Prirority dates Arrived

lc140 said:
Experts help me here.

I am planning to go with the pre-approved labor which was approved in May 2004 and am filling my 140/485 in another week.

Will this effect my GC? I am totally confuesed with this news of "PRIORITY DATES ARRIVED"

help me take some decision here.

Thanks

LC

If you are NOT from india or china or philippines, then you don't need to worry. If you are from one of these 3 countries and if you are going to file I140 in EB2 category (requires Bachelors degree + 5 yrs experience or Masters degree + 3 yrs experience), then also you are safe. Otherwise, expect 3 to 4 years for your GC.

gcformt said:
Thanks for your reply I hope you are correct.Dazzling :).. Anyobody here object to this openion...
Some experts in this forum have in-depth knowledge in immigration laws and twists (especially in employment based immigration as many are from specialty occupation) then lot of paper-filing lawyers atleast !!! :)
Your attorney looks to be wrong.

Thanks

thanks a million for all those people who have replied to me.....even my lawyer wld NOT be able to answer my queries the way some of them have done....i am really happy to come in this forum and i also wish to help people ..but unfortunately my knowledge abt this whole system is very limited....i have yet to file my GC and have a lon g long way to go...thanks anyway.

I have a priority date (EB3) of 11/13/2000, but my I-485 notice date is in February 2004. Will my case be first in the queue or no as my I-485 ND is Feb 2004

shatan said:
I have a priority date (EB3) of 11/13/2000, but my I-485 notice date is in February 2004. Will my case be first in the queue or no as my I-485 ND is Feb 2004

nope...it will be FIFO based on ND of 485 application.....

Friends,

In the same bulletin it says

In recent years, all Employment-based categories have been “Current” for all countries, primarily as a result of two factors:

The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (Title I of Pub. L. 106 - 313 enacted on October 17, 2000) contained several provisions intended to increase the availability of Employment-based numbers. Pub. L. 106-313 recaptured those Employment-based numbers that were available but not used in Fiscal Years 1999 and 2000, creating a “pool” of 130,107 numbers which could be allocated to applicants in the Employment First, Second, and Third preference categories once the annual Employment-based numerical limit has been reached. Approximately 101,000 of these “pool” numbers remain available for use during FY-1005. Pub. L. 106-313 also removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.

Changes in CIS processing procedures during the past two years created a significant backlog of cases and a consequent reduction in demand for numbers.
During the time that the Employment-based categories have remained “Current” many tens of thousands of applicants have become eligible to file for adjustment of status. Last summer, CIS notified Congress of its intent to eliminate its current backlogs by the end of FY-2006. As a result of the CIS backlog reduction effort, we are now experiencing very heavy visa demand as CIS has begun to process cases to conclusion. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that not more than 27 percent of the Employment-based annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters of a fiscal year. Based on the current rate of demand, the 27 percent level for the first quarter of FY-2005 will be exceeded by the end of December.

It has therefore become necessary to impose an Employment-based Third preference cut-off date for January in order to limit number use during the second quarter. Many of the cases have priority dates that are several years old, and the cut-off date represents the first priority date that cannot be accommodated for final processing. The cut-off date will apply only to the following chargeability areas: China-mainland born, India, and Philippines. Cut-off date movement during the remainder of FY-2005 depends on the extent of future visa demand. No specific predictions are possible at this time.

Couple of Points in the description
A) Pub. L. 106-313 recaptured those Employment-based numbers that were available but not used in Fiscal Years 1999 and 2000, creating a “pool” of 130,107 numbers which could be allocated to applicants in the Employment First, Second, and Third preference categories once the annual Employment-based numerical limit has been reached. Approximately 101,000 of these “pool” numbers remain available for use during FY-1005. Pub. L. 106-313 also removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.

B) It has therefore become necessary to impose an Employment-based Third preference cut-off date for January in order to limit number use during the second quarter.

