Priority Dates - 485

kdsv

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,
Yesterday I got my 485 approval, but my priority date is 10/2002 and currently in visa bulletin it says 4/2001.
my application was originally filed with VSC and I moved 2 times since then and updated my address all the time, never been asked any questions by USCIS.
Last month I had fingure prints done.

Is this approval valid? or is it a mistake done by USCIS
How do I find out?

Thanks for any information.

Regards,
kdsv

If you don't get anything in the mail, then its a mistake with the online status, it happens sometimes. The 1-800 number will most definitely give you the same status, so no point calling them. Personally, my online status for 3 years said that they received my response to the RFE, but I never had an RFE!!

If you get it in the mail, then you're approved. Congrats! Sometimes they randomly take a case from the pile and use it for a training class. The trainer will use it as an example, and actually adjudicate the case by the end of the training. If this is the case, count your blessings, since this is a very rare occurance.

If you REALLY want to know, one way to confirm may be to make an Infopass appointment and ask the IIO at the local office. Chances are by the time you get your appointment you will probably have the notice in your mailbox.

kdsv said:
Dear Friends,
Yesterday I got my 485 approval, but my priority date is 10/2002 and currently in visa bulletin it says 4/2001.
my application was originally filed with VSC and I moved 2 times since then and updated my address all the time, never been asked any questions by USCIS.

How do I find out?

Regards,
kdsv

If you get really an approval letter then it may be a problem. Sheela Murthy has written a big article about this. Please read that. You may need to ask for rescinding your GC.

curiousGeorge said:
If you get it in the mail, then you're approved. Congrats! Sometimes they randomly take a case from the pile and use it for a training class. The trainer will use it as an example, and actually adjudicate the case by the end of the training. If this is the case, count your blessings, since this is a very rare occurance.

If he's ajudicating a case without a current priority date, not only has he skipped a critical part of the process (getting a visa # from DOS) but the approval is also invalid.

I am ok if approval is invalid, since it is their mistake I should get reverted back to where I was before and continue with status right. What do you say.

akela said:
if that is indeed an approval then shut up and keep it. Quit asking questions.

That's not a smart attitude which will get you into bigger trouble later.

kdsv said:
Dear Friends,

How do I find out?

Regards,
kdsv
----- what date the LC was filed with SWA?
are you EB2 or EB3?
country of birth?

Fear not for you haven't erred...

Dude kdsv, do not hesistate to accept what USCIS sends you across. Lot of people on this forum seem to be scaring or asking you to be extra cautious and "return" the gc but I'm sure each one of them would quietly accept it if they were in your situation. Just don't bother raising a flag unless you've done something wrong or illegal. I don't think you have a reason to be nervous here...

kdsv,
When was your I-485 filed?

It is possible that they pre-adjudicated your case, assigned you a visa number and were waiting for name check clearance. Once they got the name check clearance, they probably approved your case.

If you do get an approval in the mail, you should just accept it and move on. At least that is what I would do.

NOOPS said:
Lot of people on this forum seem to be scaring or asking you to be extra cautious and "return" the gc but I'm sure each one of them would quietly accept it if they were in your situation.

I wouldn't. And what do you do a year or two later when USCIS discovers their error and files a Motion to Rescind Permanent Residency?

imcdude said:
It is possible that they pre-adjudicated your case, assigned you a visa number and were waiting for name check clearance.

They cannot assign a visa number because DOS will not give them one for that category and Priority Date.

TheRealCanadian said:
They cannot assign a visa number because DOS will not give them one for that category and Priority Date.

I'm sorry, I was not clear in what I said.

His Priority date must have been current at some point, since he HAS filed his I-485.

At that time that he filed, they may have pre-adjudicated his case, pending Name check clearance ( I saw one gentleman in this forum, KJ, mentioning something similar in his thread).
SO when his Name check got cleared, they may have approved his case.

Take infopass go to local USCIS with I-485 approval notice, may be supervisor can help you about your concern they can talk to service center and can check the system.