Processing delay could be \'cause of new additional security checks

Any info of AILA meeting with INS - Morpheous

Somebody posted it was scheduled today. Hopefully it should clear up things. - Morpheous

numbers that I have pulled up from INS.gov and comments

Posted By: rsrgc 4/22/02 5:11 PM
(#17 of 41)
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/aboutins/statistics/IMM00yrbk/ExcIMM00/Table5.xls
This is numbers that I pulled up from the INS website for Fiscal Year 2000

These are numbers of approvals granted for Employment based Green card Adjustment of status and the following numbers are approvals to principals only.

EB1 - 9211
EB2 - 8973
EB3 - 20241
others - 3909

Total 42334

You could read the full table at the link given above

What are your comments ?

---------------------------------------------

comments

let us say that this year INS approves 60,000 case out of which 20,000 are done by CSC.

Now we generally record 150 cases per month at CSC section that is 1800 per year. which is
roughly 8 percent of the total cases approved by CSC.

This website is being used by a fair number of users and the information and content is
quite good.

Hence my conclusion is that we are quite uptodate on whats happening in CSC.

I feel that generally one person from each family posts his approval and that is the reason
that I have not taken the Total figure from the INS website of Principal and dependants.

another look at PCee list and some computations

Hi Guys
The following numbers were pulled from PCee\'s list on tripod.com

total adjudication during

Jan 2002 = 73
feb 2002 = 119
mar 2002 = 134
april 1 - 10 = 39

Now it looks like CSC stopped processing around 10th of april and has not resumed processing since that date

if you calculate 39 approvals in 10 days that gives nearly 120 approvals during the month which looks kinda normal for the period april 1 - 10.

After april 10\'th - a cold wind blew in CSC and froze everything.

Hope a heat wave galvanizes CSC into action.

Conclusion - we are still in the wait and watch mode.

Talked to attorney : AILA

Information is vague.....Atty says that they were told there would be a delay in processing applications(no matter what kind of application)for the new security checks.
Which is to share info with other government agencies and for that they require middle names to be expanded if they have any middle name.
CSC has not given a tentative date when they would complete.but, My Atty. guesses that it could take two months.
Atty. also mentioned that CSC is waiting for guidelines for the new security check.when I mentioned about VSC approving some 485\'s the answer was they might have already completed the new security check.
The point I do not understand is do CSC and VSC get there guidelines from different sources/Head quarters?....
RSRGC---I will use your line "Wait and Watch"
Good luck to All!

well well well

So now from Kotag\'s atty some points do emerge

a) Yes there is definitely a freeze at CSC
b) No one wants to commit exactly when the freeze will end
c) It is related to the security (read IBIS) process

Assumptions
-----------
Because other centres have taken 15 days to understand and use IBIS maybe it wont be so long before the flow of approvals starts again.

No Title

copied from murthy.com chat transcripts of april 22 2002

Chat User : Good evening, Murthyji. Do the existing cases waiting for I-485 approval need to expand their middle initial? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : If the I-485 paperwork has already been filed, then there is nothing that can be done now. The INS may issue an RFE if they want more information. We have shared all the information of which the INS has informed us so far on the middle name issue. We will share more information when we obtain it from the INS.

No Title

copied from murthy.com chat transcripts of april 22 2002

Chat User : Hello, Murthyji. What does the new INS security check mean? What is its impact on AOS applications going to be? Thanks.

Attorney Murthy : Not clear which security checks you refer to. If it is the CP process paperwork, that is the Police Clearance Certificates in India. On the other hand, you mention AOS in your question and we have always had the FBI check of all cases, even before Sept. 11th. So in general there should be no greater impact than before.

My thoughts...

rsrgc, kotag kris,

I agree with you. 1. CSC is not processing any cases since app. 04/12 because of new security check. 2. Also it may not take much time before they start issuing cases. If it took 10-15 days for VSC to put things in place, it should not take more than couple of weeks for CSC too.

Also note that for INS it takes very long time to react to any thing! For e.g. They are reacting to those two insidents (1. sending approval to Flight school, 2. loosing 4 people at the port) now. It will take some time for this new bill to become law and until then INS will keep going with its own snail pace. But with this background I am not expecting any processing improvements in near future though!

God, we have to go through that delay for AOS receipts in the begining and now we have to go through this delay for approvals! I don\'t know when this will end.

Good luck to all
PCee

following is a message that

I have copied from 180days group @ yahoo.com

========================================================

To: 180days@yahoogroups.com

From: "sanjeevofchicago" | Block Address | Add to Address Book

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:12:24 -0000

Subject: [180days] 485 processing at INS, Nebraska?!?

Reply-to: 180days@yahoogroups.com

I just got off the phone with a IIO at Nebraska Service Center. He
told me that they have put 485 processing on hold for the last two
weeks and he did not know how long will it be on hold! Is this
information correct???

==================================================================

The person sent this today and it sounds line 485 is on hold at NSC

Only CSC appears to have stopped processing - Numbers pulled out from rupnet.com

Approvals from 4/12 to till date

NSC - 4 approvals
VSC - 17 approvals
TSC - 3 approvals
CSC - zilch

I don\'t think the posting problem we have, has nothing to do with not seeing approvals......

I dunno somehow my gut instinct says we are gonna see approvals starting Monday.........so forget about the green card..go partying...watch some ball game and have fun over the weekend.....