Processing time for green card based on asylum

yep, it says here $0 before April 1st 2024. Today is April 3rd already though. Does it mean it's not $0 anymore for I-131 even if it goes with I-485? Sorry for so many questions!
I think you are right each form has to be paid separately
Friends! I found answers to my confusing question on the USCIS page "I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status" under the hidden menu "Special Instructions".
View attachment 4627

Attachments

• IMG_9932.png
    IMG_9932.png
    355 KB · Views: 18
Hello friends! What would be examples of the actual continuous physical presence in the United States for the last year? I don't see list of accepted documents in the I-485 instruction

Great! I have all that but it's not a really confirmation cause a person might work remotely, all these payments are set up automatically. But if it's enough - I'm more than happy. So bank statements are not required in this case?

Hello friends! After endless researches I found the official Policy Manual (Volume 7, Chapter 4 - Documentation and Evidence)
with detailed explanation how an officer checks 1-year presence and what are the additional docs might be requested. @Evaposs - you are 100% correct.
1712374567725.png

Hello friends! After endless researches I found the official Policy Manual (Volume 7, Chapter 4 - Documentation and Evidence)
with detailed explanation how an officer checks 1-year presence and what are the additional docs might be requested. @Evaposs - you are 100% correct.
View attachment 4629
@hule i know because i applied for i485 last year May and i did a lot of research and watch YouTube videos before applying

I’m considering reaching out to my senator to get support on my asylum based I-485. What are the pros and cons, and should I submit my request to the Senator?

I485 receipt date: Jan’23.

Asylum application: Dec’2016
Asylum approval: Dec’2021.

I’m considering reaching out to my senator to get support on my asylum based I-485. What are the pros and cons, and should I submit my request to the Senator?

Way too early:) i guarantee you that the senator wont do anything! Again and again and again the expedition process for the i-485 is almost impossible unless it’s for the benefit for the US government but senators can help in travel documents and i-130 and things like that even for N-400 but for i-485 it’s almost impossible that anyone could force the USCIS to speed it up especially your receipt date is not that old! we talking about 15 months! You either wait or sue them but you got no other option.

There's nothing wrong with trying, but just know that your chances of success really depend on many factors, how long the case has been pending, and whether mistakes cause delays. The law states that any government agency, including USCIS, must decide your case within a reasonable time, less than 12 months of processing for I-485 asylum basis does not constitute unreasonable delays, at least in my opinion . But it doesn't hurt to try, so good luck.

Hey all! I got this updated today. Anyone know why they transferred the case to another office?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-080232_CaseTrack.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409-080232_CaseTrack.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 38
After 10 months finger print applied for I 131. My I 485 stuckd on finger print.... anyone in.the same situation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240412-204647_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240412-204647_Snapchat.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi all,

I will apply soon for green card based on asylum. The USCIS website indicates that the processing time in Texas Service Center is between 7 months to 26 months, which is a huge variation in processing time. Would you guys please share here your asylum green card processing timeline to get a better understanding of the actual processing time?

Thanks!
Hi Oliver,

The US Green Card-based asylum processing times vary from 14- to 16 months, depending upon the Visa officer's approval. You can apply for US jobs after seeking asylum in the US.

Here's my current timeline:

Sep. 22, 2022: I-485 application received by USCIS
Oct. 26, 2023: case ready to be scheduled for an interview
Feb. 16, 2024: interview scheduled
Mar. 26, 2024: I-485 interview conducted; RFE issued for a new I-693
Apr. 10, 2024: I-693 received and case is being processed
Apr. 12, 2024: case approved, GC ordered by USCIS :)

Here's my current timeline:

Sep. 22, 2022: I-485 application received by USCIS
Oct. 26, 2023: case ready to be scheduled for an interview
Feb. 16, 2024: interview scheduled
Mar. 26, 2024: I-485 interview conducted; RFE issued for a new I-693
Apr. 10, 2024: I-693 received and case is being processed
Apr. 12, 2024: case approved, GC ordered by USCIS :)
Congratulations friend. Could you please let us know what did they asked during the interview because it will be helpful for those who waiting for their i-485 approval.