C) The total visa Numbers = 140000

d) Not more than 7 % of 140000 per year is issued to each country. Ie 9800

e) Per Catogory = Not more than 28.6% is issued for each catagory + Unused in any other Catogory = 28.6% of 9800 = 2793. Thats is if the eb1,eb2 numbers are unused numbers per year were, per say 2000. Then the total visa numbers = 2793 + 2000. Visa Versa to all other catogorys. Also there is a per-quarter limitation.

F) The priority date is the date when the labor is filed in EB3 catogory.

Does any one have knowledge to answer my analysis.

a) If they say "101,000 of these “pool” numbers remain available for use during FY-1005. " What they were saying was once the per-year eb3 quota is over then they were using these visa numbers pools. There is no limit of per-country on these numbers also.

A) Does this mean, the person who allready filed and got their 485 RD and EAD and AP is approved will not have any problem or do their application will be held until the priority dates were current. Being the visa numbers were allready issued in these cases why should they hold the application.

B) As part of the department of labor, backlog reduction. if they start processing and clearing the 350000 employment based application in EB3,then green card will become just a dream, being the annal quota is only 140k, and per country it is 10k, per catogory it is 2.5k+unused. Does this mean any one is starting to apply for GC now, they have to wait years.

But if anyone had any insights of that "Twenty-First Century Act " pool of 100k number. please emplain.

If thats the case, then how would USCIS update the processing times for I-485 as there will be so many people with same priority date and so many different I-485 NDs

Hi guys
Does it affect EB2 or EB1 people?

Eventhough it says it affects EB3, I see many EB3 guys getting approved(even yesterday)

What happens to Derivative Application

I got married after filing 485 but before the approval so filed my wife's 485 as derivative. I got approved but there is RFE on her case. Will her case will have to wait for PD to get current?

Thanks,

EB3--->EB2

I read in the consolidated tracker thread that one can move from EB3 to EB2. So, we might see a lot of PD affected people moving?

any thougths on this?

speedy1027

Please help

My Pd is May 2002.

I did my FP last week. I have received RFE on 485. Will they approve it before December if we satisfy the RFE?

Any idea??????????????

How would USCIS update the processing times for I-485 as there will be so many people with same priority date and so many different I-485 NDs

speedy1027 said:
I read in the consolidated tracker thread that one can move from EB3 to EB2. So, we might see a lot of PD affected people moving?

The only way you can "move" is by filing a new LC that requires at least a Master's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree + 5 years' progressive experience, and then you'll need to defend that requirement before DOL and USCIS.

It would be simpler (and probably faster) to wait in EB3. If you're just starting the LC advertising process, that's a different story.

DO I need to wait too?

Hi
My labor was filed on oct 4th 2001, and my I485 filed with notice date of March 28th 2003 and recevied date of April 7th 2003 and Priority date on I485 is blank, so do I need to wait till they start processing 2003?

Please advice..

nirmal_gc said:
Hi
My labor was filed on oct 4th 2001, and my I485 filed with notice date of March 28th 2003 and recevied date of April 7th 2003 and Priority date on I485 is blank, so do I need to wait till they start processing 2003?

Please advice..

Well the PD is printed in I140 approval notice. I think it should be RD of labor...

shatan said:
YES. Because your PD is earlier then cutoff. It does not matter hwen you filed 485. If your labor was filed earlier, then you will get you GC earlier.

lc140 said:
Experts help me here.

I am planning to go with the pre-approved labor which was approved in May 2004 and am filling my 140/485 in another week.

Will this effect my GC? I am totally confuesed with this news of "PRIORITY DATES ARRIVED"

help me take some decision here.

Thanks

LC
You may not be able to file 485 if you are filing in EB3 and you are from India, China or philiphines

animeg said:
thanks a lot for ur reply dazzling....but i wld liek to know if i am elligible for EB2.....i have my masters degree from india and not from USA.....plll help.....thanks again
Create a new thread and post exact details about yourself and I can help you then. Send me a PM with the thread link.

Talked to my attonrey ......

I just called my attorney about dates being retrogressed. The reply I got is that if 485 is filed before the end of this year, it wont have any impact on the case , even if it is EB3.
But online postings they give a different opinion. So guys if possible can you call your attorneys and see what their opinion is.

Mine is filed under EB3.