Processing delay could be \'cause of new additional security checks

milli

Registered Users (C)
There was a notice posted on the AILA web site that says that the INS has decided not to implement premium processing for I-140s at this time. They are also instituting new security checks that will delay the processing of all matters filed with them, except N-400s. They did not offer any thoughts as to how long applications and petitions will be delayed as a result of the new checks.

This was posted by Ron Gotcher(Attorney) in his forum

No Title

This is\'nt a good news for 485 waiters. Probably they\'ll send more rfe\'s for security checks and hence the delay in the approval:(

May be there won\'t be further delays after they implement whatever they are trying to

but at least the current streak of not seeing approvals could be defintely \'cause of additional security checks(whatever that may be) they are trying to implement..............We don\'t know how long they would take to implement such process and resume working on other cases...

Here is the link...

http://www.elirich.com/apr18b.htm

Based on following comment in this note..
"...existing premium processing program will not be delayed by these new security checks unless there is a security \'hit\'..."

I am thinking that this check is some thing like searching some other computer database(s) to see for some suspicious links and should not take much time to do these checks. Note that premium processing takes only 10 days for response, and if this processing is not suppose to impact that process then I am assuming that it should not impact at all in case of AOS processes. I hope INS has enough processing power/computers to deal with the volume of these checks.

-PCee

i don\'t understand this..

do you think the real bad people(terrorists) will wait patiently for 5 and 1/2 years for their GC before blowing up things? this security check does\'nt make any sense for GC related process...

No Title

madha,

There is a technical term for that "...sleepers" and yes, theoritically it is possible that some one may wait for even 5.5 years to do some bad things.

But also note that
1. This process is not only for I-485 but for every thing (like H1s F1s etc. etc.)
2. It may be taking 5.5 years to me and you but note that there are several people who got GCs within a year too.

-PCee

Wonder when my turn will come.

I have lost all hope now.
Friends who applied couple of months after me and did their FP couple of months after me got approved a month back.

I am still waiting????

i guess you are right PCee

but it is damn frustating. waiting for 5.5 years...struggling to keep legal status...bad economy...stupid antics of sponsering company...

i hope at the end its all worth the pain and tension. i find some solace on this board. i wish all of us get our GC\'s soon :)

It looks scary to read this conversation but guys please don\'t send panic waves

Hi Ron:
I heard about security check for all petitions by INS. What does it mean? Do you think it would delay processing of 485 applications further. Comment please.
Thanks
D-

Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 09:06 AM

Honestly, I don\'t know what effect, if any, this will have on INS processing. I do know that the INS has a perfectly horrible record when it comes to performing background checks. In the past, they seemed utterly unable to run a simple background check on adjustment applicants. In the end, they just stopped doing them. They got caught by Congress a few years ago and the result was a ten month suspension of adjustment of status processing.

I don\'t mean to suggest that the same thing might happen again, and I certainly don\'t want to be the source of any crazy rumors about definite new processing slowdowns. My point is that the INS has a history of being unable to perform their required duties. Given that this new requirement seems to encompass not only adjustment cases, but ALL matters filed with them except citizenship matters, I have to think that it will have an effect on their production.

To give you some idea of how miserably incompetent they are, contrast the adjustment of status production of the four INS service centers with the immigrant visa work done by the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez Mexico. The post at Juarez not only handles more immigrant matters each year than the four INS service centers combined, but does it with about one tenth the staff. Also, Juarez handles mostly family based cases, which are incredibly messy (with all of the affidavit of support issues), where the INS service centers handle employment based cases (where the interviews are waived). What does that tell you about the INS?

Who knows? Given that they are supposed to be reorganizing, perhaps they will find a way to actually get their work done.

Ron Gotcher
The Gotcher Law Group, PC
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Thanks a lot Ron for your comments! of course I am really scared by hearing about INS\'s track record! Let us just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!
Thanks
D-

Date: Sunday, April 21, 2002 03:53 PM

I don\'t intend to believe anything that I read over the next month or so. The INS will claim that there won\'t be any additional delays and other people are going to claim that everything will come to a complete stop. The truth will lie somewhere in between, and we won\'t know what it is for at least two months.

Ron Gotcher

No appearent impact on TSC!

3 cases with 04/15 and one with 04/18 recorded in TSC tracker! Check my messages in some other related thread...

PCee "==> Recent approvals for April 2002 part 3" 4/19/02 7:04pm

- PCee

guys

there are two things we can look at

a) Expected delay. We can get estimates/opinions/speculations/crystal ball predictions/tea leaf readings/tarot cards reading/palmistry/ astrology/sooth sayers/fortune tellers/Parrot pulls cards etc. etc.

b) actual delay. When we have 10 approvals per week - that is the time that we can say that INS is back to speed and over the hump.

It does not help to speculate on what will happen.
Just wait and watch and report any real known approval.

This will give us a sense of where we stand in the gc approval process.

From now on - please read all messages and say to yourself

Is this an actual thing or is it an interpretation or speculation ?

Try and be calm

TSC is way behind other INS centers

Maybe other INS centers are helping TSC clear its backlog.

rsrgc may not like it, but this is pure speculation...

sonofindia

I do not say \'do not speculate\'

Out of speculation and dreaming are born new inventions.

New Inventions are born out of people who look under rocks and try to test and seek confirmation for their \'speculation and dreams\'

I say that after reading/listening/talking sometimes do the following

analyze and say \'is this fact or speculation ?\'

after doing that you will have a clear understanding ?

numbers that I have pulled up from INS.gov

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/aboutins/statistics/IMM00yrbk/ExcIMM00/Table5.xls

This is numbers that I pulled up from the INS website for Fiscal Year 2000

These are numbers of approvals granted for Employment based Green card Adjustment of status and the following numbers are approvals to principals only.

EB1 - 9211
EB2 - 8973
EB3 - 20241
others - 3909

Total 42334

You could read the full table at the link given above

What are your comments ?

No Title

rsrgc,

I am a bit confused about your message in #9, but here is/was my point...
1. INS officially said that they are going to implement new security procedure, and they didn\'t say much about whether that process is going to impact the AOS process or not!
2. My comments were (a) By analysing their exact comments the process (once it is in place) won\'t have any impact on AOS processing (#6). (b)As of now some how TSC is processing at same speed as before (#8.1), that means this new procedure didn\'t impact TSC yet!

-PCee

PCee

My comments were not directed at your message.

I did not wish to write that Mr. Ron Gothcher was over reacting to the new INS security check procedures.

Yes - I feel that when INS has decided to implement security checks for all applications except Citizenship applications , there will be a initial delay to set up the process and to clear people. But after a while there will be some systematic methods in place and it will be okay.

Yes NSC/VSC/CSC are having problems and no approvals have been heard from them and TSC has some approvals.

But this is a nationwide procedure and I wonder why TSC is not following this.

We only have to wait and watch.

I have heard from some informed sources that it will take 30-60 days and then the flow of approvals will again start. (pure speculation only :) )

Hope it takes less than that.