Congratulations friend. Could you please let us know what did they asked during the interview because it will be helpful for those who waiting for their i-485 approval.
The immigration officer went over the entire application with me, question by question. Starting with name, address, and every single question on the application. She asked about my trips outside of the US, I only had the years of when I traveled, not the exact dates, and that was fine. She asked if I used my NP or RTD - I said RTD, because my NP expired a long time ago and I didn't renew it. I asked, 'Do you need the countries I travelled to?' She said no. She asked me if I ever travelled to my COP (country of persecution) since receiving asylum, and I didn't, so I said no.

The most interest to her was criminal history, and that's where I made the mistake on my application, because I didn't think you need to put minor things like speeding or parking tickets on there - YOU DO! I had two speeding tickets and a parking ticket that I didn't disclose, and they were already on her computer screen when she got to that section, so she started asking me about them. I also had 'No Proof of Insurance' ticket that was dismissed by the judge when I went to court and showed that I had car insurance. Well, guess what - it still showed up even though it was dismissed, and I had to explain it. But it was OK, she just added the details of those tickets on the application and moved on to the next section. I just told her, 'I'm sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought it was asking me about actual criminal charges, not minor violations or dismissed tickets'. She replied, 'That's OK, that's why we do these interviews'.

She didn't ask me any details about my actual asylum case. I brought basically all of the documents from my asylum case, all the documents and correspondence I ever got from USCIS, a whole big folder of papers - didn't need any of them. The only things I needed were the interview letter from USCIS and my driver's license. The whole interview was literally just going over the application, question by question.

So if I can give any advice for the application and the interview - make sure you include every violation you've ever had, no matter how minor you think they were. Speeding tickets, parking tickets, dismissed tickets or charges - they will all show up in your background check and you will have to explain them anyway.

I hope this helps. Good luck to everybody! :)

The immigration officer went over the entire application with me, question by question. Starting with name, address, and every single question on the application. She asked about my trips outside of the US, I only had the years of when I traveled, not the exact dates, and that was fine. She asked if I used my NP or RTD - I said RTD, because my NP expired a long time ago and I didn't renew it. I asked, 'Do you need the countries I travelled to?' She said no. She asked me if I ever travelled to my COP (country of persecution) since receiving asylum, and I didn't, so I said no.

The most interest to her was criminal history, and that's where I made the mistake on my application, because I didn't think you need to put minor things like speeding or parking tickets on there - YOU DO! I had two speeding tickets and a parking ticket that I didn't disclose, and they were already on her computer screen when she got to that section, so she started asking me about them. I also had 'No Proof of Insurance' ticket that was dismissed by the judge when I went to court and showed that I had car insurance. Well, guess what - it still showed up even though it was dismissed, and I had to explain it. But it was OK, she just added the details of those tickets on the application and moved on to the next section. I just told her, 'I'm sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought it was asking me about actual criminal charges, not minor violations or dismissed tickets'. She replied, 'That's OK, that's why we do these interviews'.

She didn't ask me any details about my actual asylum case. I brought basically all of the documents from my asylum case, all the documents and correspondence I ever got from USCIS, a whole big folder of papers - didn't need any of them. The only things I needed were the interview letter from USCIS and my driver's license. The whole interview was literally just going over the application, question by question.

So if I can give any advice for the application and the interview - make sure you include every violation you've ever had, no matter how minor you think they were. Speeding tickets, parking tickets, dismissed tickets or charges - they will all show up in your background check and you will have to explain them anyway.

Congratulations and thanks for helping the folks who might get interviewed soon! Congrats again

Congratulations and thanks for the story

Thank you so much and I truly appreciate it :)

Good news.
Effective immediately.
Any I-693 (Medicals) filed after November 2023 will be valid indefinitely (does not expire).
All filings before November 2023 will be valid only for 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Wow! I haven’t heard about interview for asylees in a while!!! They were just waiving a lot!