center!?
You must have 1 year physical presence in US after asylum approval to file I-485

Last edited:
I filed my GC application from California and my case is in NBC. Does anyone know whether the case will be moved to the Texas office (or any other office) If I move to New York?

I filed my GC application from California and my case is in NBC. Does anyone know whether the case will be moved to the Texas office (or any other office) If I move to New York?
I think they won’t move your case due your moving, and your case will proceed in Nebraska

My rfe response received by USCIS NEBRASKA on 5/6/2021. Still nothing.

Contacted 800 number after 60 days. Now waiting for response within 30 days. But the whole thing is messed up.
@Antoxin just thought i should find out have u finally gotten any update about ur i-485 since u submitted the medical?

Just curious, when you get your GC through asylum, is the date back dated from asylum approval or what’s ? Can anybody assist with this answer ?

@Antoxin just thought i should find out have u finally gotten any update about ur i-485 since u submitted the medical?

Dead silence. It's been more than 3 months since they received i-693 after RFE. Contacted congressman and ombudsman - your case is within normal processing times.

Submitted request to expedite - currently not assigned for processing.

What about you?

Dead silence. It's been more than 3 months since they received i-693 after RFE. Contacted congressman and ombudsman - your case is within normal processing times.

Submitted request to expedite - currently not assigned for processing.

What about you?
I feel your pain my friend and I just got the good news on august 13th that my new card has been ordered and from the 16th my status now says case has been approved and that a letter has been mailed to my address still waiting……

so basically after submitting RFE , it took them exactly two weeks to revise and make a decision on my I -485 . Waiting now for I -730 and I-131. I believe u will soon have yours to . Good luck

So guys if i applied for my greencard in California based on asylum granted is it gonna be most likely in Nebraska service center??? Most likely i will move to LA in few weeks