Processing time for green card based on asylum

Why are you people being so rude ?

Again, I think you are the one who is rude. You just came to the forum and you don't understand how things work. Like I said, Oliver said nothing rude to you, you assumed that what he said was rude. In his first post, he kindly asked if you can share your complete status so that people can understand....and you replied with "who are you". That is rude to me.
Secondly, he explained why he asked you to share your status or a screenshot and cover your receipt number. And you said his comment was rude and nasty. You, my friend are the one who is rude and nasty. I couldn't help but comment about this because you need to grow up.

Last edited:
Again, I think you are the one who is rude. You just came to the forum and you don't understand how things work. Like I said, Oliver said nothing rude to you, you assumed that what he said was rude. In his first post, he kindly asked if you can share your complete status so that people can understand....and you replied with "who are you". That is rude to me.
Secondly, he explained why he asked you to share your status or a screenshot and cover your receipt number. And you said his comment was rude and nasty. You, my friend are the one who is rude and nasty. I couldn't help but comment about this because you need to grow up.
Dont call me "Friend" and please dont feel you have to reply at all to this message.
You go your way and I go mine.

Why are you people being so rude ?
No body is rude or trying to be rude. The main purpose of this forum is to receive help AND give help. When I kindly asked you to share some information that are NOT private nor can identify your identity you replied in a rude way, although this information will help us to better help YOU to make sense of the status you received from USCIS.

No body is rude or trying to be rude. The main purpose of this forum is to receive help AND give help. When I kindly asked you to share some information that are NOT private nor can identify your identity you replied in a rude way, although this information will help us to better help YOU to make sense of the status you received from USCIS.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP MESSAGING ME.

Dont call me "Friend" and please dont feel you have to reply at all to this message.
You go your way and I go mine.
NO BODY IS MESSAGING YOU!! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM AND ANYONE CAN REPLY TO ANY POST!!!!!!! DUDE!! RELAX!!!! And stop being defensive and take the criticism in a personal way!! We don't know you and you don't know us!

NO BODY IS MESSAGING YOU!! THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM AND ANYONE CAN REPLY TO ANY POST!!!!!!! DUDE!! RELAX!!!! And stop being defensive and take the criticism in a personal way!! We don't know you and you don't know us!

I really don't know why he/she is taking it soooo personal, Oliver. If he/she doesn't want to receive messages, he/she can as well close the account. We have the right to respond since this is a public forum. Take it easy, OSCARITO.

"Dude" just go away I dont care for your extreme rude message and yes you are correct I dont know how this work but that still dont allow you to be rude and nast.

JUST GO AWAY
oscarito I think you are the one who is rude and maybe nasty like you said. There is nothing wrong with what Oliver said. Learn to take advice....I think you should go away.
I agree, oliver has been a lot of help to many here. If you don’t want to help others that’s understandable but that’s no reason to be rude.
Everyone here is curious, clueless, eager, anxious and don’t know whats else but my point is if you don’t want to answer a question just don’t respond. I see your status is something I’ve never heard of either, if you want to share something about it thats fine if not we’ll find out about it from someone else.

Dude! There is no status in USCIS has the main title "My cases is being prepared to be sent to an officer", at least nobody here mentioned they got such status, this statement usually mentioned later in the status message, and not as the main title. Thats why you confused people who never heard of this status before. Besides, do you have any idea about how this forum works??!! Millions of applicants may have the same exact status message you have but with different receipt number, so if you really want to help people around here you can attach a screenshot of your status message and hide your receipt number.
Take it easy dude!! JEEZ!!!
When you login to case status website, if you have an account, they mention that the next step “ we will prepare your case for an officer review “ or something like that

I agree, oliver has been a lot of help to many here. If you don’t want to help others that’s understandable but that’s no reason to be rude.
Everyone here is curious, clueless, eager, anxious and don’t know whats else but my point is if you don’t want to answer a question just don’t respond. I see your status is something I’ve never heard of either, if you want to share something about it thats fine if not we’ll find out about it from someone else.
Thank you very much Asylum.applicant1212 for your support and raising a very good point that we are all here under pressure and we need the support of each other.

When you login to case status website, if you have an account, they mention that the next step “ we will prepare your case for an officer review “ or something like that
Thats why I wanted to see the full status, I never saw anyone posting such status, I even googled it and couldn't find anything. Here is why I am interested, and I was very hesitant to mention this since I didn't want to cause panic, especially for the person who asked the question: On August 21 of this year USCIS issued "quietly" a new policy for AOS based on asylum ( https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/policy-manual-updates/20200821-AsyleeAOS.pdf ), the new policy simply states that the AOS officer may question the asylum status and re-evaluate it and send it back to the asylum office for re-reviewing, they even added a new chapter to the policy manual for this purpose ( https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-m-chapter-6 ), I am afraid that this "we will prepare your case for an officer review" status is a new status and it means that the AOS officer is re-evaluating your asylum case and send it again to the asylum office. Again, I know this status was mentioned before, but NOT as the main title of the status, but is usually mentioned later in the text. Thats why I wanted from OSCARITO to show us the whole message so we can understand whats going on. I deeply hope this will not cause any panic or add any anxiety to what we already have right now.

Thats why I wanted to see the full status, I never saw anyone posting such status, I even googled it and couldn't find anything. Here is why I am interested, and I was very hesitant to mention this since I didn't want to cause panic, especially for the person who asked the question: On August 21 of this year USCIS issued "quietly" a new policy for AOS based on asylum ( https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/policy-manual-updates/20200821-AsyleeAOS.pdf ), the new policy simply states that the AOS officer may question the asylum status and re-evaluate it and send it back to the asylum office for re-reviewing, they even added a new chapter to the policy manual for this purpose ( https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-m-chapter-6 ), I am afraid that this "we will prepare your case for an officer review" status is a new status and it means that the AOS officer is re-evaluating your asylum case and send it again to the asylum office. Again, I know this status was mentioned before, but NOT as the main title of the status, but is usually mentioned later in the text. Thats why I wanted from OSCARITO to show us the whole message so we can understand whats going on. I deeply hope this will not cause any panic or add any anxiety to what we already have right now.
I don't think these policies have been implemented recently ( i may be wrong ), but I think if the country situation where the Asylee had fled from has changed where Asylee could return back to his country, the AOS would ask the asylum office to reevaluate the case.

I really don't know why he/she is taking it soooo personal, Oliver. If he/she doesn't want to receive messages, he/she can as well close the account. We have the right to respond since this is a public forum. Take it easy, OSCARITO.
Not he/she you should say it lol

Mine since mid of July till now it says fingerprints were taken when I sent my case I didn’t send the medical exam since they were all closed due to coronavirus (i sent my case on the beginning of May) so a few days ago I did the medical exam and my attorney is about to send it to them so this may save us some time

Hi everybody
I am an asylee since December 2019 and waiting for GC apply.I have few property in my home country and i want to sell or transfer those property.I heard that I can do this with help of our country consulate office here in USA.
Do you guys have any experience on that?Will it hamper my further GC or citizenship applications

Hi everybody
I am an asylee since December 2019 and waiting for GC apply.I have few property in my home country and i want to sell or transfer those property.I heard that I can do this with help of our country consulate office here in USA.
Do you guys have any experience on that?Will it hamper my further GC or citizenship applications
I don’t recommend getting intouch with anywhere that has to do with the country you claimed asylum from until at least getting your GC. Not these day or during Trump presidency