Problem with Sponcer Statement for H4-F1

cdesu75

Hi,

I am hoping someone could help me with their knowledge. I applied for H4-F1 transfer for MS 6 weeks back and I got a letter saying "PLease submit evidence that you have the ability to pay for your tution and and living expences throught the duration of your studies".

I-20 said $28K(I think its per year) and I sent INS a bank statement with $32k (same thing I sent for the grad school). I notarized sponcer statement aswell. Can anybody tell me what was wrong? How much $$evidence do I need to show? Also, Does that all need to be cash in the bank or can it be like stocks/investments?

I appreciate your help. Thanks,CD

send copies of the same documents and cover letter. SHould be all cash in the bank + salary/savings of the sponsor.

cdesu75 said:
Hi,

I am hoping someone could help me with their knowledge. I applied for H4-F1 transfer for MS 6 weeks back and I got a letter saying "PLease submit evidence that you have the ability to pay for your tution and and living expences throught the duration of your studies".

I-20 said $28K(I think its per year) and I sent INS a bank statement with $32k (same thing I sent for the grad school). I notarized sponcer statement aswell. Can anybody tell me what was wrong? How much $$evidence do I need to show? Also, Does that all need to be cash in the bank or can it be like stocks/investments?

I appreciate your help. Thanks,CD

Did you submit I 134 form notorized. Make sure some time I 20 shows only tuition , you may have to include living expenses ($15K) for one year.

THanks for replying. I have one additional question. Can I submit the proof of finances(statements) printed from internet (online statements)? I dont have any recent hard copies of those. Can any one comment on this?

cdesu75 said:
THanks for replying. I have one additional question. Can I submit the proof of finances(statements) printed from internet (online statements)? I dont have any recent hard copies of those. Can any one comment on this?
Yes but certification from an attorny is needed. (Back side of the paper).

Usually last three months statements are required nowadays because most of the sponsers borrow money and deposit it and show the statement later withdraw the money. INS knows this practices now.

LucyMO said:
no attorney is needed for this.
For INS legal papers, if it is not original, attorney's attestation is required before submission to avoid rejection, if you are applying yourself.

this is the first time I hear about this. Please provide the link to the information.

I applied for AOS and all that's needed are copies of the documents. Regular copies. No certification by any lawyer is ever required.

LucyMO said:
this is the first time I hear about this. Please provide the link to the information.

I applied for AOS and all that's needed are copies of the documents. Regular copies. No certification by any lawyer is ever required.

Did you submit bank statement copies at the time of AOS !!!!.

For bank statement , they are looking for original statement ( INS even return the originals after verification if we request). At one time I was asked to produce original or copy certified by a Notory or attorney.

notaries notarize. Translators certify. Cetification by an attorney -- where is it specifically indicated that attorney can certify anything or must do so, if a copy is submitted in place of an original?

LucyMO said:
notaries notarize. Translators certify. Cetification by an attorney -- where is it specifically indicated that attorney can certify anything (not anything- bank statment copy, copy of INS papers/ forms - it will be only accepted by INS. Attorney can be also a notary too not vice versa) or must do so, if a copy is submitted in place of an original?

Last edited by a moderator:
bank statement enough for financial guarantee?

hi cdesu?

what happened with your F1 application? did you send more evidence for financial gaurantee and did you get your F1 now?

pls share your experience! appreciate it.