Processing time for green card based on asylum

Not at all! It’s only because i preferred to keep the same attorney i hired for my asylum case as it’s much easier and trustable cause they have all of your info and records so it makes the process easier and faster! If you put different info on your i-485 application than the asylum application then that may cause u big trouble later and we have read a lot about that issues before so it’s better to make sure 100% that all the info you put on both applications are consistent
Truth! For me, I used a different attorney from my first attorney because I changed location, got my GC in 5 months

You lucky guys :) all class A attorneys charge $3000-$3600 plus the application fees! I paid $3600 and i know other folks paid around $3800-$4000
That's lots of money spent on something one could do by themselves. The lawyer is just simply a middle man, he does dictates the outcome or add any strange information and documents. Everything he provides comes from you.

That's lots of money spent on something one could do by themselves. The lawyer is just simply a middle man, he does dictates the outcome or add any strange information and documents. Everything he provides comes from you.
When i first arrived in the US years agoooo some folks who been here for 25+ years told me an advice that I won’t ever forget about “Never be cheap or never hate spending money when it comes to attorney or something medical”
If you do it by yourself you never know a small or big issue could pops up and then you’re in trouble and if you don’t have an attorney you’re completely screwed and if you try to hire an attorney then he/she will charge you tons of money so it’s better to be safe than sorry!

We have seen many experiences that attorneys saved their clients from hard times so again no
One should care about the money when it comes to something important like immigration processing or you can take the whole responsibility and do it all by yourself and you could be doing great job but i wouldn’t do that as i saw many folks got postponed for years due to one mistake in date or something like that in i-485 form

Yep $400 that is definitely not a lawyer, that is probably a paralegal, i was quoted 12k for 3'aplicants.
That’s the correct amount! Yeah $400 must be paralegal or just someone watching too many videos on YouTube and decided to open small office for him! The normal quote is $3600-$4000 for a good attorney that will get your back if USCIS tries to play you dirty for missing documents or dates any bs they do sometimes …
If someone is not willing to spend money on their immigration case then what’s more important that she/he can spend money on! Literally nothing

That’s the correct amount! Yeah $400 must be paralegal or just someone watching too many videos on YouTube and decided to open small office for him! The normal quote is $3600-$4000 for a good attorney that will get your back if USCIS tries to play you dirty for missing documents or dates any bs they do sometimes …
If someone is not willing to spend money on their immigration case then what’s more important that she/he can spend money on! Literally nothing
Man you assume to know everything. You have great advice and also there are lots you are talking rubbish. Try not to share opinions and not concluding all the time.

Just as People told you attorney is very important, some people told many others that it's only neccessary when you are completely ignorant or don't want to dig information yourself.
There are Manu ways to go through immigration easily without the need of attorneys and also if someone says they paid $,100 just asked them questions.
Keep doing great work here but also don't assume you know everything.

Man you assume to know everything. You have great advice and also there are lots you are talking rubbish. Try not to share opinions and not concluding all the time.

Just as People told you attorney is very important, some people told many others that it's only neccessary when you are completely ignorant or don't want to dig information yourself.
There are Manu ways to go through immigration easily without the need of attorneys and also if someone says they paid $,100 just asked them questions.
Keep doing great work here but also don't assume you know everything.
First of all I didn’t talk to you in a wrong way or accused you or anyone else of being cheap or trying to save money as i even don’t know you personally or know your situation at all so I don’t understand how you dare talk to me like that! Listen man I decided long time ago not to get in argument with anyone here so try to be respectful with me especially as I mentioned earlier I didn’t accuse you of anything or attacked you or told you I know everything!

Some folks can’t afford paying $3000-$4000 to an attorney so that’s fine and i hope all the best for them i was talking about the people that could afford it and acting cheap and go to someone who is paralegal or whatever :) don’t take it personal buddy :) chill out

Guys chill out… we are already suffering from this massive backlog specially to the asylum i485.. the processing time slower than any other i485 … so let’s think about that …. pray we all should get our card as soon as possible.

Guys chill out… we are already suffering from this massive backlog specially to the asylum i485.. the processing time slower than any other i485 … so let’s think about that …. pray we all should get our card as soon as possible.
I don’t want to tell you this thing. After emails, yesterday, Tier 2 officer called me, and he told me the same thing. “You need to wait. I can’t tell you anything about when your case will complete. I can say your case is in progress.”

My asylum lawyer told me in advance, green card application would be free. But before application he told me that he will charge 2000$ for my wife. I didn't take the offer, it was supposed be free for both of us.

My asylum lawyer told me in advance, green card application would be free. But before application he told me that he will charge 2000$ for my wife. I didn't take the offer, it was supposed be free for both of us.
Seems he is not very honest, and trying to eat his own promise.